LoD Condemn Crusader BiS Gear, Gems, and Paragon Points
Below, we detail the items and gems that you should use for your LoD Condemn Crusader in Diablo 3 and why. We also list your paragon points and Kanai's Cube items. Updated for patch 2.6.6 and Season 18.
Best in Slot Gear and Alternatives
Since the build is based on the Legacy of Dreams power, you have some flexibility in the items you choose to slot across your gear, provided they are ideally of Ancient quality, have the appropriate stats, and do not form any other set bonuses (meaning you can temporarily run individual set pieces, if necessary). Stat-wise, focus on pieces that have Condemn skill damage increase, as well as Cooldown Reduction, Area Damage and even Resource Cost Reduction, if at all possible.
The Legacy of Dreams power allows you to run any legendary item combination while not losing out on the damage amplification and reduction associated with the traditional 6-piece sets. You can obtain this power in two ways; the older way is equipping the two rings — The Wailing Host and Litany of the Undaunted — as your only active set bonus. The newer (and more powerful, since it also opens your ring slots for legendary jewelry) method is the Legacy of Dreams legendary gem.
In a setup with Legacy of Dreams, you will be wearing your two best rolled rings and cubing the third between Convention of Elements, Unity, and Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac. It is generally recommended to wear the Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac, since it rolls innately with RCR, CDR and Crit Chance bonuses; the ring itself is crucial to the build, due to its cooldown reducing mechanics, which tirelessly chip away at your Akarat's Champion downtime. Convention of Elements simply provides a massive damage increase during the Fire cycle of its rotation.
The recommended amulet is The Flavor of Time, whose revised legendary power now doubles the duration of Pylons — an extremely potent power that, with careful timing, can turn the progressively harder fights in Greater Rifts greatly in your favor. The former recommendation for the slot, Hellfire Amulet of Strength, remains a viable option, especially if you obtain one of the basic recommendations from the skill page: Heavenly Strength, Long Arm of the Law, Finery, Holy Cause or Indestructible.
Most of your armor slots can be roughly split into three categories: Fire elemental damage items, Protective items, and Utility items.
- Cindercoat, Magefist, and Swamp Land Waders are able to bring up to 20% Fire elemental damage each, greatly amplifying your main damage dealer. While Magefist is a straightforward elemental DPS item, Cindercoat also brings Resource Cost Reduction value to the build, which is invaluable for your 40-Wrath-per- Condemn spam. Swamp Land Waders provide an elemental damage increase, which is unique for the slot — but you should note that they need to be gambled on a Witch Doctor alt, as they are a class-specific item for WDs.
- Your helm slot is best taken by a Leoric's Crown — this helm doubles the effectiveness of its slotted gem, becoming the single most powerful source of cooldown reduction offered by a legendary item — 25% with a Flawless Royal Diamond. The ideal belt for the build is the String of Ears, as its massive, unconditional melee damage reduction bonus will provide the greatest overall protection. Lastly, Pauldrons of the Skeleton King bring a chance for an extra cheat death proc to the build, which is adequate for a slot with no particularly synergistic legendaries.
- Illusory Boots greatly assist with repositioning as they remove enemy collision, which is crucial since you rely on getting into the thick of the fight and then weaving out when necessary, and you have no other mobility options available. Rounding out the utility category, Nemesis Bracers will spawn you an extra elite at every pylon pickup, speeding up GR progression and reducing reliance on density RNG.
You have two viable options for the weapon slot; the dedicated Condemn sword Blade of Prophecy and elite demolisher The Furnace. The rule of thumb is that you will be wearing your better roll between the two items, and cubing the other. Ideally though, you will be wielding The Furnace, due to its higher damage range and the fact that Condemn is unaffected by Attack Speed. Blade of Prophecy is also a mandatory weapon for the playstyle, a two handed sword tailored for a build based around Condemn. Its lifelong power (two additional Condemn triggers when at least two targets are present in the initial Condemn radius) has been bolstered by a substantial skill damage boost of up to 800%.
Frydehr's Wrath is the former Season 1 exclusive shield that turns the otherwise Cooldown-based nature of Condemn into a spender — an extremely potent effect, as proven by the Fires of Heaven rune from the Holy Shotgun build. Crit Chance and Cooldown Reduction rolls on this Crusader shield are mandatory for an endgame setup, and the shield has been strengthened in 2.6.1 with up to 800% Condemn damage affix as well.
Bane of the Trapped is a potent source of additional damage, as it is its own multiplier in your total damage calculation. The gem procs itself with its level 25 property, and is otherwise triggered by the Too Scared to Run debuff, making it an inseparable part of this melee setup.
Bane of the Stricken firmly occupies one of your jewelry sockets during GR progression. Building up your damage multiplicatively in prolonged fights and with a level 25 bonus specifically targeting Rift Guardians, this gem is designed to assist AoE heavy builds in their struggle against single target, high HP enemies. Condemn is one of the oldest examples of such a build, making the gem mandatory.
Your final slot is best occupied by the Legacy of Dreams legendary gem, which provides a scaling bonus for each legendary item equipped, as long as you have no set bonuses equipped. This bonus is multiplied for Ancient or Primal quality items, and when the gem is maxed out, it matches the Legacy of Nightmares ( The Wailing Host and Litany of the Undaunted rings) set bonus. This potent bonus allows you to play around with all your gear slots for synergistic legendary powers at the cost of a gem slot; in the older LoN setup, this socket would be occupied by Esoteric Alteration.
|Torso and Pants|
Hexing Pants of Mr. Yan are an important part of your setup, as they not only bring a sizable additive damage boost, but also greatly improve your resource generation, which is a strenuous part of this build. Note their requirement for constant movement, and strive to always be on the move to avoid the potential penalties from stationary fighting.
In the jewelry Cube slot, you will do well to store the damage reduction bonuses of Unity. The power of this ring will reduce incoming damage in half when paired with a Unity worn by the follower, plus an immortality relic for him (i.e. Enchanting Favor).
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our Follower Guide, which contains detailed advice for choosing the skills and the gear of your follower.
- 22 Aug. 2019: Gear recommendations revised for Season 18.
- 15 May 2019: Guide added.
- PTR Patch 2.6.7 Notes - Season of Eternal Conflict (S19)
- Challenge Rift 120 Guides
- Gamespot Interview with J. Allen Brack
- Legacy of Dreams Gem Drop Chance Increased in Season 19
- Challenge Rift 119 Guides
- Diablo 3 Classified as a Blizzard Classic Game
- Challenge Rift 117 Guides
- Challenge Rift 116 Guides
- Necromancer lazy Pestilence possible?
- Boss Mode Conquest
- RoRG Not Dropping
- Fever Clan recruiting for Season
- Necromancer Leveling and Fresh 70
- Archon Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)
- Vyr's archon build (top tier) hopefuly a possible upgrade ?
- Staff of Herding / Whimsyshire