Wizard Vyr Archon Build
Welcome to our build guide for Vyr Archon Wizard in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.4 and Season 16.
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our follower guide, which contains detailed advice on choosing the skills and the gear of your companion.
The vanilla classic Archon Wizard playstyle is brought back to viability with the dedicated Vyr’s Amazing Arcana set. This high burst playstyle is available in both Greater Rift solo progression and regular Rift farming variations, explained in that order.
2. Quick Reference
2.1. Skill Setup
The basic skill setup of the Vyr Archon Wizard is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Arcane Torrent Static Discharge Teleport Safe Passage 1 Archon No rune chosen 2 Explosive Blast Chain Reaction 3 Storm Armor Power of the Storm 4 Magic Weapon Conduit|
|Arcane Torrent Static Discharge Teleport Wormhole 1 Archon No rune chosen 2 Magic Weapon Force Weapon 3 Storm Armor Power of the Storm 4 Familiar Sparkflint|
3.1. Gear Setup
The required gear setup for the Vyr Archon Wizard is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution. It also includes detailed explanations for Season 16 adjustments.
- Helm: Vyr's Sightless Skull (or The Swami in Season 16)
- Shoulders: Vyr's Proud Pauldrons
- Chest: Vyr's Astonishing Aura
- Bracers: Krelm's Buff Bracers
- Gloves: Vyr's Grasping Gauntlets
- Belt: Fazula's Improbable Chain
- Pants: Vyr's Fantastic Finery
- Boots: Vyr's Swaggering Stance
- Amulet: The Traveler's Pledge
- Ring 1: The Compass Rose
- Ring 2: Halo of Karini
- Weapon: Pig Sticker
- Offhand: Orb of Infinite Depth
3.2. Legendary Gems
3.3. Kanai's Cube
- Weapon Slot: Deathwish
- Armor Slot: The Swami (or Aquila Cuirass in Season 16)
- Jewelry Slot: Manald Heal
4. Role in the Current Meta
This build is ranked as a High Tier solo pushing build for its class in the current Season. If high leaderboard position without strict adherence to the meta is attractive to you, consider using this build.
This build is oriented mostly at solo Rifting (Greater and Normal). Due to its mediocre mobility on long distances, it is not recommended for Bounties. It is also not recommended for group Greater Rifts past the point where every party member can handle the content on his own.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Added suggestions for the baseline Ring of Royal Grandeur for Seasonal characters.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 26 Nov. 2017 (speed farming variant page): Text revisions to reflect the changes to the main build.
- 26 Nov. 2017 (gear page): Significant revision to itemization.
- 26 Nov. 2017 (this page): Significant revision to the itemization and skill selection.
- 26 Nov. 2017 (skills page): Significant revision to skill selection.
- 27 Oct. 2017 (this page): Revised the guide to reflect its Patch 2.6.1 buffs.
- 27 Oct. 2017 (speed farming variant page): Revised the speedrun variant to reflect its Patch 2.6.1 buffs.
- 27 Oct. 2017 (gear page): Revised gear to reflect its Patch 2.6.1 buffs.
- 27 Oct. 2017 (skills page): Revised skills to reflect its Patch 2.6.1 buffs.
- 27 Jun. 2017 (this page): Updated guide for 2.6 and moved it to new format.
- LoN Singularity Necromancer (Patch 2.6.4)
- Leapquake Barbarian (Patch 2.6.4)
- Whirlwind Barbarian (Patch 2.6.4)
- Sweep Attack Crusader (Patch 2.6.4)
- Archon Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)
- s17 LoN builds
- Salvage Guide
- Trag'Oul Nec Builds