Raiment Shenlong Generator Monk Speed Farming Variation
On this page, we explain everything that is specific to the Speed Farming variant of Raiment Shenlong Generator Monk. Updated for patch 2.6.6 and Season 18.
The Shenlong Raiment Monk deals with regular Rift farming decently all the way through the highest Torments, making it a viable build for the task.
Within the limited scope of regular difficulties, the necessary damage and toughness to triumph over the enemy is significantly smaller. Thus, your best course of action is to improve utility and speed.
|Crippling Wave Mangle Dashing Strike Radiance 1 Breath of Heaven Infused with Light 2 Cyclone Strike Implosion 3 Mantra of Conviction Annihilation 4 Epiphany Desert Shroud|
In the skill selection, you will accomplish that by:
- Exchanging the second, buffing generator — Way of the Hundred Fists Assimilation — for a strong monster grouping tool in the face of Cyclone Strike Implosion.
- Replacing Serenity with Epiphany. The short invulnerability window of the former is very situational and timing sensitive to make any appreciable impact during farming. In contrast, Epiphany Desert Shroud is a much more universal protective cooldown, that has appropriate side bonuses (like Spirit regeneration, or sticking you to a target). You will achieve decent Epiphany uptime with a cubed In-geom.
- Swapping the defensive Mantra of Salvation Agility for the party-wide movement speed buff of Mantra of Conviction Annihilation.
- Choosing a movespeed-oriented Fleet Footed passive over high-end offense or defense passives like Exalted Soul or The Guardian's Path.
It is worth noting that the damage buildup mechanics of the Endless Walk set and the protection of Unity will be excessive in regular Rift farming, where you have other synergistic options available. You can go all-out on damage, taking the strongest offensive rings in the game: the Bastions of Will set, Focus and Restraint. They offer a whopping 2.25 independent damage multiplier as long as you alternate between a primary and spender attacks — which, incidentally, mirrors the exact tactic of this build. In a hyper-optimized setup (high Paragons, fully perfected and augmented gear, etc.) you might feel like you are overkilling on damage, so you can even swap into a utility ring setup of Avarice Band and a Fire damage Stone of Jordan. Regardless of your choice of rings, the farming specs are best completed by The Flavor of Time, as it doubles the duration of Pylon pickups and smoothes out speedfarming even further.
When farming The Witching Hour is still a sensible choice, but the preferable belt for Torment clears is Goldwrap. Synergizing with Boon of the Hoarder (more so if you manage to include Avarice Band), Goldwrap will render you practically invulnerable and allow you to focus on killing and looting without regards for your safety.
|Torso and Pants||
Adapting Kanai's Cube
In speedruns, fights are often over within a few hits, leaving little chance for the Flying Dragon to shine; you can either swap into The Furnace for more consistent burst, or run In-geom to improve your Epiphany uptime (our recommendation).
In your jewelry slot, use the Act III cache legendary ring Avarice Band. Its unique property extends your pickup radius up to the massive 30 yards for a generous 10 second period. Triggered, maximized and constantly refreshed from the endless stream of Boon of the Hoarder gold, the ring and the gem will keep you sped up and invulnerable from the worn Goldwrap.
- 23 Aug. 2019: Flavor of Time is now the recommended amulet.
- Barbarian and Crusader Season 19 Guides Are Live
- Incoming Era Reset with Patch 2.6.7a
- System Design in Diablo 4, Part 1 (Official)
- Diablo 2 Remaster Unlikely - Code and Assets Were Lost According to Creators
- Bazooka Wizard Nerf, 2.6.7a Balance Patch Coming Later This Week
- Diablo 2 Cinematics Upscaled to 4K and 8K
- 2.6.7A Balance Patch and Final Season 19 Notes: Lamentation Returns, Crusader Nerf and More
- List of Patch 2.6.7 Issues
- Disintegrade wizard
- Will these builds work for 2.6.7 seasons ?
- Can you play Diablo 3 offline?
- Seismic Slam Barbarian (Patch 2.6.4)
- HotA Raekor Barbarian
- Aegis of Valor Fist of the Heavens Crusader
- Whirlwind Barbarian (Patch 2.6.4)
- Build Suggestion - Holy Shotgun with Valor set