Necromancer Corpse Explosion Build With Inarius Set
Welcome to our build guide for Inarius Corpse Explosion Necromancer in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.4 and Season 16.General Information
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our follower guide, which contains detailed advice on choosing the skills and the gear of your companion.
Ripping the skeletal structure from his very foes to encase himself in a protective vortex of sharpened bone, the Inarius Necromancer turns to close combat spellcasting to resolve conflicts. Using the bodies the dead as a virulent tool to obliterate the living, the Corpse Exlosion Necromancer build emerges in both Greater Rift solo progression and regular Rift farming variations, explained in that order.
2. Quick Reference
2.1. Skill Setup
The basic skill setup of the Inarius Corpse Explosion Necromancer is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Grim Scythe Cursed Scythe Blood Rush Potency 1 Corpse Explosion Close Quarters 2 Bone Armor Dislocation 3 Death Nova Blight 4 Land of the Dead Frozen Lands|
|Grim Scythe Cursed Scythe Blood Rush Metabolism 1 Corpse Explosion Close Quarters 2 Bone Armor Dislocation 3 Command Golem Flesh Golem 4 Land of the Dead Shallow Graves|
3.1. Gear Setup
The required gear setup for the Inarius Corpse Explosion Necromancer is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution. It also includes detailed explanations for Season 16 adjustments.
- Helm: Inarius's Understanding (or Leoric's Crown in Season 16)
- Shoulders: Inarius's Martyrdom
- Gloves: Inarius's Will
- Chest: Inarius's Conviction
- Belt: Dayntee's Binding
- Pants: Inarius's Reticence
- Boots: Inarius's Perseverance
- Bracers: Ancient Parthan Defenders
- Amulet: Wisdom of Kalan
- Ring 1: Unity
- Ring 2: Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac
- Weapon: Trag'Oul's Corroded Fang
- Offhand: Lidless Wall
3.2. Legendary Gems
- Legendary Gem 1: Bane of the Trapped
- Legendary Gem 2: Gogok of Swiftness
- Legendary Gem 3: Esoteric Alteration
3.3. Kanai's Cube
4. Role in the Current Meta
This build is ranked as a Low Tier solo pushing build for its class in the current Season. If you are looking to challenge yourself with an unorthodox, but still very viable build to complete the Season Journey with, consider using this build.
This build is oriented mostly at solo Rifting (Greater and Normal). Due to its mediocre mobility on long distances, it is not recommended for Bounties. It is also not recommended for group Greater Rifts past the point where every party member can handle the content on his own.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Added suggestions for the baseline Ring of Royal Grandeur for Seasonal characters.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 27 Oct. 2017 (this page): Minor changes for Patch 2.6.1.
- 27 Oct. 2017 (speed farming variant page): Removed note about Fueled by Death's bug.
- 26 Jun. 2017 (this page): Guide added.
- Activision Blizzard Q4 2018 Earnings Call & Layoffs
- Activision Blizzard Layoffs to Be Announced Soon?
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #35
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #34
- Deadset's Guide Compendium for Season 16 / Patch 2.6.4
- Four New Collectible Blizzard Books Coming This Fall
- 2.6.4 Is Now Live + Patch Notes
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode 33
- Soul Harvest Witch Doctor (Patch 2.6.4)
- Necromancer Pestilence Set Dungeon
- Zunimassa and williken's fetish army
- WoL Monk (Patch 2.6.4)
- Why no Litany of the Undaunted Builds? (patch 2.6.4)
- Thorns Crusader (Patch 2.6.4)
- Above Paragon level 397 (when you have 50 Core points), is Movement Speed on boots always sub-optimal?
- Meteor Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)