Crusader Akkhan Holy Shotgun Build
Welcome to our build guide for Akkhan Holy Shotgun Crusader in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.5 and Season 17.
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our follower guide, which contains detailed advice on choosing the skills and the gear of your companion.
One of the original builds of Crusaders makes a return in Patch 2.6.1, elevated by numeric buffs and a slew of synergistic items added over the last few years. The Holy Shotgun Crusader embodies the tanky, impenetrable bulwark of steel that absorbs blows and retaliates in blasts of pure, radiant vengeance. Theorycrafted with the immense help of Adam ADisco, this build is available in both Greater Rift solo progression and regular Rift farming variations, explained in that order.
2. Quick Reference
2.1. Skill Setup
The basic skill setup of the Akkhan Holy Shotgun Crusader is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Punish Rebirth Judgment Debilitate 1 Laws of Justice Decaying Strength 2 Iron Skin Flash 3 Heaven's Fury Blessed Ground 4 Akarat's Champion Prophet|
|Heaven's Fury Fires of Heaven Shield Glare Zealous Glare 1 Laws of Valor Unstoppable Force 2 Steed Charge Endurance 3 Provoke Too Scared to Run 4 Akarat's Champion Prophet|
3.1. Gear Setup
The required gear setup for the Akkhan Holy Shotgun Crusader is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution.
- Helm: Helm of Akkhan
- Shoulders: Pauldrons of Akkhan
- Gloves: Gauntlets of Akkhan
- Chest: Breastplate of Akkhan
- Belt: The Witching Hour
- Pants: Cuisses of Akkhan
- Boots: Sabatons of Akkhan
- Bracers: Bracer of Fury
- Amulet: The Traveler's Pledge
- Ring 1: The Compass Rose
- Ring 2: Justice Lantern
- Weapon: Fate of the Fell
- Offhand: Shield of Fury
3.2. Legendary Gems
- Legendary Gem 1: Bane of the Trapped
- Legendary Gem 2: Esoteric Alteration
- Legendary Gem 3: Gogok of Swiftness
3.3. Kanai's Cube
4. Role in the Current Meta
This build is ranked as a High Tier solo pushing build for its class in the current Season. If high leaderboard position without strict adherence to the meta is attractive to you, consider using this build.
This build is oriented mostly at solo Rifting (Greater and Normal). Due to its mediocre mobility on long distances, it is not recommended for Bounties. It is also not recommended for group Greater Rifts past the point where every party member can handle the content on his own.
- 15 May 2019 (skills page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 15 May 2019 (gear page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 15 May 2019 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Added suggestions for the baseline Ring of Royal Grandeur for Seasonal characters.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 01 Nov. 2017 (this page): Added new build.
- UE Multishot Demon Hunter (Patch 2.6.4)
- Necromancer Corpse Lance LON
- Farming/Crafting/Upgrading Gems
- Patch buffed gear question.
- LoN LTK Monk
- Wizard question
- Follower Guide
- Tempest Rush Monk (Patch 2.6.4)