Witch Doctor Zunimassa Gargantuan Build
Welcome to our build guide for Zuni Gargantuan Witch Doctor in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.4 and Season 16.General Information
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our follower guide, which contains detailed advice on choosing the skills and the gear of your companion.
Embodying the classic summoner playstyle, this Zunimassa variant rallies a vast, protective Fetish menagerie of critters at his side, while his lumbering Gargantuans maul the enemy to the ground. This pet-centric, minion-heavy build is available in a Greater Rift solo and Speed farming variations, presented in that order.
2. Quick Reference
2.1. Skill Setup
The basic skill setup of the Zunimassa Gargantuan Witch Doctor is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Firebats Vampire Bats Piranhas Piranhado 1 Gargantuan Humongoid 2 Spirit Walk Honored Guest 3 Soul Harvest Languish 4 Fetish Army Legion of Daggers|
|Haunt Lingering Spirit Piranhas Piranhado 1 Gargantuan Humongoid 2 Spirit Walk Severance 3 Soul Harvest Soul to Waste 4 Fetish Army Legion of Daggers|
3.1. Gear Setup
The required gear setup for the Zunimassa Gargantuan Witch Doctor is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution. It also includes detailed explanations for Season 16 adjustments.
- Helm: Zunimassa's Vision
- Shoulders: Mantle of Channeling
- Gloves: Zunimassa's Finger Wraps (or Tasker and Theo in Season 16)
- Chest: Zunimassa's Marrow
- Belt: Belt of Transcendence
- Pants: Zunimassa's Cloth
- Boots: Zunimassa's Trail
- Bracers: Lakumba's Ornament
- Amulet: The Traveler's Pledge
- Ring 1: The Compass Rose
- Ring 2: Convention of Elements
- Weapon: Sacred Harvester
- Offhand: Zunimassa's String of Skulls
3.2. Legendary Gems
- Legendary Gem 1: Bane of the Trapped
- Legendary Gem 2: Bane of the Stricken
- Legendary Gem 3: Enforcer
3.3. Kanai's Cube
4. Role in the Current Meta
This build is ranked as a High Tier solo pushing build for its class in the current Season. If high leaderboard position without strict adherence to the meta is attractive to you, consider using this build.
This build is oriented mostly at solo Rifting (Greater and Normal). Due to its mediocre mobility on long distances, it is not recommended for Bounties. It is also not recommended for group Greater Rifts past the point where every party member can handle the content on his own.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Added suggestions for the baseline Ring of Royal Grandeur for Seasonal characters.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 17 Nov. 2017 (this page): Guide added.
- Activision Blizzard Q4 2018 Earnings Call & Layoffs
- Activision Blizzard Layoffs to Be Announced Soon?
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #35
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #34
- Deadset's Guide Compendium for Season 16 / Patch 2.6.4
- Four New Collectible Blizzard Books Coming This Fall
- 2.6.4 Is Now Live + Patch Notes
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode 33
- Zunimassa and williken's fetish army
- WoL Monk (Patch 2.6.4)
- Why no Litany of the Undaunted Builds? (patch 2.6.4)
- Soul Harvest Witch Doctor (Patch 2.6.4)
- Necromancer Pestilence Set Dungeon
- Thorns Crusader (Patch 2.6.4)
- Above Paragon level 397 (when you have 50 Core points), is Movement Speed on boots always sub-optimal?
- Meteor Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)