Meteor Wizard Tal Rasha Variation
On this page, we explain everything that is specific to the Tal Rasha variant of Meteor Wizard. Updated for patch 2.6.8 and Season 20.
Tal Rasha Channeling Meteor
The build is also adaptable to the Tal Rasha's Elements set with minor modifications, resulting in a tankier but slightly weaker variant. Nevertheless, this take on the spec is more than capable and fully warrants a mention as a progression build.
|Arcane Torrent Static Discharge Teleport Calamity 1 Meteor Meteor Shower 2 Magic Weapon Deflection 3 Frost Nova Frozen Mist 4 Storm Armor Power of the Storm|
The shift from a Firebirds playstyle (need to use three different Fire skills) to Tal Rasha (need to use one spell of each element) mandates the following changes to your skill selection:
- Arcane Torrent will be kept in the build, but the Flame Ward rune will have to be swapped to Static Discharge to cover for the Lightning proc of the Tal Rasha set;
- Familiar Sparkflint from the Firebird setup will be completely removed from the setup in favor of Frost Nova Frozen Mist, which covers for the Cold proc of the Tal Rasha set;
- Teleport remains in the setup, but the Safe Passage rune will give way to Calamity for the Arcane proc of the Tal Rasha set.
You will swap all Firebird pieces away for Tal Rasha ones, occupying the helm, glove, chest, belt, pants and amulet slots with Tal pieces. Due to the distribution of set pieces in the Tal Rasha set, you will lose The Witching Hour for Tal Rasha's Brace and the Endless Walk jewelry set for Tal Rasha's Allegiance. What you will gain however, is more than appetizing: you get to wear Nilfur's Boast (freeing up the Cube slot for the extra protection of Aquila Cuirass) and gain an extra synergistic item in the face of Mantle of Channeling. You will complete your jewelry with a offense-and-defense split of Convention of Elements and Unity.
To help you with farming the gear you need for your builds, we have two very useful guides that you can access by clicking the links below: a Salvage Guide to help you quickly check whether or not you can safely salvage a piece of gear and a Legendary Farming Guide to help you efficiently farm legendaries and set items.
Adapting Kanai's Cube
- 12 Mar. 2020: No changes necessary for Season 20.
- 22 Nov. 2019: Reviewed for Season 19.
- 23 Aug. 2019: Reviewed and approved for Season 18.
- 17 May 2019: Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 18 Jan. 2019: Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- Challenge Rift 144 Guides
- Blizzard Provides Staff with Care Packages During Lockdown
- Rod Ferguson's Diablo 4 Tweets, Art Director Images
- Challenge Rift 143 Guides
- Best Starter Builds for Path of Exile: Delirium
- Blizzard Implementing Work from Home Policy Due to Coronavirus
- How to Launch Diablo 3 Without the Battle.net Client
- All Class Guides for Diablo 3 Season 20, Patch 2.6.8
- LoD Hydra Wizard
- Monk Sunwuko Set Dungeon
- PoJ Tempest Rush Monk
- Holy Shotgun Crusader (Patch 2.6.4)
- Uliana Monk (Patch 2.6.4)
- LoN Blood Nova Necromancer (Patch 2.6.5)
- LoD Poison Nova Necromancer
- WoL Monk (Patch 2.6.4)