Unhallowed Essence Set
Welcome to our Unhallowed Essence guide, where we tell you all about this Demon Hunter set: what the pieces are, how to farm it, how it works, and which builds are using it.
List of the Unhallowed Essence Set Pieces and Desirable Rolls
The following is a list of all pieces of the Unhallowed Essence set, along with a sample list of desirable rolls for the respective item. This stat priority listing is meant to show you what is roughly a good roll of a set item; when trying to put together a build, always check our dedicated guide for the best-in-slot stats for the specific playstyle.
- Helm: Accursed Visage — Desirable stats: Dexterity, Socket, Crit Chance, Skill Damage
- Shoulders: Unsanctified Shoulders — Desirable stats: Dexterity, Cooldown Reduction, Area Damage, All Resistance
- Gloves: Fiendish Grips — Desirable stats: Dexterity, Crit Chance, Crit Damage, Area Damage
- Chest: Cage of the Hellborn — Desirable stats: Dexterity, Vitality, 3 Sockets, Elite Damage Reduction
- Pants: Unholy Plates — Desirable stats: Dexterity, 2 Sockets, Vitality, All Resistance
- Boots: Hell Walkers — Desirable stats: Dexterity, Skill Damage, Vitality, All Resistance
How to Farm Unhallowed Essence Pieces
Please refer to our guide on how to farm legendary and set items to increase your chances of getting Unhallowed Essence pieces.
How to Use the Unhallowed Essence Set
The Unhallowed Essence set splits its attention between generators and Multishot, and uniquely focuses on distance from the enemy and resource management. It can serve as the base for any build that focuses on resource-generating attacks as a damage dealer (which includes primary skills, of course, but also Elemental Arrow through the Kridershot interaction, or Chakram through Spines of Seething Hatred). Of course, you could simply invest in a Multishot build and get one of the best farming builds in the game, with its signature screen-wide AoE.
- 2-piece bonus
- Your generators generate 2 additional Hatred and 1 Discipline.
- 4-piece bonus
- Gain 60% damage reduction and deal 60% increased damage for 8 seconds if no enemy is within 10 yards of you.
- 6-piece bonus
- Your generators, Multishot, and Vengeance deal 350% increased damage for every point of Discipline you have.
The 2-piece set bonus is rather tame, but assists in resource management for a gluttonous spender like Multishot, and helps in keeping up the 6-piece bonus high. There's also an implied synergy with the Bastions of Will set, Focus and Restraint, which also provides an incentive to weave generator attacks in between your spender spam. The two sets frequently go together.
The 4-piece set bonus provides the staple damage reduction (plus another minor damage increase) associated with sets, with the unique requirement of keeping your distance from the enemy — playing into the 'archery' archetype of the set.
The 6-piece set bonus greatly increases the damage of your generator attacks, Multishot and Vengeance for every point of Discipline currently in your reserve, encouraging you to both expand your reserve (through Preparation Invigoration, as well as Max Discipline stats on gear and Paragons), and to use it judiciously as you play.
Builds Using the Unhallowed Essence Set
- Chakram Demon Hunter Build
- Unhallowed Essence Grenades Demon Hunter Build
- Unhallowed Essence Multishot Demon Hunter Build
- 06 Dec. 2021: Reviewed for Season 25.
- 23 Nov. 2019: Page added.
- Diablo 3 Celebrates 10 Years Today
- Diablo Immortal: Realm of Damnation Official Zone Preview
- Arclight Rumble Will Not Have Loot Boxes or NFTs
- Warcraft Arclight Rumble Minimum Specs, Possible 2022 Release, and No PC Port
- Warcraft Arclight Rumble Gameplay Videos
- Battle.net Balance Can Be Used for Purchases in Diablo Immortal
- Blizzard on Making Diablo Immortal for PC
- Diablo Immortal Launch Date and PC Open Beta