Barbarian Rend Build with Immortal King and Wrath of the Wastes
Welcome to our build guide for Rend Barbarian in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.4 and Season 16.General Information
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our follower guide, which contains detailed advice on choosing the skills and the gear of your companion.
This end game Barbarian build mixes the powers of Immortal King and Wrath of the Wastes sets, combining the all-around utility of the former with the Rend powers of the latter. This mobile, DoT based playstyle is available in both Greater Rift solo progression and regular Rift farming variations, explained in that order.
2. Video Guide
The following video guide was created to accompany the present written guide and demonstrate how to play the build in-game.
3. Quick Reference
The basic skill setup of the Rend Barbarian is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Furious Charge Merciless Assault Whirlwind Blood Funnel 1 Rend Bloodbath 2 War Cry Veteran's Warning 3 Wrath of the Berserker Striding Giant 4 Call of the Ancients Together as One|
|Furious Charge Merciless Assault Whirlwind Hurricane 1 Rend Bloodbath 2 Sprint Marathon 3 Wrath of the Berserker Insanity 4 Call of the Ancients Ancients' Fury|
4.1. Gear Setup
The required gear setup for the Rend Barbarian is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution. It also includes detailed explanations for Season 16 adjustments.
- Helm: Immortal King's Triumph or Helm of the Wastes
- Shoulders: Pauldrons of the Wastes (mandatory)
- Gloves: Immortal King's Irons or Gauntlet of the Wastes
- Chest: Immortal King's Eternal Reign or Cuirass of the Wastes
- Belt: Immortal King's Tribal Binding (mandatory)
- Pants: Immortal King's Stature or Tasset of the Wastes
- Boots: Immortal King's Stride or Sabaton of the Wastes
- Bracers: Strongarm Bracers
- Amulet: Hellfire Amulet of Strength
- Ring 1: Band of Might (or Focus in Season 16)
- Ring 2: Convention of Elements (or Restraint in Season 16)
- Weapon: Immortal King's Boulder Breaker (mandatory)
4.2. Legendary Gems
4.3. Kanai's Cube
- Weapon Slot: The Furnace
- Armor Slot: Lamentation
- Jewelry Slot: Ring of Royal Grandeur (or Band of Might in Season 16)
5. Role in the Current Meta
This build is ranked as a Low Tier solo pushing build for its class in the current Season. If you are looking to challenge yourself with an unorthodox, but still very viable build to complete the Season Journey with, consider using this build.
This build is oriented mostly at solo Rifting (Greater and Normal). Due to its mediocre mobility on long distances, it is not recommended for Bounties. It is also not recommended for group Greater Rifts past the point where every party member can handle the content on his own.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Added suggestions for the baseline Ring of Royal Grandeur for Seasonal characters.
- 16 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 31 Oct. 2017 (skills page): Wording updates to reflect the change in jewelry in the build.
- 31 Oct. 2017 (speed farming variant page): Changed ring options, as in the main build.
- 31 Oct. 2017 (this page): Updated jewelry recommendations to reflect 2.6.1 changes.
- 31 Oct. 2017 (gear page): Changed jewelry for Patch 2.6.1. Band of Might and Convention of Elements replace Focus and Restraint.
- 26 Jun. 2017 (this page): Guide updated for 2.6 and moved to new format.
- Activision Blizzard Q4 2018 Earnings Call & Layoffs
- Activision Blizzard Layoffs to Be Announced Soon?
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #35
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #34
- Deadset's Guide Compendium for Season 16 / Patch 2.6.4
- Four New Collectible Blizzard Books Coming This Fall
- 2.6.4 Is Now Live + Patch Notes
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode 33
- Soul Harvest Witch Doctor (Patch 2.6.4)
- Necromancer Pestilence Set Dungeon
- Zunimassa and williken's fetish army
- WoL Monk (Patch 2.6.4)
- Why no Litany of the Undaunted Builds? (patch 2.6.4)
- Thorns Crusader (Patch 2.6.4)
- Above Paragon level 397 (when you have 50 Core points), is Movement Speed on boots always sub-optimal?
- Meteor Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)