Barbarian Might of the Earth Fresh 70 Starter Build (Patch 2.7 / Season 23)
This build is a starter build for fresh Level 70 Barbarians who have access to the Might of the Earth set.
This guide is part of our Barbarian Seasonal Progress Guide, which also includes a leveling build and other early builds for fresh 70 characters.
Fresh 70 Build
|Earthquake Cave-In Seismic Slam Rumble 1 Ground Stomp Wrenching Smash 2 Leap Death from Above 3 Threatening Shout Falter 4 Battle Rage Bloodshed|
How to Play the Build: Skills and Rotation
The Might of the Earth starter build keeps part of the leveling and fresh 70 build intact, as well as part of the rotation. You will still Leap as an opener in battles, but the 4-piece bonus also turns it into a primary damage dealer (especially potent with Lut Socks — read below on how to acquire them efficiently). The 4-piece set bonus also provides you with the Iron Impact rune for free, so you should swap into Death from Above for additional crowd control and safety. Ground Stomp Wrenching Smash remains in the build to group up monsters for your AoE convenience.
Most importantly, you will have to learn to play around a Fury dump skill, as that plays into the Might of the Earth 2-piece set bonus. You have two viable options, the targeted nuke of Ancient Spear Boulder Toss, and the general purpose AoE of Seismic Slam Rumble. You will be including the one of your choice in the place of Whirlwind from the leveling build. The 2-piece set bonus rewards you with the cooldown reset of your entire rotation (and most importantly, Leap) the more Fury you dump, so the use of "entire resource dump" type of skills should become second nature.
You can also swap out War Cry Charge! for Threatening Shout Falter, since Fury sustain is not really a big concern in the build (your resources mostly shoot up and down, and are never in between). Threatening Shout Falter generates less Fury, but adds an offense angle to the skill slot.
As you acquire the full Might of the Earth set, it is unlikely you will need the aid of Wrath of the Berserker to burst down elites, and you can swap it out (at least temporarily) for the constant damage improvement of Battle Rage Bloodshed.
In terms of your passives, you will maintain powerful generic Barbarian damage buffs like Rampage and Ruthless, but you should also lean more heavily into your newfound Earthquake powers with Earthen Might and Boon of Bul-Kathos.
Gear and Builds Using This Set
The build above is specifically created not to require any additional sets or legendary items. In order to transition to a late game-oriented spec using the same set, we have a rough list of high priority items to obtain, as well as a link to the build they pertain to.
- Earthquake Build — Blade of the Tribes (2h mighty weapon); The Furnace (2h mace); In-geom (1h sword); Girdle of Giants (mighty belt); Skular's Salvation and Nemesis Bracers (bracers); Focus, Restraint and Band of Might (rings).
- 02 Apr. 2021: Reviewed for Season 23.
- 07 Jul. 2020: Slight revision for Season 21 to better reflect the development of Leapquake builds over time.
- 13 Mar. 2020: Reviewed for Season 20.
- 22 Nov. 2019: Page added.
- All Class Skills for Amazon, Barbarian and Sorceress in Action in Diablo 2: Ressurected
- First Dupes Found on Diablo 2: Resurrected Alpha
- Korean Diablo 2: Resurrected Alpha to Be Extended, Possibly in the West as Well?
- Diablo 2: Resurrected in Ultrawide 32:9, 5120x1440
- Blizzard Begins Monthly Collectible Series for 30th Anniversary with Lich King Statue & Concept Art Print
- Diablo II Resurrected Technical Alpha Starting April 8th
- Signs of the Diablo 2: Resurrected Alpha: Korean Test Announced
- Razor Strop Fix for Game Freezes and Connection issues