Meteor Wizard Speed Farming Variation
On this page, we explain everything that is specific to the Speed Farming variant of Meteor Wizard. Updated for Patch 2.6.9 and Season 21.
Normal Rift Speed Farming Variation
While slightly worse at progression, the Tal Rasha Meteor Wizard can deal excellently with Normal Rift farming all the way through the highest Torment difficulties.
Within the limited scope of regular difficulties, the necessary damage and toughness to triumph over the enemy is significantly smaller. Thus, your best course of action is to improve utility and speed.
|Energy Twister Mistral Breeze Teleport Calamity 1 Meteor Thunder Crash 2 Explosive Blast Chain Reaction 3 Familiar Arcanot 4 Storm Armor Power of the Storm|
- Changing the slower, channeled and overly protective Arcane Torrent from the progression spec to the character-centric, zero aiming Fire proc of Explosive Blast Chain Reaction.
- Familiar will be kept in the build, but should be swapped from the Fire-based Sparkflint to the Arcane Power regeneration of Arcanot, allowing for generous manual Meteor spam in speedruns.
- The higher damage, but slower impact Meteor Shower rune of Meteor should be swapped to the immediate descent of the Thunder Crash rune. It will also conveniently fulfill the Lightning Tal proc.
- In order to get the Cold proc of Tal Rasha, you will also need to fit a Cold element skill into the build. A good candidate is Energy Twister Mistral Breeze, whose synergy with the worn Ranslor's Folly will group large amounts of monsters right underneath your Meteors.
- Last but not least, remember to set your Teleport rune to the Arcane damage proc of Calamity.
- Passives-wise, get extra Arcane Power from Astral Presence, and consider adding Unstable Anomaly for an extra layer of protection during careless speedfarming.
Due to Tal Rasha being a 7-piece set, you can adapt the Meteor build to include the Death's Breath farming Sage set. In order to do this, you will include 2 of the 3 pieces of the Sage's Journey set — Sage's Apogee and Sage's Purchase — and cube a Ring of Royal Grandeur. Note that you will need to wear the Tal Rasha's Unwavering Glare that you skip in the progression setup.
The progression-oriented Endless Walk set and Convention of Elements should be dropped from your jewelry during farming, since the Rift's clear speed makes their conditional buffs too slow to attain. In their stead, use a lightning damage Stone of Jordan for the consistent boost to your Thunder Crashes, and wear the Halo of Karini for its massive protection bonuses.
Lastly, use Aether Walker as your weapon to ensure limitless mobility during farming. The loss of Deathwish is inconsequential, since you drop the channeling aspect of the progression build altogether.
To help you with farming the gear you need for your builds, we have two very useful guides that you can access by clicking the links below: a Salvage Guide to help you quickly check whether or not you can safely salvage a piece of gear and a Legendary Farming Guide to help you efficiently farm legendaries and set items.
Since in farming you will be dropping channeling altogether, Taeguk is best replaced by a gem that empowers you when fighting large groups of monsters, affected by your skills in large quantities. Pain Enhancer fits the bill perfectly with the massive bleed it inflicts, plus the subsequent attack speed bonuses.
|Torso and Pants||
For more information about gems, please refer to our guide on gems.
Adapting Kanai's Cube
The Kanai's Cube can be used for much more than simply extracting Legendary powers from items. Please refer to our Kanai's Cube guide for more information.
- 01 Jul. 2020: No changes required for Season 21.
- 12 Mar. 2020: No changes necessary for Season 20.
- 22 Nov. 2019: Reviewed for Season 19.
- 23 Aug. 2019: Reviewed and approved for Season 18.
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Upcoming Dev Campfire Chat: November 30th
- Player Gathers All Uber Uniques and Asks “Did I Beat the Game?”
- Diablo 4 Steam Discount and Free Trial
- Diablo 4 Patch 1.2.2 Hotfixes: November 20th
- Diablo 4 Mother’s Blessing XP and Gold Buff Bugged, to Be Increased and Live This Week
- Diablo 4 Patch 1.2.2 Hotfixes: November 17th
- Mother’s Blessing Returns to Sanctuary (November 20-27)