Raiment Shenlong Generator Monk Inna Shenlong Variation
On this page, we explain everything that is specific to the Inna Shenlong variant of Raiment Shenlong Generator Monk. Updated for patch 2.6.8 and Season 20.
Inna Shenlong Progression Variant
The Inna Shenlong variation is a viable progression altering of the standard Raiment Shenlong build. Inna drops a significant amount of damage but offers much more survivability than the Raiment build, making it an ideal entry point to the Shenlong builds if you do not have patience for glass cannon specs.
|Crippling Wave Mangle Cyclone Strike Implosion 1 Breath of Heaven Infused with Light 2 Dashing Strike Radiance 3 Mantra of Salvation Agility 4 Epiphany Desert Shroud|
The vast majority of skills in this GR progression variant remain the same as its Raiment counterpart.
- You still rely on Crippling Wave Mangle to deliver your damage, due to its reliable, sweeping AoE coverage.
- Breath of Heaven will not only deliver some nice sustain to the build, but will double up as a valuable resource management tool with the rune Infused with Light.
- For GR progression, a mobility skill is pretty much mandatory; you will be taking Dashing Strike, along with the Radiance rune for some nice attack speed synergy for your generator attacks.
- Mantra of Salvation Agility will still be your baseline of defense, augmented by the powers of the Inna set, which provides you with all the base Mantras and strengthens them.
- Instead of a second generator like in the Raiment spec, you will be running the reliable damage reduction of Epiphany Desert Shroud, providing the signature tankyness and safety of this variant.
- In your passives, you will be running the generator build staples Alacrity and Seize the Initiative, coupled with the strong mitigation of Harmony and the CDR of Beacon of Ytar.
This Shenlong variant does not abandon the Raiment set completely. You will still need to use the 2-piece power of the set for the increase of Spirit generator attack speed and damage. You will do so by equipping Mantle of the Upside-Down Sinners as a non-conflicting piece with the Inna items, as well as one more piece of your choosing from the helm, chest, pants or boots slots.
Your five remaining armor slots will be taken up by Inna's Mantra — a Mystic Ally-centric set that will augment the effectiveness of your Mantras and multiply your damage based on the number of summoned Allies. Due to the scaling of damage through the number of summons, you will be locked down by The Crudest Boots in your Cube armor slot (essentially cutting your damage in half compared to a Raiment spec which can cube Depth Diggers instead). Even so, this variation is capable of GR90+ progression, and benefits from the massive survivability benefits of the quad Mantras and all Mystic Ally runes.
To help you with farming the gear you need for your builds, we have two very useful guides that you can access by clicking the links below: a Salvage Guide to help you quickly check whether or not you can safely salvage a piece of gear and a Legendary Farming Guide to help you efficiently farm legendaries and set items.
Adapting Kanai's Cube
The Flying Dragon provides one of the strongest legendary weapon procs: doubling attack speed with its separate multiplier, the best offensive bonus an IAS-reliant build like this one could hope for.
The Crudest Boots are a crucial piece for the setup, doubling your Mystic Ally summons and thus doubling the effectiveness of the Inna 6-piece set bonus, as well as several passive and active effects of the skill itself (the Air Ally Spirit regeneration, the Fire Ally damage bonuses, etc.)
In order to complete the 6-piece bonus of the Inna set, you will need to cube the Act I cache legendary Ring of Royal Grandeur.
- 12 Mar. 2020: No changes necessary for Season 20.
- 21 Nov. 2019: Revised the guide to include a lot of additional information and improved its tables. Updated for Season 19.
- 23 Aug. 2019: Reviewed for Season 18.
- Challenge Rift 144 Guides
- Blizzard Provides Staff with Care Packages During Lockdown
- Rod Ferguson's Diablo 4 Tweets, Art Director Images
- Challenge Rift 143 Guides
- Best Starter Builds for Path of Exile: Delirium
- Blizzard Implementing Work from Home Policy Due to Coronavirus
- How to Launch Diablo 3 Without the Battle.net Client
- All Class Guides for Diablo 3 Season 20, Patch 2.6.8
- LoD Hydra Wizard
- Monk Sunwuko Set Dungeon
- PoJ Tempest Rush Monk
- Holy Shotgun Crusader (Patch 2.6.4)
- Uliana Monk (Patch 2.6.4)
- LoN Blood Nova Necromancer (Patch 2.6.5)
- LoD Poison Nova Necromancer
- WoL Monk (Patch 2.6.4)