Barbarian Immortal King's Call Fresh 70 Starter Build (Patch 2.7.6 / Season 29)
This build is a starter build for fresh Level 70 Barbarians who have access to the Immortal King's Call set.
This guide is part of our Barbarian Seasonal Progress Guide, which also includes a leveling build and other early builds for fresh 70 characters.
Fresh 70 Build
|Furious Charge Merciless Assault Whirlwind Dust Devils 1 Battle Rage Bloodshed 2 Sprint Marathon 3 Wrath of the Berserker Insanity 4 Call of the Ancients Ancients' Fury|
How to Play the Build: Skills and Rotation
The Immortal King's Call starter build shares some common traits with the leveling build; mainly, it still leans on Whirlwind due to its efficiency in both dealing damage and navigating through enemies, setting an unrelenting farming pace that is very comfortable for Barbarians. You will not need the Fury crutch of Wind Shear because Immortal King builds get many convenient tools for Fury management; as such, you are free to emphasize on your damage with the Dust Devils rune, or enhance your health sustain with Blood Funnel. You will also be keeping the massive Wrath of the Berserker Insanity buff, but will also take Call of the Ancients from the same category, as both skills combined multiply your damage and are made virtually permanent with the Immortal King set. Early on, you should take Ancients' Fury to trivialize resource management, but when you acquire the rune for free from Fury of the Ancients shoulders (discussed in the gearing section), immediately swap to Together as One for a huge spike of Toughness. The remainder of your build will mostly consist of utility buffs, with Sprint Marathon boosting your Rift clear speed, and Battle Rage Bloodshed — your overall damage. It is advisable to take Furious Charge Merciless Assault as your final skill; a multi-function powerhouse, this skill and rune will solidify your mobility, will provide emergency Fury when needed, and will count as a proc for the generator requirement of Focus and Restraint. Nevertheless, if you do not feel comfortable with Furious Charge, you can always default to strong and long lasting buffs like War Cry Veteran's Warning. In the passives, you can make an offensive overhaul into the damage-oriented triad of Ruthless, Rampage and Berserker Rage, finishing the four slots off with Weapons Master for carefree resource management (note that the freely gifted Immortal King's Boulder Breaker is a Mighty Weapon for the purposes of the passive).
Gear and Builds Using This Set
The build above is specifically created not to require any additional sets or legendary items (though it can benefit from synergistic legendaries like Mantle of Channeling or Hexing Pants of Mr. Yan). In order to transition to a late game-oriented spec using the same set, we have a rough list of high priority items to obtain, as well as a link to the build they pertain to.
- Hammer of the Ancients Build — Fury of the Ancients (shoulder); The Gavel of Judgment (2h mighty weapon); The Furnace (2h mace); Bracers of the First Men (bracer); The Traveler's Pledge (amulet); The Compass Rose, Band of Might and Convention of Elements (rings).
- 15 Sep. 2023: Reviewed for Season 29.
- 22 Feb. 2023: Reviewed for Season 28.
- 10 Dec. 2021: Reviewed for Season 25.
- 23 Jul. 2021: Reviewed for Season 24.
- 02 Apr. 2021: Reviewed for Season 23.
- 13 Mar. 2020: Reviewed for Season 20.
- 22 Nov. 2019: Page added.
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Upcoming Dev Campfire Chat: November 30th
- Player Gathers All Uber Uniques and Asks “Did I Beat the Game?”
- Diablo 4 Steam Discount and Free Trial
- Diablo 4 Patch 1.2.2 Hotfixes: November 20th
- Diablo 4 Mother’s Blessing XP and Gold Buff Bugged, to Be Increased and Live This Week
- Diablo 4 Patch 1.2.2 Hotfixes: November 17th
- Mother’s Blessing Returns to Sanctuary (November 20-27)