Wizard Firebird Archon Build
Welcome to our build guide for Firebird Wizard in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.4 and Season 16.General Information
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our follower guide, which contains detailed advice on choosing the skills and the gear of your companion.
The most reworked set in Diablo history, the Firebird's Finery set nevertheless retains many of its characteristics: damage building up over time, immolating entire screens of enemies, and the constant pursuit of a larger fire. This guide merges Firebird with the powers of Archon into a bursty playstyle that is available in both Greater Rift solo progression and regular Rift farming variations, explained in that order.
2. Quick Reference
2.1. Skill Setup
The basic skill setup of the Firebird Archon Wizard is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Spectral Blade Flame Blades Archon Combustion 1 Frost Nova Bone Chill 2 Magic Weapon Force Weapon 3 Teleport Safe Passage 4 Ice Armor Crystallize|
|Spectral Blade Flame Blades Archon Combustion 1 Familiar Sparkflint 2 Magic Weapon Force Weapon 3 Teleport Wormhole 4 Storm Armor Scramble|
3.1. Gear Setup
The required gear setup for the Firebird Archon Wizard is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution. It also includes detailed explanations for Season 16 adjustments.
- Helm: Firebird's Plume (or The Swami in Season 16)
- Shoulders: Firebird's Pinions
- Gloves: Firebird's Talons
- Chest: Firebird's Breast
- Belt: Fazula's Improbable Chain
- Pants: Firebird's Down
- Boots: Firebird's Tarsi
- Bracers: Ancient Parthan Defenders
- Amulet: The Traveler's Pledge
- Ring 1: The Compass Rose
- Ring 2: Halo of Arlyse
- Weapon: Chantodo's Will
- Offhand: Chantodo's Force
3.2. Legendary Gems
- Legendary Gem 1: Bane of the Trapped
- Legendary Gem 2: Bane of the Powerful
- Legendary Gem 3: Bane of the Stricken
3.3. Kanai's Cube
4. Role in the Current Meta
This build is ranked as a High Tier solo pushing build for its class in the current Season. If high leaderboard position without strict adherence to the meta is attractive to you, consider using this build.
This build is oriented mostly at solo Rifting (Greater and Normal). Due to its mediocre mobility on long distances, it is not recommended for Bounties. It is also not recommended for group Greater Rifts past the point where every party member can handle the content on his own.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Added suggestions for the baseline Ring of Royal Grandeur for Seasonal characters.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 27 Oct. 2017 (this page): No changes necessary in Patch 2.6.1.
- 27 Jun. 2017 (this page): Guide updted for 2.6 and moved to new format.
- Activision Blizzard Q4 2018 Earnings Call & Layoffs
- Activision Blizzard Layoffs to Be Announced Soon?
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #35
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #34
- Deadset's Guide Compendium for Season 16 / Patch 2.6.4
- Four New Collectible Blizzard Books Coming This Fall
- 2.6.4 Is Now Live + Patch Notes
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode 33
- Soul Harvest Witch Doctor (Patch 2.6.4)
- Necromancer Pestilence Set Dungeon
- Zunimassa and williken's fetish army
- WoL Monk (Patch 2.6.4)
- Why no Litany of the Undaunted Builds? (patch 2.6.4)
- Thorns Crusader (Patch 2.6.4)
- Above Paragon level 397 (when you have 50 Core points), is Movement Speed on boots always sub-optimal?
- Meteor Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)