Zuni Gargantuan Witch Doctor Speed Farming Variation
On this page, we explain everything that is specific to the Speed Farming variant of Zuni Gargantuan Witch Doctor. Updated for patch 2.6.10 and Season 22.
The Zuni Gargantuan Witch Doctor can deal reasonably well with Normal Rift farming all the way through the highest Torment difficulties. The build variation suffers from minor inconveniences compared to top tier speed farming builds (needing specific weaponry setup, depriving the build of speedrunning Manajuma set options). We have speed farming rankings if you want to know more about which builds are best for speed farming.
Within the limited scope of regular difficulties, the necessary damage and toughness to triumph over the enemy is significantly smaller. Thus, your best course of action is to improve utility and speed.
|Haunt Lingering Spirit Piranhas Piranhado 1 Gargantuan Humongoid 2 Spirit Walk Severance 3 Soul Harvest Soul to Waste 4 Fetish Army Legion of Daggers|
In the skill selection, you will accomplish that by:
- Replacing the slower-paced, fixed position Firebats with the immediate, autoiming and mobile effect of Haunt Lingering Spirit.
- Exchanging the mana restoration effect of the Honored Guest rune for the faster movement of Severance.
- Swapping the Soul Harvest rune from the defensive Languish to the movespeed-oriented Soul to Waste.
- Optionally replacing the cheat death of Spirit Vessel for the pet-based movement speed increase of Fierce Loyalty.
One of the strengths of a Zunimassa setup is its ability to empower your Death's Breath farming for future crafting. In order to do this, you will include 2 of the 3 pieces of the Sage's Journey set (between Sage's Passage, Sage's Apogee and Sage's Purchase), and cube a Ring of Royal Grandeur. You will also have to shift Zunimassa pieces around, equipping Zunimassa's Pox in your jewelry and thus breaking up the Endless Walk set (no big loss, since it is not suited to speed farming anyway).
In this speed farming setup, your ideal worn jewelry becomes:
- The universal Gargantuan damage buff of The Short Man's Finger;
- Zunimassa's Pox, in order to preserve the 6-piece bonuses of the set;
- A Hellfire Amulet of Intelligence with a solid fifth passive like Gruesome Feast, Fierce Loyalty or Pierce the Veil.
Overly defensive items get swapped away: Mantle of Channeling, which promotes a static fighting playstyle, should be replaced by a farming-oriented legendary like Homing Pads; Lakumba's Ornament steps down for the speed staple Nemesis Bracers and its extra elite summons at shrines.
To help you with farming the gear you need for your builds, we have two very useful guides that you can access by clicking the links below: a Salvage Guide to help you quickly check whether or not you can safely salvage a piece of gear and a Legendary Farming Guide to help you efficiently farm legendaries and set items.
Designed for the prolonged Guardian fight in Greater Rifts, Bane of the Stricken falls off heavily in speedfarming and is best swapped out. Notable alternatives are the reliable overall toughness increase of Esoteric Alteration, the pure glass cannon damage increase of Zei's Stone of Vengeance and the gold farming staple Boon of the Hoarder.
|Torso and Pants||
For more information about gems, please refer to our guide on gems.
Adapting Kanai's Cube
The extra damage of Spite diminishes in value in the limited difficulty of normal Rifts, so it is best replaced by In-geom in the weapon Cube slot. The latter will allow you to easily chain long protective and mobility cooldowns.
Lastly, in order to maintain the valuable 6-piece bonus of Zunimassa and 3-piece bonus of the Sage set, you will need to cube a Ring of Royal Grandeur in the jewelry slot.
During Season 22, you are able to add Krelm's Buff Belt for additional speed during farming.
The Kanai's Cube can be used for much more than simply extracting Legendary powers from items. Please refer to our Kanai's Cube guide for more information.
- 19 Nov. 2020: Added Cube recommendations for Season 22.
- 01 Jul. 2020: No changes required for Season 21.
- 12 Mar. 2020: No changes necessary for Season 20.
- 22 Nov. 2019: Reviewed for Season 19.
- 23 Aug. 2019: Item recommendations are revised for Season 18.
- A Call to Strike on Blizzard France Employees on Shadowlands Launch Day
- Which Class to Play in Diablo 3 Season 22? Solo, Group, and Speedfarm Rankings
- All Diablo 3 Season 22 Guides (Patch 2.6.10)
- Diablo 3 Season 22 Start Time
- Diablo 3 Cinematics Upscaled to 8K, 48 FPS
- Patch 2.6.10 Is Live
- Blizzard Selling Face Masks on Gear Store
- Official Preview of Season 22 in Diablo 3