Akkhan Condemn Crusader Speed Farming Variation
On this page, we explain everything that is specific to the Speed Farming variant of Akkhan Condemn Crusader. Updated for patch 2.6.7 and Season 19.
The Akkhan Condemn deals with regular Rift farming excellently all the way through the highest Torments, making it a viable build for the task. This variation is highly recommended for Rifts in particular, since it's able to fit in the Sage's set for Death's Breath farming. We have speed farming rankings if you want to know more about which builds are best for speed farming.
Within the limited scope of regular difficulties, the necessary damage and toughness to triumph over the enemy is significantly smaller. Thus, your best course of action is to improve utility and speed.
|Steed Charge Endurance Condemn Unleashed 1 Laws of Hope Wings of Angels 2 Provoke Too Scared to Run 3 Iron Skin Flash 4 Akarat's Champion Prophet|
When you are speed farming regular rifts, parts of your playstyle will adapt to the lowered challenge and focus more on speed and utility.
Similarly to its GR progression counterpart, the speed farming Condemn Crusader needs to stay in Akarat's Champion form at all times; a significantly easier task in the limited challenges of standard rifts, and the ease of proccing the cubed In-geom (which does necessitate that you prioritize elites as much as possible). You should be able to oneshot pretty much any enemy pack with a single detonation of Condemn Unleashed, and fluidly move between packs with Laws of Hope Wings of Angels plus Iron Skin Flash (for short distances), or Steed Charge Endurance (for long distances). When in need of Wrath (or means to proc extra movement speed — see below), pop Provoke and continue the onslaught.
Adapting Skills and Passives
Parts of the skill and passive selection will overlap with the base Greater Rift progression build, but others will have to change according to the task at hand. Ability to cross over great distances faster and more efficiently take precedence.
- With your greatly increased speed, you will be zipping from one pack to the next, reducing the usefulness of the wind-up pull of Condemn Vacuum. In its place, use the immediate explosion of Unleashed for precise, on-demand devastation.
- Iron Skin still makes an appearance in the build, but the lengthy protection of Steel Skin is overkill for standard rifts; in its stead, use Flash for an additional movement speed proc and removal of monster collision (note that Illusory Boots are dropped from the Cube).
- Provoke is still needed, but you can make some speed farm-appropriate alterations. You can stick to the rune Too Scared to Run from progression, or — once you grow comfortable that you can oneshot the foes — alter to Flee Fool and use it as a proc for Rechel's Ring of Larceny for even more movement speed.
- You should alter your Law of choice from the resource-oriented Laws of Valor Unstoppable Force to the party-wide movement speed buff of Laws of Hope Wings of Angels.
- Focus and Restraint can still be used in early progression, but you should drop them for utility jewelry asap — and you should drop the generator attack with them. In its stead, use the Crusader long range movement tool — Steed Charge Endurance.
- Akarat's Champion Prophet is an omnipresent self-buff in both versions of the build.
- Your passive selection can remain pretty much unchanged from the progression build: Heavenly Strength, Long Arm of the Law, Holy Cause and Finery. When doing bounties, you can consider dropping the latter for Lord Commander to have better Steed Charge uptime, but it is not a mandatory swap.
You will still be taking advantage of the full 6-piece set bonuses of Akkhan, incorporating the 'upper' part of the set — the helm, shoulders, gloves, amulet, and chest piece. The 7-piece adaptability of Akkhan allows you to tinker with additional bonuses, most notably the inclusion of the Sage's Journey set for Death's Breath farming. Take Sage's Ribbon and Sage's Passage, and then complete both the Akkhan and Sage set bonuses with a Ring of Royal Grandeur in the Cube.
You will notice that the legs slot is still free, and our recommendation is to use Hexing Pants of Mr. Yan in that slot. This legendary piece will amplify both your damage and resource generation while you are moving, which synergizes perfectly with the constantly shifting Condemn build, and allows you to make up for the loss of a generator.
