Witch Doctor Helltooth Grasp of the Dead Build
Welcome to our build guide for Helltooth Grasp Witch Doctor in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.5 and Season 17.
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our follower guide, which contains detailed advice on choosing the skills and the gear of your companion.
Utilizing one of the least popular Witch Doctor spenders, Grasp of the Dead, this build leans into the hex-heavy fantasy of the class, leaving enemies near-helpless while a rain of corpses demolishes their ranks. This sustain damage, control-heavy spec is better suited to Greater Rifts, where damage over time spells can show their potential.
2. Quick Reference
2.1. Skill Setup
The basic skill setup of the Helltooth Grasp of the Dead Witch Doctor is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Grasp of the Dead Unbreakable Grasp Wall of Death Communing with Spirits 1 Soul Harvest Languish 2 Spirit Walk Severance 3 Piranhas Piranhado 4 Hex Jinx|
3.1. Gear Setup
The required gear setup for the Helltooth Grasp of the Dead Witch Doctor is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution.
- Helm: Helltooth Mask
- Shoulders: Helltooth Mantle
- Gloves: Helltooth Gauntlets
- Chest: Helltooth Tunic
- Belt: The Witching Hour
- Pants: Helltooth Leg Guards
- Boots: Helltooth Greaves
- Bracers: Lakumba's Ornament
- Amulet: The Traveler's Pledge
- Ring 1: The Compass Rose
- Ring 2: Convention of Elements
- Weapon: Deadly Rebirth
- Offhand: Wilken's Reach
3.2. Legendary Gems
- Legendary Gem 1: Bane of the Trapped
- Legendary Gem 2: Pain Enhancer
- Legendary Gem 3: Bane of the Stricken
3.3. Kanai's Cube
- 17 May 2019 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 17 May 2019 (skills page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 17 May 2019 (gear page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Added suggestions for the baseline Ring of Royal Grandeur for Seasonal characters.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 15 Jun. 2018 (this page): Added the guide.
- 15 Jun. 2018 (gear page): Added the guide.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (skills page): Added the guide.
- UE Multishot Demon Hunter (Patch 2.6.4)
- Necromancer Corpse Lance LON
- Farming/Crafting/Upgrading Gems
- Patch buffed gear question.
- LoN LTK Monk
- Wizard question
- Follower Guide
- Tempest Rush Monk (Patch 2.6.4)