Wizard Explosive Blast Farming Build With Tal Rasha Set
Welcome to our build guide for Explosive Blast Farming Wizard in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.5 and Season 17.
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our follower guide, which contains detailed advice on choosing the skills and the gear of your companion.
Receiving a bunch of quality of life upgrades and a straight numbers boost in Patch 2.6.1, the Tal Rasha's Elements set maintains a great deal of relevance. One of its undeniable applications is the so-called 'Flashfire' Wizard, an Explosive Blast-focused build that excels at regular Rift speed farming.
2. Video Guide
The following video guide was created to accompany the present written guide and demonstrate how to play the build in-game.
3. Quick Reference
3.1. Skill Setup
The basic skill setup of the 'Flashfire' Explosive Blast Wizard is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Electrocute Surge of Power Teleport Calamity 1 Frost Nova Frozen Mist 2 Explosive Blast Chain Reaction 3 Diamond Skin Prism 4 Storm Armor Scramble|
|Electrocute Surge of Power Teleport Calamity 1 Frost Nova Frozen Mist 2 Explosive Blast Chain Reaction 3 Diamond Skin Enduring Skin 4 Magic Weapon Deflection|
4.1. Gear Setup
The required gear setup for the 'Flashfire' Explosive Blast Wizard is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution.
- Helm: Sage's Apogee
- Shoulders: Pauldrons of the Skeleton King
- Gloves: Tal Rasha's Grasp
- Chest: Tal Rasha's Relentless Pursuit
- Belt: Tal Rasha's Brace
- Pants: Tal Rasha's Stride
- Boots: Sage's Passage
- Bracers: Nemesis Bracers
- Amulet: Tal Rasha's Allegiance
- Ring 1: Stone of Jordan
- Ring 2: Avarice Band
- Weapon: Wand of Woh
- Offhand: Orb of Infinite Depth
4.2. Legendary Gems
- Legendary Gem 1: Bane of the Trapped
- Legendary Gem 2: Bane of the Powerful
- Legendary Gem 3: Boon of the Hoarder
4.3. Kanai's Cube
- 17 May 2019 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 17 May 2019 (gear page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 17 May 2019 (skills page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Added suggestions for the baseline Ring of Royal Grandeur for Seasonal characters.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 27 Oct. 2017 (this page): No changes necessary in Patch 2.6.1, despite a few small boosts.
- 27 Oct. 2017 (gear page): Some wording updates to reflect the buffs to Wand of Woh and Orb of Infinite Depth in Patch 2.6.1.
- 27 Jun. 2017 (this page): Updated guide for 2.6 and moved it to the new format.
- UE Multishot Demon Hunter (Patch 2.6.4)
- Necromancer Corpse Lance LON
- Farming/Crafting/Upgrading Gems
- Patch buffed gear question.
- LoN LTK Monk
- Wizard question
- Follower Guide
- Tempest Rush Monk (Patch 2.6.4)