Aegis of Valor Heaven's Fury Crusader Speed Farming Variation
On this page, we explain everything that is specific to the Speed Farming variant of Aegis of Valor Heaven's Fury Crusader. Updated for patch 2.6.10 and Season 22.
The Aegis of Valor Heaven's Fury deals with regular Rift farming with ease all the way through the highest Torments, making it a viable build for the task. We have speed farming rankings if you want to know more about which builds are best for speed farming.
Within the limited scope of regular difficulties, the necessary damage and toughness to triumph over the enemy is significantly smaller. Thus, your best course of action is to improve utility and speed.
|Heaven's Fury Fires of Heaven Fist of the Heavens Fissure 1 Laws of Hope Wings of Angels 2 Shield Glare Divine Verdict 3 Steed Charge Endurance 4 Akarat's Champion Prophet|
When you are speed farming regular rifts, parts of your playstyle will adapt to the lowered challenge and focus more on speed and utility.
Your playstyle will not alter significantly from the GR build during regular rift farming; you will be focusing a lot more on speed however, chaining Laws of Hope Wings of Angels casts for shorter bouts of movement and Steed Charge Endurance when you need to cross longer distances. Simply spreading one or two Fist of the Heavens Fissures per screen should be more than enough for Wrath upkeep, as you oneshot the bigger targets, loot them and move on.
Adapting Skills and Passives
Parts of the skill and passive selection will overlap with the base Greater Rift progression build, but others will have to change according to the task at hand. Ability to cross over great distances faster and more efficiently take precedence.
- Heaven's Fury Fires of Heaven and Fist of the Heavens Fissure will remain your primary damage and resource upkeep dynamic in regular rifts, as you oneshot enemies with the former and restore Wrath and maintain set bonuses with the latter.
- Akarat's Champion Prophet is an omnipresent self-buff in both versions of the build.
- When speedfarming, the additional durability and attack speed of Laws of Valor will be overkill, so you can safely swap this slot out for the movement speed buffs of Laws of Hope Wings of Angels.
- The GR-progression oriented Judgment Debilitate is too defensive of a proc for the effects of Bracer of Fury, so you will do better with the straight damage buff of Shield Glare Divine Verdict.
- Finally, the progression-oriented hybrid of mobility and protection, Iron Skin Flash, should be replaced by the long distance champion Steed Charge Endurance.
- The majority of passives from the progression build are too valuable to ignore; you will keep Fervor (or Heavenly Strength in S22), Long Arm of the Law and Finery.
- In speed farming where damage is of lesser concern compared to mobility, you can swap Holy Cause for the improved Steed Charge uptime from Lord Commander.
The vast majority of the Heaven's Fury-specific items will remain unchanged during speed farming. You will still be taking advantage of the full set bonus of the Aegis of Valor set, and potentially including an extra utility legendary for speed farming in the place of Cpt. Crimson's set. The trio of (cubed) Fate of the Fell, Bracer of Fury and Shield of Fury are too valuable to pass up in this build, so they also remain locked in place. In the place of the progression-oriented Pig Sticker, you can run the speedfarm staple In-geom to enjoy carefree spam of all your important cooldowns.
It is worth noting that in the limited challenges of regular rifts, both the Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac and Convention of Elements greatly diminish in usefulness. A better jewelry split is a Holy damage Stone of Jordan (for the permanent damage increase), and Avarice Band (for the synergy with Goldwrap and Boon of the Hoarder), as well as The Flavor of Time for the extra Pylon duration during farming.
This damage reduction from the Cpt. Crimson set will be redundant in regular rifts, where you can get all the protection you will ever need via Goldwrap's interaction with Avarice Band and Boon of the Hoarder. In order to use your freed up slot, take off one of the Valor set pieces and replace them with a utility legendary. Our recommendation are the Gloves of Worship (Act II cache legendary), as their Shrine bonus extension mateches The Flavor of Time nicely, but there are other decent options — Hexing Pants of Mr. Yan's resource upkeep and damage buff bonuses while on the move, or even Homing Pads for the uninterrupted teleportation.
In regular rifts, the GR-oriented Pig Sticker can safely be replaced by In-geom — and in a cooldown reliant build, cutting all your downtimes by 10 seconds with every elite kill is an incomparable benefit.
To help you with farming the gear you need for your builds, we have two very useful guides that you can access by clicking the links below: a Salvage Guide to help you quickly check whether or not you can safely salvage a piece of gear and a Legendary Farming Guide to help you efficiently farm legendaries and set items.
Season 22 Modification
Due to the 4th Kanai's Cube slot in Season 22, replace Pig Sticker and Shield of Fury as your worn weapon and offhand with the Norvald's Fervor set, Flail of the Charge and Shield of the Steed, for their additional damage multiplier. Shield of Fury should be moved to the 4th Cube slot.
Bane of the Trapped remains a universally desired damage amplification gem.
During speed farming, Pain Enhancer will be a progression-oriented overkill and should be replaced by Boon of the Hoarder. The latter is a high utility gem that feeds you practically infinite gold, gives you a massive short-term speed boost while picking it up, and synergizes excellently with the worn Avarice Band for a sizable speed boost, and the Goldwrap for near-invulnerability.
Since monster health is much more tame in the standard difficulties, you should also replace Bane of the Stricken with Bane of the Powerful for the consistent, easily sustained damage increase. If you overpower content so much that even Bane of the Powerful is unnecessary, you can consider using Wreath of Lightning for the extra speed.
|Torso and Pants||
For more information about gems, please refer to our guide on gems.
For more information about gems, please refer to our guide on gems.
Adapting Kanai's Cube
Fate of the Fell is still a required legendary effect in the build, and stays locked in the weapon Cube slot.
Your armor Cube slot should be taken up by Nemesis Bracers, whose extra elite spawning property at shrines and pylons will greatly improve Rift clear times.
In Season 22, where you will be wielding the Norvald's Fervor set, you will gain the powers of Shield of Fury — a mandatory part of this build — by cubing them away in the seasonal 4th slot.
The Kanai's Cube can be used for much more than simply extracting Legendary powers from items. Please refer to our Kanai's Cube guide for more information.
- 18 Nov. 2020: Revised the guide to reflect proper equipment in the 4-slot Cube variant in Season 22.
- 30 Jun. 2020: No changes required for Season 21.
- 12 Mar. 2020: No changes necessary for Season 20.
- 03 Dec. 2019: Guide fixed to include a proper utility legendary recommendation.
- 19 Nov. 2019: Guide revised and updated for Season 19.
- 22 Aug. 2019: Reviewed for Season 18.
- A Call to Strike on Blizzard France Employees on Shadowlands Launch Day
- Which Class to Play in Diablo 3 Season 22? Solo, Group, and Speedfarm Rankings
- All Diablo 3 Season 22 Guides (Patch 2.6.10)
- Diablo 3 Season 22 Start Time
- Diablo 3 Cinematics Upscaled to 8K, 48 FPS
- Patch 2.6.10 Is Live
- Blizzard Selling Face Masks on Gear Store
- Official Preview of Season 22 in Diablo 3