As noted above, your jewelry during farming can be the Bastions of Will set ( Focus and Restraint); however, once you perfect your character and no longer want for burst, you should use utility-focused jewelry instead. A combination of Avarice Band and a Holy damage Stone of Jordan is a nice starting point. The union of Avarice Band with Boon of the Hoarder will greatly improve your speed, as well as feed into your gold reserve for the costly GR empowerments. The Holy SoJ will simply be a consistent, care-free damage increase as you farm. You can alter the setup for even more speed by dropping the SoJ in favor of Rechel's Ring of Larceny, and swapping the Provoke rune from Too Scared to Run to Flee Fool, but note that this is a trickier rotation to pull off and you need to be precise with your Condemn follow-ups, because you risk monsters fleeing too far and slowing the run down.
In speed farm, it is advisable to abandon the damage increase from the Aughild set in favor of a utility legendary for the bracer slot — the elite-spawning Nemesis Bracers.
While you can stay with The Furnace as your mainhand weapon and Blade of Prophecy as your Cubed power from progression, it is advisable to find yourself a good Blade of Prophecy to wield during farming, which allows you to cube In-geom to nullify your movement cooldowns.
To help you with farming the gear you need for your builds, we have two very useful guides that you can access by clicking the links below: a Salvage Guide to help you quickly check whether or not you can safely salvage a piece of gear and a Legendary Farming Guide to help you efficiently farm legendaries and set items.
Bane of the Trapped remains a universally desired damage amplification gem.
During speed farming, Esoteric Alteration will be a protective overkill and should be replaced by Boon of the Hoarder. The latter is a high utility gem that feeds you practically infinite gold, gives you a massive short-term speed boost while picking it up, and synergizes excellently with a cubed Goldwrap and a worn Avarice Band for practical invincibility of your character.
Since monster health is much more tame in the standard difficulties, you should also replace Bane of the Stricken with Bane of the Powerful for the consistent, easily sustained damage increase. If you overpower content so much that even Bane of the Powerful is unnecessary, you can consider using Wreath of Lightning for the extra speed.
|Torso and Pants||
Adapting Kanai's Cube
The extra elite damage of The Furnace diminishes in value in the limited difficulty of normal Rifts (and Blade of Prophecy should not be cubed in speed runs), so it best to use In-geom in the weapon Cube slot. The latter will allow you to easily chain long protective and mobility cooldowns, and even drop CDR items in favor of utility.
Our default recommendation for the armor Cube slot is Goldwrap, since its synergy with Boon of the Hoarder and Avarice Band will render you practically invincible during regular Rifts. If you are comfortable with your base survivability and want for more speed (especially useful in bounties), you can use Warzechian Armguards in this slot — Condemn is great at incidental environmental destruction for the movespeed procs.
Lastly, in order to maintain the valuable 6-piece bonus of Akkhan and 3-piece bonus of the Sage set, you will need to cube a Ring of Royal Grandeur in the jewelry slot.
- 19 Nov. 2019: Guide revised and updated for Season 19.
- 22 Aug. 2019: Reviewed for Season 18.
- 15 May 2019: Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 27 Jan. 2019: Revised the speed farming variant to an improved setup.
- 31 Oct. 2017: Updated variant to adapt to the changes in the rest of the guide.
- Tyrael's Sacrifice Cinematic Upscaled to 8K
- BlizzCon Winning Cosplays Interview
- Whisper Bug Fixed, Party Bug Update
- Diablo 4 System Design, Part 2
- Lilith's Summoner Is Rathma Confirmed
- Blues on Addons and Bots, 10,000+ Paragon, Brawl Leveling and Angel Squishiness
- Diablo 4 Will Be "Like the First Chapter of a Book", Diablo May Not Even Show Up
- Party Joining Bug Fixed
- Thorns Crusader (Patch 2.6.4)
- Seismic Slam Barbarian (Patch 2.6.4)
- Monk Leveling and Fresh 70
- PoJ Tempest Rush Monk
- Rend Barbarian (Patch 2.6.4)
- New to this game
- LoN Frenzy/Thorns Barbarian (Patch 2.6.4)
- Barbarian Wrath of the Wastes Set Dungeon