Necromancer Skeletal Mages Build With Trag'Oul and Jesseth Sets
Welcome to our build guide for Trag'Oul Blood Mages Necromancer in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.5 and Season 17.
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our follower guide, which contains detailed advice on choosing the skills and the gear of your companion.
Grasping the essence of his own life forces with the might of the Trag'Oul's Avatar set, the Blood Mage Necromancer infuses his skeletal summons with very blood. This daring take on the summoner archetype is available in both regular Rift farming and Greater Rift solo progression variations, explained in that order.
2. Video Guide
The following video guide was created to accompany the present written guide and demonstrate how to play the build in-game.
3. Quick Reference
3.1. Skill Setup
The basic skill setup of the Blood Mage Necromancer is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Skeletal Mage Life Support Command Skeletons Freezing Grasp 1 Devour Cannibalize 2 Bone Armor Dislocation 3 Land of the Dead Frozen Lands 4 Blood Rush No rune chosen|
|Siphon Blood Blood Sucker Skeletal Mage Life Support 1 Devour Cannibalize 2 Bone Armor Dislocation 3 Command Skeletons Freezing Grasp 4 Decrepify Dizzying Curse|
4.1. Gear Setup
The required gear setup for the Blood Mage Necromancer is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution.
- Helm: Trag'Oul's Guise
- Shoulders: Trag'Oul's Heart
- Gloves: Trag'Oul's Claws
- Chest: Trag'Oul's Scales
- Belt: Goldwrap
- Pants: Trag'Oul's Hide
- Boots: Trag'Oul's Stalwart Greaves
- Bracers: Nemesis Bracers
- Amulet: Hellfire Amulet of Intelligence
- Ring 1: Circle of Nailuj's Evol
- Ring 2: Avarice Band
- Weapon: Jesseth Skullscythe
- Offhand: Jesseth Skullshield
4.2. Legendary Gems
4.3. Kanai's Cube
- 12 May 2019 (skills page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 12 May 2019 (gear page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 12 May 2019 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Added suggestions for the baseline Ring of Royal Grandeur for Seasonal characters.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 28 Oct. 2017 (this page): No changes necessary for Patch 2.6.1.
- 07 Jul. 2017 (this page): Guide added.
- Diablo Immortal: Potential Monetization Model
- Season 17 Guides: All Classes
- Season 17 Guides: Crusader, Demon Hunter and Monk
- LoN Builds to Enjoy in Season 17 Part 2
- Season 17 Guides: Barbarian and Necromancer
- Challenge Rift 99 Guides
- Patch 2.6.5 Now Live + Patch Notes
- LoN Builds to Enjoy in Season 17 - Featuring Deadset
- Poison Dart Witch Doctor (Patch 2.6.4)
- LoN Solo Skeletons Necromancer (Patch 2.6.4)
- s17 LoN builds
- Demon Hunter Natalya's Vengeance Set Dungeon
- LoN HotA Barbarian (Patch 2.6.5)
- Avarice Conquest
- Wizard question
- Grasp Witch Doctor (Patch 2.6.4)