Barbarian Legacy of Raekor Fresh 70 Starter Build (Patch 2.7.1 / Season 24)
This build is a starter build for fresh Level 70 Barbarians who have access to the Legacy of Raekor set.
This guide is part of our Barbarian Seasonal Progress Guide, which also includes a leveling build and other early builds for fresh 70 characters.
Fresh 70 Build
|Furious Charge Merciless Assault Ancient Spear Boulder Toss 1 Battle Rage Ferocity 2 Sprint Marathon 3 Wrath of the Berserker Insanity 4 Call of the Ancients Together as One|
How to Play the Build: Skills and Rotation
The Legacy of Raekor set starting build significantly alters the foundations of the leveling and fresh 70 build, leaning heavily into the Furious Charge strengths of the set instead. Your primary damage dealer and mobility tool will shift from Whirlwind to Furious Charge. With a combination of the rune Merciless Assault and the easily obtained 2-piece set bonus, this limited use heavy hitter will be transformed into a readily available tool. In turn, the leveling-oriented Rend will be exchanged for a Fury dump skill — either Ancient Spear Boulder Toss or Seismic Slam Rumble. Once you obtain the full 6-piece bonuses of the Raekor set, these reserve-emptying nukes will provide you with the best stack spent to damage dealt ratio.
You will keep two skills from the leveling and fresh 70 build. Wrath of the Berserker remains omnipresent, along with its strongest Insanity rune. War Cry also stays in the setup, but can safely shift away from the excess Fury generation of Charge! into the protective Veteran's Warning.
With mechanics that favor mobility over crowd control, Raekor Barbarians should change the monster grouping tool Ground Stomp Wrenching Smash from the leveling setup for the general damage buff of Battle Rage. Considering one of the signature Raekor items (and priority to obtain from farming and gambling) is the movespeed-centric Standoff, you should play into its strengths by selecting the Ferocity rune for Battle Rage. Until you obtain it, you can stay with the generic usefulness of Bloodshed.
Another change that stems from the movespeed synergy of Standoff is the replacement of the generic movement skill Leap for the specialized mobility buff of Sprint, taken with its lengthiest and fastest rune — Marathon.
Finally, in the passives you can make adjustments to cater to the highly mobile, Fury-abundant Raekor playstyle by taking Pound of Flesh and Berserker Rage respectively. Consider switching between Brawler when speedfarming, and Ruthless when pushing against your gear limits.
Gear and Builds Using This Set
The build above is specifically created not to require any additional sets or legendary items. In order to transition to a late game-oriented spec using the same set, we have a rough list of high priority items to obtain, as well as a link to the build they pertain to.
- Furious Charge Build — Standoff (2h polearm); The Furnace (2h mace); Vile Ward (shoulders); Skular's Salvation and Nemesis Bracers (bracers); Focus, Restraint and Band of Might (rings).
- 23 Jul. 2021: Reviewed for Season 24.
- 02 Apr. 2021: Reviewed for Season 23.
- 13 Mar. 2020: Reviewed for Season 20.
- 22 Nov. 2019: Page added.
- Blizzard Working on an Unannounced Open-World RPG Shooter
- Wyatt Cheng on Lessons Learned During Diablo 3 Development
- Diablo 4's New Game Director is Joe Shelly
- Diablo 4 Quarterly Update: October 2021
- Global Battle.net Maintenance: October 6th
- Activision Blizzard Reaches Agreement with the EEOC
- In Celebration Of Diablo 2: Resurrected, We're Discounting Our Premium Subscription
- Overwatch 2 Executive Departs from Activision Blizzard