Aegis of Valor Heaven's Fury Crusader Speed Farming Variation
The Aegis of Valor Heaven's Fury deals with regular Rift farming with ease all the way through the highest Torments, making it a viable build for the task. We have speed farming rankings if you want to know more about which builds are best for speed farming.
Within the limited scope of regular difficulties, the necessary damage and toughness to triumph over the enemy is significantly smaller. Thus, your best course of action is to improve utility and speed.
|Heaven's Fury Fires of Heaven Fist of the Heavens Fissure 1 Laws of Hope Wings of Angels 2 Shield Glare Divine Verdict 3 Steed Charge Endurance 4 Akarat's Champion Prophet|
When you are speed farming regular rifts, parts of your playstyle will adapt to the lowered challenge and focus more on speed and utility.
Your playstyle will not alter significantly from the GR build during regular rift farming; you will be focusing a lot more on speed however, chaining Laws of Hope Wings of Angels casts for shorter bouts of movement and Steed Charge Endurance when you need to cross longer distances. Simply spreading one or two Fist of the Heavens Fissures per screen should be more than enough for Wrath upkeep, as you oneshot the bigger targets, loot them and move on.
Adapting Skills and Passives
Parts of the skill and passive selection will overlap with the base Greater Rift progression build, but others will have to change according to the task at hand. Ability to cross over great distances faster and more efficiently take precedence.
- Heaven's Fury Fires of Heaven and Fist of the Heavens Fissure will remain your primary damage and resource upkeep dynamic in regular rifts, as you oneshot enemies with the former and restore Wrath and maintain set bonuses with the latter.
- Akarat's Champion Prophet is an omnipresent self-buff in both versions of the build.
- When speedfarming, the additional durability and attack speed of Laws of Valor will be overkill, so you can safely swap this slot out for the movement speed buffs of Laws of Hope Wings of Angels.
- The GR-progression oriented Judgment Debilitate is too defensive of a proc for the effects of Bracer of Fury, so you will do better with the straight damage buff of Shield Glare Divine Verdict.
- Finally, the progression-oriented hybrid of mobility and protection, Iron Skin Flash, should be replaced by the long distance champion Steed Charge Endurance.
- The majority of passives from the progression build are too valuable to ignore; you will keep Fervor, Long Arm of the Law and Finery.
- In speed farming where damage is of lesser concern compared to mobility, you can swap Holy Cause for the improved Steed Charge uptime from Lord Commander.
The vast majority of the Heaven's Fury-specific items will remain unchanged during speed farming. You will still be taking advantage of the full set bonus of the Aegis of Valor set, and potentially including an extra utility legendary for speed farming in the place of Cpt. Crimson's set. The trio of (cubed) Fate of the Fell, Bracer of Fury and Shield of Fury are too valuable to pass up in this build, so they also remain locked in place. In the place of the progression-oriented Pig Sticker, you can run the speedfarm staple In-geom to enjoy carefree spam of all your important cooldowns.
It is worth noting that in the limited challenges of regular rifts, both the Endless Walk set and Convention of Elements greatly diminish in usefulness. A better jewelry split is a Holy damage Stone of Jordan (for the permanent damage increase), and Avarice Band (for the synergy with Goldwrap and Boon of the Hoarder), as well as Squirt's Necklace for an extra damage multiplier.
This damage reduction from the Cpt. Crimson set will be redundant in regular rifts, where you can get all the protection you will ever need via Goldwrap's interaction with Avarice Band and Boon of the Hoarder. In order to use your freed up slot, take off one of the Valor set pieces and replace them with a utility legendary. Our recommendation are the Gloves of Worship (Act II cache legendary), as their Shrine bonus extension mateches The Flavor of Time nicely, but there are other decent options — Hexing Pants of Mr. Yan's resource upkeep and damage buff bonuses while on the move, or even Homing Pads for the uninterrupted teleportation.
In regular rifts, the GR-oriented Pig Sticker can safely be replaced by In-geom — and in a cooldown reliant build, cutting all your downtimes by 10 seconds with every elite kill is an incomparable benefit.
To help you with farming the gear you need for your builds, we have two very useful guides that you can access by clicking the links below: a Salvage Guide to help you quickly check whether or not you can safely salvage a piece of gear and a Legendary Farming Guide to help you efficiently farm legendaries and set items.
Bane of the Trapped remains a universally desired damage amplification gem.
During speed farming, Pain Enhancer will be a progression-oriented overkill and should be replaced by Boon of the Hoarder. The latter is a high utility gem that feeds you practically infinite gold, gives you a massive short-term speed boost while picking it up, and synergizes excellently with the worn Avarice Band for a sizable speed boost, and the Goldwrap for near-invulnerability.
Since monster health is much more tame in the standard difficulties, you should also replace Bane of the Stricken with Bane of the Powerful for the consistent, easily sustained damage increase. If you overpower content so much that even Bane of the Powerful is unnecessary, you can consider using Wreath of Lightning for the extra speed.
|Torso and Pants||
For more information about gems, please refer to our guide on gems.
For more information about gems, please refer to our guide on gems.
Adapting Kanai's Cube
Fate of the Fell is still a required legendary effect in the build, and stays locked in the weapon Cube slot.
Your armor Cube slot should be taken up by Warzechian Armguards, whose environment destruction-based speed buffs trigger consistently off the AoE of this build. You can still maintain the power of the former favorite in this slot, Nemesis Bracers, when you equip them on the follower — their power transfers to you via the Emanate mechanics. Note that this only applies in solo play where you can have a follower; in groups, you should still carry your own Nemesis Bracers here.
The Kanai's Cube can be used for much more than simply extracting Legendary powers from items. Please refer to our Kanai's Cube guide for more information.
The recommended follower for this build during standard rift farming for keys is the Enchantress due to her numerous utility bonuses, allowing you to smooth out your speed runs even further.
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our Follower Guide, which contains detailed advice for choosing the skills and the gear of your follower.
The preferred potion for this build is Bottomless Potion of the Leech due to its Life per Hit bonuses, adding some much needed life sustain to the build.
- 01 Apr. 2021: Minor revision to the build.
- 18 Nov. 2020: Revised the guide to reflect proper equipment in the 4-slot Cube variant in Season 22.
- 30 Jun. 2020: No changes required for Season 21.
- 12 Mar. 2020: No changes necessary for Season 20.
- 03 Dec. 2019: Guide fixed to include a proper utility legendary recommendation.
- 19 Nov. 2019: Guide revised and updated for Season 19.
- 22 Aug. 2019: Reviewed for Season 18.
- All Class Skills for Amazon, Barbarian and Sorceress in Action in Diablo 2: Ressurected
- First Dupes Found on Diablo 2: Resurrected Alpha
- Korean Diablo 2: Resurrected Alpha to Be Extended, Possibly in the West as Well?
- Diablo 2: Resurrected in Ultrawide 32:9, 5120x1440
- Blizzard Begins Monthly Collectible Series for 30th Anniversary with Lich King Statue & Concept Art Print
- Diablo II Resurrected Technical Alpha Starting April 8th
- Signs of the Diablo 2: Resurrected Alpha: Korean Test Announced
- Razor Strop Fix for Game Freezes and Connection issues