Wizard Channeling Meteor Firebird Build
Welcome to our build guide for Meteor Wizard in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.4 and Season 16.General Information
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our follower guide, which contains detailed advice on choosing the skills and the gear of your companion.
Channeling immense powers to call forth destruction from the sky, the Meteor Wizard alternates the might of two sets according to his whims and conjures fiery death. This bursty, hard hitting playstyle is available in two Greater Rift solo and regular Rift farming variations, explained in that order.
2. Quick Reference
2.1. Skill Setup
The basic skill setup of the Firebird Meteor Wizard is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Arcane Torrent Flame Ward Teleport Safe Passage 1 Meteor Meteor Shower 2 Magic Weapon Ignite 3 Frost Nova Bone Chill 4 Ice Armor Crystallize|
|Arcane Torrent Static Discharge Teleport Calamity 1 Meteor Meteor Shower 2 Magic Weapon Deflection 3 Frost Nova Frozen Mist 4 Storm Armor Power of the Storm|
|Energy Twister Mistral Breeze Teleport Calamity 1 Meteor Thunder Crash 2 Explosive Blast Chain Reaction 3 Familiar Arcanot 4 Storm Armor Power of the Storm|
|Magic Missile Conflagrate Teleport Safe Passage 1 Meteor Star Pact 2 Magic Weapon Ignite 3 Arcane Torrent Flame Ward 4 Ice Armor Crystallize|
3.1. Gear Setup
The required gear setup for the Firebird Meteor Wizard is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution. It also includes detailed explanations for Season 16 adjustments.
- Helm: Firebird's Plume
- Shoulders: Firebird's Pinions (or Mantle of Channeling in Season 16)
- Gloves: Firebird's Talons
- Chest: Firebird's Breast
- Belt: Hergbrash's Binding
- Pants: Firebird's Down
- Boots: Firebird's Tarsi
- Bracers: Ancient Parthan Defenders
- Amulet: The Traveler's Pledge
- Ring 1: The Compass Rose
- Ring 2: Convention of Elements
- Weapon: Deathwish
- Offhand: Etched Sigil
3.2. Legendary Gems
3.3. Kanai's Cube
4. Role in the Current Meta
This build is ranked as the Top Tier solo pushing build for its class in the current Season.
This build is oriented mostly at solo Rifting (Greater and Normal). Due to its mediocre mobility on long distances, it is not recommended for Bounties. It is also not recommended for group Greater Rifts past the point where every party member can handle the content on his own.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (tal rasha variant page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Added suggestions for the baseline Ring of Royal Grandeur for Seasonal characters.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (star pact variant page): Adjusted the tables to properly reflect the written portion of the guide.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 23 Feb. 2018 (star pact variant page): Variation added.
- 12 Nov. 2017 (this page): Revised the guide to improve its endgame skills and itemization.
- 12 Nov. 2017 (skills page): Revised the guide to improve its endgame skill selection.
- 12 Nov. 2017 (gear page): Revised the guide to improve its endgame itemization.
- 01 Nov. 2017 (this page): New build added.
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode 36
- Activision Blizzard Q4 2018 Earnings Call & Layoffs
- Activision Blizzard Layoffs to Be Announced Soon?
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #35
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #34
- Deadset's Guide Compendium for Season 16 / Patch 2.6.4
- Four New Collectible Blizzard Books Coming This Fall
- 2.6.4 Is Now Live + Patch Notes
- Twister Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)
- Why no Litany of the Undaunted Builds? (patch 2.6.4)
- Crusader Akkhan Set Dungeon
- Necromancer Trag'Oul Set Dungeon
- Thorns Crusader (Patch 2.6.4)
- Fever Clan recruiting for Season
- Support Necromancer (Patch 2.6.4)
- Frozen Orb Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)