Crusader Rolands Sweep Attack Build
Welcome to our build guide for Rolands Sweep Attack Crusader in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.4 and Season 16.General Information
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our follower guide, which contains detailed advice on choosing the skills and the gear of your companion.
The Roland's Legacy set unlocks the potential of two signature Crusader abilities — Sweep Attack and Shield Bash — both by boosting their damage and adding cooldown reduction utility to their use. The guide below will focus on the Sweep Attack build option; this control-heavy, sustain damage build is available in both Greater Rift solo progression and regular Rift farming variations, explained in that order.
2. Quick Reference
2.1. Skill Setup
The basic skill setup of the Rolands Sweep Attack Crusader is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Sweep Attack Blazing Sweep Condemn Vacuum 1 Steed Charge Endurance 2 Iron Skin Flash 3 Laws of Valor Unstoppable Force 4 Akarat's Champion Prophet|
|Sweep Attack Gathering Sweep Condemn Vacuum 1 Steed Charge Endurance 2 Iron Skin Flash 3 Laws of Hope Wings of Angels 4 Akarat's Champion Prophet|
3.1. Gear Setup
The required gear setup for the Rolands Sweep Attack Crusader is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution. It also includes detailed explanations for Season 16 adjustments.
- Helm: Roland's Visage
- Shoulders: Roland's Mantle
- Gloves: Roland's Grasp
- Chest: Roland's Bearing (or Cindercoat in Season 16)
- Belt: The Witching Hour
- Pants: Roland's Determination
- Boots: Roland's Stride
- Bracers: Strongarm Bracers
- Amulet: The Traveler's Pledge
- Ring 1: The Compass Rose
- Ring 2: Convention of Elements
- Weapon: Golden Flense
- Offhand: Denial
3.2. Legendary Gems
- Legendary Gem 1: Bane of the Trapped
- Legendary Gem 2: Bane of the Stricken
- Legendary Gem 3: Gogok of Swiftness
3.3. Kanai's Cube
4. Role in the Current Meta
This build is ranked as a High Tier solo pushing build for its class in the current Season. If high leaderboard position without strict adherence to the meta is attractive to you, consider using this build.
This build is oriented mostly at solo Rifting (Greater and Normal). Due to its mediocre mobility on long distances, it is not recommended for Bounties. It is also not recommended for group Greater Rifts past the point where every party member can handle the content on his own.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Added suggestions for the baseline Ring of Royal Grandeur for Seasonal characters.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 31 Oct. 2017 (skills page): Blazing Sweep is now the recommended rune for Sweep Attack.
- 31 Oct. 2017 (this page): Revised the guide to reflect its 2.6.1 shift into Fire.
- 31 Oct. 2017 (speed farming variant page): Adjusted explanations following the shift of the main build to Fire damage.
- 31 Oct. 2017 (gear page): Changed recommended items for Bracers, Belt, and Ring #1, following the shift of the build towards Fire.
- 02 Jul. 2017 (this page): Updated for 2.6 and moved to new guide format.
- Activision Blizzard Q4 2018 Earnings Call & Layoffs
- Activision Blizzard Layoffs to Be Announced Soon?
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #35
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #34
- Deadset's Guide Compendium for Season 16 / Patch 2.6.4
- Four New Collectible Blizzard Books Coming This Fall
- 2.6.4 Is Now Live + Patch Notes
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode 33
- Soul Harvest Witch Doctor (Patch 2.6.4)
- Necromancer Pestilence Set Dungeon
- Zunimassa and williken's fetish army
- WoL Monk (Patch 2.6.4)
- Why no Litany of the Undaunted Builds? (patch 2.6.4)
- Thorns Crusader (Patch 2.6.4)
- Above Paragon level 397 (when you have 50 Core points), is Movement Speed on boots always sub-optimal?
- Meteor Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)