Thorns of the Invoker Set
Welcome to our Thorns of the Invoker guide, where we tell you all about this Crusader set: what the pieces are, how to farm it, how it works, and which builds are using it.
List of Thorns of the Invoker Set Pieces and Desirable Rolls
The following is a list of all pieces of the Thorns of the Invoker set, along with a sample list of desirable rolls for the respective item. This stat priority listing is meant to show you what is roughly a good roll of a set item; when trying to put together a build, always check our dedicated guide for the best-in-slot stats for the specific playstyle.
- Helm: Crown of the Invoker — Desirable stats: Strength, Socket, Thorns (Secondary Stat), Vitality, Life per Hit
- Shoulders: Burden of the Invoker — Desirable stats: Strength, Cooldown Reduction, Thorns (Secondary Stat), All Resistance
- Gloves: Pride of the Invoker — Desirable stats: Strength, Cooldown Reduction, Thorns (Secondary Stat), Attack Speed
- Pants: Renewal of the Invoker — Desirable stats: Strength, 2 Sockets, Thorns (Secondary Stat), Vitality, All Resistance
- Boots: Zeal of the Invoker — Desirable stats: Strength, Thorns (Secondary Stat), Vitality, All Resistance
- Bracers: Shackles of the Invoker — Desirable stats: Strength, Physical Damage %, Thorns (Secondary Stat), Life per Hit
How to Farm Thorns of the Invoker Pieces
Please refer to our guide on how to farm legendary and set items to increase your chances of getting Thorns of the Invoker pieces.
How to Use the Thorns of the Invoker Set
Thorns of the Invoker offers a dedicated damage reflection setup, mostly focused on the application of the Thorns stat via quick, successive attacks in an unyielding onslaught. In order to use it effectively, you will have to spread the Thorns secondary stat across as many gear pieces as you can; thankfully, the set itself and some synergistic items for the setup inherently roll with Thorns. A helpful aspect of Thorns is that it cannot crit and does not rely on weapon damage stat, allowing you to stack Toughness, Attack Speed and Cooldown Reduction, resulting in an incredibly durable playstyle.
- 2-piece bonus
- Your Thorns damage now hits all enemies in a 15 yard radius around you. Each time you hit an enemy with Punish, Slash, or block an attack your Thorns is increased by 350% for 2 seconds.
- 4-piece bonus
- You take 50% less damage for 20 seconds after damaging an enemy with Bombardment.
- 6-piece bonus
- The attack speed of Punish and Slash are increased by 50% and deal 15,000% of your Thorns damage to the first enemy hit.
The 2-piece bonus of the Thorns of the Invoker set adds an AoE aspect to the largely single target-oriented nature of Thorns damage, and nudges you both toward generator attacks ( Punish specifically is highly synergistic due to the rune Celerity) and increasing attack speed to make use of the stacking bonus.
The 4-piece bonus of the Thorns of the Invoker set is a straightforward damage reduction mechanic, and while the 20-second duration of the post- Bombardment buff is not unmanageable without it, the bonus heavily implies the use of Belt of the Trove.
The 6-piece bonus of the Thorns of the Invoker set provides a humongous bonus to Thorns damage to the first target hit, emphasizing the "elite hunting" nature of the build and forcing you to prioritize targets.
Builds Using the Thorns of the Invoker Set
- 10 Dec. 2021: Reviewed for Season 25.
- 20 Nov. 2019: Page added.
- Seasonal Legendaries and Uniques Will Come to Eternal Realms At the Same Time
- 40 Important Diablo 4 Glossary Terms Explained Quickly (Video)
- Official Diablo 4 Hardcore Level 100 Contest Updated to Exclude Those With Preview Codes
- Diablo 4 Launch Live Action Trailer
- Diablo 4 Launch Guide - Everything You Need to Know
- BlizzCon 2023 in Coming on Nov 3-4
- World Boss Ashava Spawn Times on the Diablo 4 Server Slam
- Diablo 4 World Boss Ashava Solo Hardcore Kill at Level 20