Unhallowed Essence Multishot Demon Hunter Speed Farming Variation
On this page, we explain everything that is specific to the Speed Farming variant of Unhallowed Essence Multishot Demon Hunter. Updated for patch 2.6.8 and Season 20.
The Unhallowed Essence Multishot Demon Hunter deals with regular Rift farming decently all the way through the highest Torments, making it a viable build for the task. We have speed farming rankings if you want to know more about which builds are best for speed farming.
Within the limited scope of regular difficulties, the necessary damage and toughness to triumph over the enemy is significantly smaller. Thus, your best course of action is to improve utility and speed.
|Evasive Fire Focus Multishot Wind Chill 1 Preparation Invigoration 2 Vengeance Seethe 3 Vault Tumble 4 Companion Wolf Companion|
When you are speed farming regular rifts, parts of your playstyle will adapt to the lowered challenge and focus more on speed and utility.
The major dynamic of the build remains unchanged; build up Hatred through Evasive Fire shots and Vengeance Seethe regeneration, and dump it onto the enemies through a devastating cannonade of Multishot. You will be allowed much greater freedom of movement due to the interaction between Vault and Tactical Advantage, and you will fuel your mobility via your Avarice Band-augmented pickup radius and its interaction with Blood Vengeance. Use Wolf Companion liberally to bolster your damage.
Parts of the skill and passive selection will overlap with the base Greater Rift progression build, but others will have to change according to the task at hand. Ability to cross over great distances faster and more efficiently take precedence.
- Note that in speed farming, you can optimize Multishot by switching into Wind Chill. This cold rune applies a chilling effect prior to dealing damage, proccing Bane of the Trapped and Cull the Weak without the need of spending a passive slot on Thrill of the Hunt. In turn, this allows you better speedrun passives, discussed in the passives section. Wind Chill's party-wide Crit Chance increase only sweetens the deal.
- Vault is still a necessary addition, perhaps even more so during speed farming. Your best rune option to cross great distances is the cheap Tumble.
- Vengeance Seethe is an omnipresent self-buff in all versions of the build.
- In the regular difficulties, the utility of Thrill of the Hunt is trumped by the chilling effect of Multishot Wind Chill, freeing up the slot for Blood Vengeance. Blood Vengeance will not only expand your Hatred pool, but also enables a Reaper's Wraps-like effect that replenishes both Hatred and Discipline when picking up health globes. This passive will benefit immensely from the cubed Avarice Band and result in stable resources despite the heavy spending in speedruns.
- Finally, Ballistics is useless when farming with the rocket-less Wind Chill rune, so switch this slot into the Tactical Advantage movement speed buff, which cuts down time spent searching for fights.
You will still be taking advantage of the full 6-piece set bonuses of Unhallowed Essence, incorporating the same split as you would in progression — but instead of the Cpt. Crimson set,you will be including the Sage's Journey set for Death's Breath farming. Take Sage's Ribbon and Sage's Passage, and then complete both the UE and Sage set bonuses with a Ring of Royal Grandeur in the Cube.
When speedfarming, it is recommended to switch away from the progression-oriented Wraps of Clarity, as their protection is overkill and the slot is best taken by a utility legendary. Either wearing Nemesis Bracers and cubing Warzechian Armguards or vice versa will speed up your clears with more frequent elites and environment destruction speed boosts.
As noted above, your jewelry during farming can be the Bastions of Will set ( Focus and Restraint); however, once you perfect your character and no longer want for burst, you should use utility-focused jewelry instead. A combination of Avarice Band and a Cold damage Stone of Jordan is a nice alteration. The union of Avarice Band with Boon of the Hoarder will greatly improve your speed, as well as feed into your gold reserve for the costly GR empowerments. The Cold SoJ will simply be a consistent, care-free damage increase as you farm.
To help you with farming the gear you need for your builds, we have two very useful guides that you can access by clicking the links below: a Salvage Guide to help you quickly check whether or not you can safely salvage a piece of gear and a Legendary Farming Guide to help you efficiently farm legendaries and set items.
In normal rifts, the third gem slot should be taken by Boon of the Hoarder. This high utility gem feeds you practically infinite gold and gives you a massive short-term speed boost while picking it up, automated by a worn Avarice Band. It will also render you practically invulnerable through a worn Goldwrap.
|Torso and Pants|
Adapting Kanai's Cube
Our default recommendation for the armor Cube slot is Goldwrap, since its synergy with Boon of the Hoarder and Avarice Band will render you practically invincible during regular Rifts. If you are comfortable with your base survivability and want for more speed (especially useful in bounties), you can use Warzechian Armguards in this slot — Multishot is great at incidental environmental destruction for the movespeed procs.
Lastly, in order to maintain the valuable 6-piece bonus of Unhallowed Essence and 3-piece bonus of the Sage set, you will need to cube a Ring of Royal Grandeur in the jewelry slot.
- 12 Mar. 2020: No changes necessary for Season 20.
- 21 Nov. 2019: Overhauled the page for Season 19.
- 23 Aug. 2019: Squirt's Necklace is now the recommended amulet.
- Challenge Rift 144 Guides
- Blizzard Provides Staff with Care Packages During Lockdown
- Rod Ferguson's Diablo 4 Tweets, Art Director Images
- Challenge Rift 143 Guides
- Best Starter Builds for Path of Exile: Delirium
- Blizzard Implementing Work from Home Policy Due to Coronavirus
- How to Launch Diablo 3 Without the Battle.net Client
- All Class Guides for Diablo 3 Season 20, Patch 2.6.8
- LoD Hydra Wizard
- Monk Sunwuko Set Dungeon
- PoJ Tempest Rush Monk
- Holy Shotgun Crusader (Patch 2.6.4)
- Uliana Monk (Patch 2.6.4)
- LoN Blood Nova Necromancer (Patch 2.6.5)
- LoD Poison Nova Necromancer
- WoL Monk (Patch 2.6.4)