Vyr Archon Wizard Speed Farming Variation
On this page, we explain everything that is specific to the Speed Farming variant of Vyr Archon Wizard. Updated for patch 2.6.6 and Season 18.
The Vyr Archon Wizard can deal reasonably well with Rift speed farming of various types.
Within the limited scope of regular difficulties, the necessary damage and toughness to triumph over the enemy is significantly smaller. Thus, your best course of action is to improve utility and speed.
|Arcane Torrent Static Discharge Explosive Blast Flash 1 Archon Slow Time 2 Magic Weapon Deflection 3 Slow Time Time Warp 4 Black Hole Absolute Zero|
In the skill selection, you will accomplish that by:
- Swapping the Teleport to Slow Time Time Warp for extra damage.
- Swapping the excessive protection of Storm Armor for the extra Zodiac ring procs and Chantodo stacks from an easily spammable skill like Explosive Blast Flash.
- Exchanging a static fighting passive like Unwavering Will for the straightforward additive damage increase of Cold Blooded.
To accommodate the lightning-fast nature of speedfarming, you will be including The Flavor of Time as either your worn amulet, or in your jewelry Cube slot; its legendary power will double the duration of your Pylon pickups, snowballing the Archon devastation through the rifts. Note that this slot is interchangeable with the standard recommendation for this slot, Squirt's Necklace.
In lower difficulty content, the scaling damage increase of Bane of the Stricken will be too slow to build up; you will do well to replace it with the lower, but more stable damage bonus of Bane of the Powerful.
|Torso and Pants||
Adapting Kanai's Cube
If you are doing low enough content, at a certain point fights will be over too quickly for The Furnace to matter. Once that occurs, make a swap to In-geom, which reduces 10 seconds flat off the cooldown of all of your skills after you burst an elite. This will allow you to chain Archon with very minimal downtime.
- 23 Aug. 2019: Item recommendations are revised for Season 18.
- 17 May 2019: Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 17.
- 26 Nov. 2017: Text revisions to reflect the changes to the main build.
- 27 Oct. 2017: Revised the speedrun variant to reflect its Patch 2.6.1 buffs.
- PTR Patch 2.6.7 Notes - Season of Eternal Conflict (S19)
- Challenge Rift 120 Guides
- Gamespot Interview with J. Allen Brack
- Legacy of Dreams Gem Drop Chance Increased in Season 19
- Challenge Rift 119 Guides
- Diablo 3 Classified as a Blizzard Classic Game
- Challenge Rift 117 Guides
- Challenge Rift 116 Guides
- Necromancer lazy Pestilence possible?
- Boss Mode Conquest
- RoRG Not Dropping
- Fever Clan recruiting for Season
- Necromancer Leveling and Fresh 70
- Archon Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)
- Vyr's archon build (top tier) hopefuly a possible upgrade ?
- Staff of Herding / Whimsyshire