Demon Hunter Embodiment of the Marauder Fresh 70 Starter Build (Patch 2.7 / Season 23)
This build is a starter build for fresh Level 70 Demon Hunters who have access to the Embodiment of the Marauder set.
This guide is part of our Demon Hunter Seasonal Progress Guide, which also includes a leveling build and other early builds for fresh 70 characters.
Fresh 70 Build
|Evasive Fire Focus Multishot Arsenal 1 Vengeance Seethe 2 Vault Tumble 3 Companion No rune chosen 4 Sentry Polar Station|
How to Play the Build: Skills and Rotation
Evasive Fire should be kept in your build, but with the tendency of Marauder builds to focus on heavy Hatred spenders, the rune should be switched to the higher generator Focus. Vault Tumble remains the best mobility tool at your disposal. Companion also stays in the build, and gains the utility of all its runes as early as the 2-piece Marauder bonus — a huge, all-around buff that affects damage ( Wolf Companion), resources ( Bat Companion), movement ( Ferret Companion) and safety ( Boar Companion and Spider Companion).
Sentry will no longer be the minor damage addition of the leveling spec, turning into a centerpiece of Marauder builds. Not only do the turrets mimic your Hatred spender shots as early as the 4-piece bonus, but they will also multiply your damage for every turret in the field at the 6-piece bonus. This necessitates the inclusion of the Custom Engineering passive, as well as the priority on obtaining Bombardier's Rucksack early on. As far as runes are concerned, you can stay with the leveling Spitfire Turret until you level your Bane of the Trapped a bit, at which point a swap to Polar Station would provide an easy proc for that powerful legendary gem.
Vengeance is a staple Demon Hunter buff that provides a 40% damage multiplier and CC immunity as a baseline, as well as a massive Hatred regeneration bonus from the Seethe rune. Obtaining permanent uptime of this skill is via a cubed Dawn and a 37% sheet CDR breakpoint is another high priority.
Your spender can vary between all listed skill under the Marauder bonuses, but Multishot (wide AoE for normal Rift speed farming) and Cluster Arrow (far-reaching nuke for Greater Rift progression) come with the highest recommendation.
Gear and Builds Using This Set
The build above is specifically created not to require any additional sets or legendary items. In order to transition to a late game-oriented spec using the same set, we have a rough list of high priority items to obtain, as well as a link to the build they pertain to.
- Marauder Endgame Build — Manticore (2h crossbow); Yang's Recurve (bow); Bombardier's Rucksack (quiver); Zoey's Secret and Hellcat Waistguard (belts); Nemesis Bracers and Wraps of Clarity (bracers); Focus and Restraint (rings).
- 02 Apr. 2021: Reviewed for Season 23.
- 13 Mar. 2020: Reviewed for Season 20.
- 22 Nov. 2019: Page added.
- All Class Skills for Amazon, Barbarian and Sorceress in Action in Diablo 2: Ressurected
- First Dupes Found on Diablo 2: Resurrected Alpha
- Korean Diablo 2: Resurrected Alpha to Be Extended, Possibly in the West as Well?
- Diablo 2: Resurrected in Ultrawide 32:9, 5120x1440
- Blizzard Begins Monthly Collectible Series for 30th Anniversary with Lich King Statue & Concept Art Print
- Diablo II Resurrected Technical Alpha Starting April 8th
- Signs of the Diablo 2: Resurrected Alpha: Korean Test Announced
- Razor Strop Fix for Game Freezes and Connection issues