Barbarian Horde of the Ninety Savages Fresh 70 Starter Build (Patch 2.7.1 / Season 24)
Fresh 70 Build
|Frenzy Smite Seismic Slam Permafrost 1 Furious Charge Merciless Assault 2 War Cry Veteran's Warning 3 Threatening Shout Falter 4 Battle Rage Ferocity|
How to Play the Build: Skills and Rotation
The presented Horde of the Ninety Savages starter build nudges you towards a Frenzy-centric setup, but early on — especially as you gather the HotNS set from Haedrig's Gifts for example — you will not have much Frenzy synergy and bonuses to rely on. Nevertheless, you should get used to your main damage dealer for later, so you will be taking Frenzy Smite for the stun proc (note the doubled damage against crowd controlled enemies from the 2-piece bonus).
Due to the doubled effectiveness of Shouts in HotNS-based builds (again, as early as the 2-piece bonus), you will be incorporating all three that make an appearance in the endgame build as well. War Cry Veteran's Warning will add massive Dodge chance to improve your survivability, Battle Rage Ferocity will improve your speed, and Threatening Shout Falter will enfeeble your enemies, making them more susceptible to your damage.
Mobility is always in demand, whether you are first constructing your build, or you are pushing into the endgame. To that end, you will be taking the Barbarian staple Furious Charge with the cooldown resetting powers of the Merciless Assault rune. Its self-sufficiency will allow you to focus on improving offense and defense for your beginner character.
Last but certainly not least; as we mentioned, Frenzy will grow into a powerhouse as you gather the full set and its dedicated supporting legendaries, but early on you will do well to include a highly damaging Fury spender to supplement your damage. The usual recommendations are Hammer of the Ancients Smash or Seismic Slam Permafrost; the reason is because they both have easy-to-gamble supporting legendaries that you can insert in the Cube an demolish low tier content with. Bracers of the First Men will allow you a HotA-based variant, while Bracers of Destruction will allow you the Seismic Slam Permafrost variant presented above.
Your passives will partially support the beginner state of the build (via the cheat death Nerves of Steel), but will also harken to your endgame potential — with Inspiring Presence working in synergy with the Shout augmentation of the set, and DPS passives like Ruthless and Rampage inflating the damage all the way to the endgame.
Gear and Builds Using This Set
The build above is specifically created not to require any additional sets or legendary items. In order to transition to a late game-oriented spec using the same set, we have a rough list of high priority items to obtain, as well as a link to the build they pertain to.
- Frenzy Build — Bastion's Revered (2h Mighty Weapon), Oathkeeper (1h Mighty Weapon), The Undisputed Champion (Mighty Belt), Depth Diggers (Pants), Band of Might (Ring).
- 23 Jul. 2021: Reviewed for Season 24.
- 02 Apr. 2021: Reviewed for Season 23.
- 20 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- Blizzard Working on an Unannounced Open-World RPG Shooter
- Wyatt Cheng on Lessons Learned During Diablo 3 Development
- Diablo 4's New Game Director is Joe Shelly
- Diablo 4 Quarterly Update: October 2021
- Global Battle.net Maintenance: October 6th
- Activision Blizzard Reaches Agreement with the EEOC
- In Celebration Of Diablo 2: Resurrected, We're Discounting Our Premium Subscription
- Overwatch 2 Executive Departs from Activision Blizzard