Demon Hunter Natalya's Vengeance Fresh 70 Starter Build (Patch 2.6.8 / Season 20)
This build is a starter build for fresh Level 70 Demon Hunters who have access to the Natalya's Vengeance set.
This guide is part of our Demon Hunter Seasonal Progress Guide, which also includes a leveling build and other early builds for fresh 70 characters.
Fresh 70 Build
|Rain of Vengeance Shade Strafe Drifting Shadow 1 Entangling Shot Justice is Served 2 Companion Bat Companion 3 Smoke Screen Displacement 4 Vengeance Seethe|
How to Play the Build: Skills and Rotation
You will be channeling Strafe as close to permanently as you can, maintaining Hatred with regular punctuating shots of Entangling Shot and activations of Bat Companion and Vengeance Seethe. Through the Natalya 2 piece bonus, the spender and generator will quickly reset the cooldown of your primary damage dealer — Rain of Vengeance. Pop Smoke Screen when expecting bursts of damage coming your way.
- Slot 1 — Damage: Rain of Vengeance is the centerpiece of the Natalya set build, with its significant cooldown practically nullified as early as the 2-piece set bonus. Note that it will also trigger the Crashing Rain belt, a vital item for the build whose burst is a significant chunk of your damage. This makes Crashing Rain an immediate priority after acquiring the set.
- Slot 2 — Generator: While you can technically run any 7 Hatred generator in this slot, Entangling Shot offers you an easy proc for Cull the Weak and (later on) Bane of the Trapped. You cannot pass these damage multiplication sources lightly, and this generator is the smallest investment you can make towards triggering them.
- Slot 3 & 4 — Mobility: Strafe will serve a twofold purpose: first, it is the most reliable source of Rain of Vengeance resets from the Natalya set; and second, it offers Whirlwind-like mobility by allowing you to freely pass through enemies and ignore collision. Due to the fact that Vault interrupts the channeling of Strafe and slows down your resets, you will do better to shift to the short burst of speed and invulnerability of Smoke Screen Displacement. While more costly, this skill does not interrupt Strafe and can serve to nullify some predictable burst — useful in a mid-to-close range build.
- Slot 5 — Utility: You will keep Companion like a swiss knife at your side, but you will adjust its utility according to your preferences; it is likely you will struggle with Hatred in an early Strafe spec, so you can safely fall to the Bat Companion crutch until you acquire key legendaries to stabilize resources with.
- Slot 6 — Supplementary damage: Vengeance adds its own multiplicative damage buff to the build, but it can also be adjusted to either stabilize your resources (using the Hatred powerhouse Seethe), or build up your Toughness (through the Dark Heart damage reduction). Making this skill permanent by wearing a Dawn will be one of your gearing priorities.
- Passives: For early game Natalya progression, it is advisable to keep most of the leveling setup ( Steady Aim, Blood Vengeance and Tactical Advantage), but abandon Custom Engineering along with its sentries for the multiplicative damage increase of Cull the Weak.
Gear and Builds Using This Set
The build above is specifically created not to require any additional sets or legendary items. In order to transition to a late game-oriented spec using the same set, we have a rough list of high priority items to obtain, as well as a link to the build they pertain to.
- Rain of Vengeance Build — Hellcat Waistguard (belt); Dawn (1h crossbow), Mantle of Channeling (shoulders); Focus, Restraint and Convention of Elements (rings); Wraps of Clarity and Nemesis Bracers (bracers).
- 13 Mar. 2020: Reviewed for Season 20.
- 22 Nov. 2019: Page added.
- Community Perception of the Season 21 Buff
- Season 21 Buff Not Active on Consoles
- All Diablo 3 Season 21 Class Guides (Patch 2.6.9)
- Barbarian, Crusader and Demon Hunter Season 21 Guides Are Live
- Necromancer Simulacrum Hotfix: Patch 2.6.9a
- The Rat Is Dead: Long Live the Demon Hunter Speed Meta
- Which Class to Play in Diablo 3 Season 21? Solo, Group and Speedfarm Rankings
- Diablo 3 Season 21 Start Times
- Tempest Rush Monk (Patch 2.6.4)
- Rathma Mages Necromancer (Patch 2.6.4)
- Barbarian Leveling and Fresh 70
- Masquerade Bone Spear Necromancer
- Demon Hunter Marauder Support with GoD
- Demon Hunter Hungering Arrow with GoD
- Impale Demon Hunter (Patch 2.6.4)
- Thorns Crusader (Patch 2.6.4)