Monk Raiment Shenlong Generator Build With Crippling Wave
Welcome to our build guide for Raiment Shenlong Generator Monk in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.4 and Season 16.General Information
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our follower guide, which contains detailed advice on choosing the skills and the gear of your companion.
An engine converting Spirit generation into raw damage, the Shenlong's Spirit set absorbs the best of the Monk sets into a build that pummels the enemy with your fists alone. This control-heavy, sustain damage setup is available in two Greater Rift solo progression variations (with the Raiment set and the Inna set), and a regular Rift farming variation, explained in that order.
2. Quick Reference
2.1. Skill Setup
The basic skill setup of the Shenlong Raiment Monk is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Way of the Hundred Fists Assimilation Crippling Wave Mangle 1 Breath of Heaven Infused with Light 2 Dashing Strike Radiance 3 Mantra of Salvation Agility 4 Serenity Ascension|
|Crippling Wave Mangle Cyclone Strike Implosion 1 Breath of Heaven Infused with Light 2 Dashing Strike Radiance 3 Mantra of Salvation Agility 4 Epiphany Desert Shroud|
|Crippling Wave Mangle Dashing Strike Radiance 1 Breath of Heaven Infused with Light 2 Cyclone Strike Implosion 3 Mantra of Conviction Annihilation 4 Epiphany Desert Shroud|
3.1. Gear Setup
The required gear setup for the Shenlong Raiment Monk is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution. It also includes detailed explanations for Season 16 adjustments.
- Helm: Mask of the Searing Sky
- Shoulders: Mantle of the Upside-Down Sinners
- Gloves: Fists of Thunder (or Magefist in Season 16)
- Chest: Heart of the Crashing Wave
- Belt: String of Ears
- Pants: Scales of the Dancing Serpent
- Boots: Eight-Demon Boots
- Bracers: Spirit Guards
- Amulet: The Traveler's Pledge
- Ring 1: The Compass Rose
- Ring 2: Unity
- Weapon: Shenlong's Fist of Legend
- Offhand: Shenlong's Relentless Assault
3.2. Legendary Gems
- Legendary Gem 1: Bane of the Trapped
- Legendary Gem 2: Simplicity's Strength
- Legendary Gem 3: Bane of the Stricken
3.3. Kanai's Cube
4. Role in the Current Meta
This build is ranked as a High Tier solo pushing build for its class in the current Season. If high leaderboard position without strict adherence to the meta is attractive to you, consider using this build.
This build is oriented mostly at solo Rifting (Greater and Normal). Due to its mediocre mobility on long distances, it is not recommended for Bounties. It is also not recommended for group Greater Rifts past the point where every party member can handle the content on his own.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Added suggestions for the baseline Ring of Royal Grandeur for Seasonal characters.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 28 Oct. 2017 (this page): No changes necessary for Patch 2.6.1.
- 30 Jun. 2017 (this page): Updated for Patch 2.6 and moved to new guide format.
- Activision Blizzard Q4 2018 Earnings Call & Layoffs
- Activision Blizzard Layoffs to Be Announced Soon?
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #35
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #34
- Deadset's Guide Compendium for Season 16 / Patch 2.6.4
- Four New Collectible Blizzard Books Coming This Fall
- 2.6.4 Is Now Live + Patch Notes
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode 33
- Soul Harvest Witch Doctor (Patch 2.6.4)
- Necromancer Pestilence Set Dungeon
- Zunimassa and williken's fetish army
- WoL Monk (Patch 2.6.4)
- Why no Litany of the Undaunted Builds? (patch 2.6.4)
- Thorns Crusader (Patch 2.6.4)
- Above Paragon level 397 (when you have 50 Core points), is Movement Speed on boots always sub-optimal?
- Meteor Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)