LoD Poison Scythe Necromancer Trash Killer Variation
On this page, we explain everything that is specific to the Trash Killer variant of LoD Poison Scythe Necromancer. Updated for patch 2.6.10 and Season 22.
Greater Rift Group Speedfarm
The LoD Poison Scythe Necromancer can be adapted to be a group Greater Rift Trash Killing spec, especially when coupled with an appropriate team composition of support teammates. The build deviates in some ways from the base solo progression spec, most notably in the gear and legendary gem selection.
|Grim Scythe Cursed Scythe Skeletal Mage Contamination 1 Simulacrum Blood and Bone 2 Bone Spear Blighted Marrow 3 Siphon Blood Power Shift 4 Bone Armor Dislocation|
The entirety of your skill selection for group trash clearing will remain the same as your solo progression spec. For the sake of posterity, this is a short version of the reasoning behind each skill:
- Simulacrum Blood and Bone is the crux of your damage output, strengthened by the Haunted Visions amulet. The dual summons will mimic your Cursed Scythe spam.
- Grim Scythe Cursed Scythe is your primary damage dealing skill and a utility powerhouse with its curse-spreading powers. The rune is also poisonous, and will count towards the Nayr's Black Death stacks.
- Bone Armor remains a fixture in the build, considering the poisonous stack coming from Dislocation and the stun synergy it has with Krysbin's Sentence.
- Ideally, you will run three other poisonous skills in the build. We suggest Siphon Blood Power Shift (easy to use, no cost), Bone Spear Blighted Marrow (cheap, far range to draw monster aggro with), and Skeletal Mage Contamination (excellent synergy with Razeth's Volition). You can adjust some or all of them to your preference however, with other options like Death Nova Blight, Command Skeletons Kill Command, Bone Spikes Bone Pillars, etc.
- Your passive lineup should remain Swift Harvesting for the attack speed, Stand Alone for the extra armor, and the duo of Spreading Malediction and Eternal Torment for the curse synergy with Cursed Scythe.
Season 22 Modification
Due to the 4th Kanai's Cube slot in Season 22 and the ability to include an extra damage multiplier in the form of Reilena's Shadowhook, you will focus on expanding your Essence reserve alongside the usual recommendations for this build. Skill-wise, this means changing the base recommendation for the passive Eternal Torment for Overwhelming Essence.
Since your crowd control immunity should be taken care of by your Support Barbarian teammate, you should drop Ice Climbers from your gear and equip the Illusory Boots. In turn, this will free a slot in your Kanai's Cube lineup to store Depth Diggers in, and allows you to equip Swamp Land Waders for extra damage. The Swamp Land Waders are unique for the slot with their elemental damage increase, which compensates for their class-inappropriate legendary property; note that this piece needs to be gambled on a Witch Doctor alt, as they are a class-specific item for WDs.
Since you will not be responsible for elite spawning on shrines in groups, you will replace Nemesis Bracers from the solo progression build for Ancient Parthan Defenders. Their potent damage reduction effect will be procced by the pre-nuke cast of Bone Armor Dislocation, as well as your supports — and makes you much more durable in the highly damaging environments of GR progression.
With the ample protection given to you by supports, you can easily add another damage multiplier in the build in the form of Squirt's Necklace, and offset its "increased damage taken" effect with the supports' protective buffs.
To help you with farming the gear you need for your builds, we have two very useful guides that you can access by clicking the links below: a Salvage Guide to help you quickly check whether or not you can safely salvage a piece of gear and a Legendary Farming Guide to help you efficiently farm legendaries and set items.
You will maintain Legacy of Dreams (foundational gem for the build) and Simplicity's Strength (damage multiplication for your main source of DPS) from the solo progression build. Since you will no longer be responsible for taking the Rift Guardian down, you will replace Bane of the Stricken with Bane of the Trapped for another massive source of damage multiplication.
|Torso and Pants||
For more information about gems, please refer to our guide on gems.
Adapting Kanai's Cube
You will keep Nayr's Black Death as your weapon Cube power; this is a major source of damage multiplication for the build, and your entire skill selection revolves around it.
You need to move Depth Diggers into the armor slot of the Cube, since their primary-amplifying powers are still invaluable, but the elemental damage boost of Swamp Land Waders is not part of its legendary power and thus cannot be extracted (ergo, needs to be worn).
During Season 22, you are also able to include Reilena's Shadowhook; its power scales your damage multiplicatively based on your maximum Essence. This places a strong emphasis on expanding your resource pool via Overwhelming Essence, maxing resource in Paragons and attaining a high max Essence in the secondary stats of your weapons.
The Kanai's Cube can be used for much more than simply extracting Legendary powers from items. Please refer to our Kanai's Cube guide for more information.
- 19 Nov. 2020: Added S22 Cube recommendation.
- 02 Jul. 2020: Guide added.
- A Call to Strike on Blizzard France Employees on Shadowlands Launch Day
- Which Class to Play in Diablo 3 Season 22? Solo, Group, and Speedfarm Rankings
- All Diablo 3 Season 22 Guides (Patch 2.6.10)
- Diablo 3 Season 22 Start Time
- Diablo 3 Cinematics Upscaled to 8K, 48 FPS
- Patch 2.6.10 Is Live
- Blizzard Selling Face Masks on Gear Store
- Official Preview of Season 22 in Diablo 3
- Masquerade Bone Spear Necromancer
- Mundunugu Spirit Barrage Witch Doctor
- Witch Doctor Jade Set Dungeon
- Wizard Frozen Orb Build With LoD
- PoJ Tempest Rush Monk
- Frenzy HotNS Barbarian
- Demon Hunter Embodiment of the Marauder Set Dungeon
- Monk Raiment of a Thousand Storms Set Dungeon