Blessed Hammer Crusader Speed Farming Variation
On this page, we explain everything that is specific to the Speed Farming variant of Blessed Hammer Crusader. Updated for patch 2.6.9 and Season 21.
The Blessed Hammer Crusader deals with regular Rift farming decently all the way through the highest Torments, making it a viable build for the task. Note that the deliberate pace of the build (due to the necessary inclusion of Falling Sword), makes it a slightly
Within the limited scope of regular difficulties, the necessary damage and toughness to triumph over the enemy is significantly smaller. Thus, your best course of action is to improve utility and speed.
|Blessed Hammer Dominion Falling Sword Part the Clouds 1 Laws of Hope Wings of Angels 2 Iron Skin Flash 3 Provoke Too Scared to Run 4 Akarat's Champion Prophet|
When you are speed farming regular rifts, parts of your playstyle will adapt to the lowered challenge and focus more on speed and utility.
Throughout the farming run, the Hammerdin should keep up the Blessed Hammers rotating around him, transporting himself between packs with a combination of Laws of Hope Wings of Angels and Falling Sword. Akarat's Champion and Iron Skin should still be applied on cooldown, and Provoke will remain part of the rotation as an emergency Wrath restoration pop.
Parts of the skill and passive selection will overlap with the base Greater Rift progression build, but others will have to change according to the task at hand. Ability to cross over great distances faster and more efficiently take precedence.
- If you transition Blessed Hammer into regular rifts, it is advisable to swap Limitless away for Dominion — the orbiting hammers are very convenient in clearing trash as you move between elite packs.
- In speed farming, the damage you need for an individual enemy pack will be significantly less, allowing you to shift away from Laws of Valor Critical and focus on speed and utility with Laws of Hope Wings of Angels.
- In regular rifts, where Sacred Harness can be replaced by Goldwrap, you will need to take Falling Sword with the rune Part the Clouds — the 2-second stun will proc Hammer Jammers instead of Sacred Harness.
- The remainder of your skill lineup — Provoke Too Scared to Run (Wrath restoration tool), Iron Skin Flash (auxiliary movement skill and protective value) and Akarat's Champion Prophet (your strongest self-buff) will remain unchanged between specs.
- Fervor and Finery will remain part of your passive lineup. You an also bring slightly more damage to the table with Blunt; the loss of Holy Cause's healing should not be impactful in farming content.
- If you do not feel threatened by the difficulty, you should replace Indestructible with Long Arm of the Law. This change will ensure you have permanent uptime of the Laws of Hope Wings of Angels movement buffs.
The vast majority of the Hammerdin-specific items will remain unchanged during speed farming. You will still be taking advantage of the full set bonus of Seeker of the Light set, incorporating all 6 available pieces according to your best rolls. The trio of Johanna's Argument, Guard of Johanna and Gabriel's Vambraces are too valuable to pass up in this build, so they also remain locked in place.
It is worth noting that in the limited challenges of regular rifts, both the Endless Walk set and Convention of Elements greatly diminish in usefulness. A better jewelry split is a Holy damage Stone of Jordan (for the permanent damage increase), and Avarice Band (for the synergy with Goldwrap and Boon of the Hoarder), as well as The Flavor of Time for the extra Pylon duration during farming.
To help you with farming the gear you need for your builds, we have two very useful guides that you can access by clicking the links below: a Salvage Guide to help you quickly check whether or not you can safely salvage a piece of gear and a Legendary Farming Guide to help you efficiently farm legendaries and set items.
Bane of the Trapped remains a universally desired damage amplification gem.
During speed farming, Gogok of Swiftness will be a protective overkill and should be replaced by Boon of the Hoarder. The latter is a high utility gem that feeds you practically infinite gold, gives you a massive short-term speed boost while picking it up, and synergizes excellently with the worn Avarice Band for a sizable speed boost, and the cubed Goldwrap for near-invulnerability.
Since monster health is much more tame in the standard difficulties, you should also replace Bane of the Stricken with Bane of the Powerful for the consistent, easily sustained damage increase. If you overpower content so much that even Bane of the Powerful is unnecessary, you can consider using Wreath of Lightning for the extra speed.
|Torso and Pants||
For more information about gems, please refer to our guide on gems.
Adapting Kanai's Cube
The Kanai's Cube selection is largely locked down due to important passive bonuses for the Hammerdin build. Both Faithful Memory in the weapon slot and Hammer Jammers are hard to replace due to DPS value, and Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac is one of your few sources of steady Akarat's Champion resets.
The Kanai's Cube can be used for much more than simply extracting Legendary powers from items. Please refer to our Kanai's Cube guide for more information.
- 30 Jun. 2020: No changes required for Season 21.
- 12 Mar. 2020: No changes necessary for Season 20.
- 19 Nov. 2019: Guide revised and updated for Season 19.
- 22 Aug. 2019: Reviewed for Season 18.
- Possible Diablo 3 Season 22 Delay and Diablo 4 Q3 Update
- Diablo Lilith Statue Arrives to Buyers Ahead of October 16
- Remastered Diablo Intro Cinematic
- 10,000+ Stacks of the Seasonal Buff, With No End in Sight! Wudijo Goes Crazy Stackin'
- Double Bounties Buff Only Available to Seasonal Characters
- S21 Rank 1 4-man GR 150 Runs for US, EU and Asia: Sub-4 Minute Achieved!
- The Pacifist Run: Player Finishes Diablo 3 Story Without Doing Anything (No Attacking, Abilities or Followers)
- Diablo PC Review from 1997
- Masquerade Bone Spear Necromancer
- Mundunugu Spirit Barrage Witch Doctor
- What is the best class for doing lots of GR (greater rifts)
- PoJ Tempest Rush Monk
- Holy Shotgun Crusader (Patch 2.6.4)
- Monk Inna's Mantra Set Dungeon
- Archon Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)
- Impale Demon Hunter (Patch 2.6.4)