Roland's Sweep Attack Crusader Speed Farming Variation
On this page, we explain everything that is specific to the Speed Farming variant of Roland's Sweep Attack Crusader. Updated for patch 2.6.10 and Season 22.
The Rolands Sweep Attack Crusader deals with regular Rift farming decently all the way through the highest Torments, making it a viable build for the task. We have speed farming rankings if you want to know more about which builds are best for speed farming.
Within the limited scope of regular difficulties, the necessary damage and toughness to triumph over the enemy is significantly smaller. Thus, your best course of action is to improve utility and speed.
|Sweep Attack Gathering Sweep Condemn Vacuum 1 Steed Charge Endurance 2 Iron Skin Flash 3 Laws of Hope Wings of Angels 4 Akarat's Champion Prophet|
When you are speed farming regular rifts, parts of your playstyle will adapt to the lowered challenge and focus more on speed and utility.
During a standard rift run, the Sweep Crusader will keep Laws of Hope Wings of Angels running at all times and using Steed Charge from one elite pack to the next, quickly decimating it with Sweep Attack and proccing In-geom for the next round of cooldowns. Condemn Vacuum will serve a purpose similar to that in GRs — piling monsters on top of you for convenient destruction. Iron Skin and Akarat's Champion will still be cast on cooldown, as their utility and defensive bonuses are too valuable to pass up.
Parts of the skill and passive selection will overlap with the base Greater Rift progression build, but others will have to change according to the task at hand. Ability to cross over great distances faster and more efficiently take precedence.
- If you find yourself overkilling in damage in speed farming with Blazing Sweep, you make a switch to Gathering Sweep which will pair nicely with Condemn Vacuum to glue enemies in your range of attacks. Note that such a swap warrants a change of Fire elemental damage on gear to Holy, so adjust accordingly.
- In farming content, the resources you spend on an individual enemy pack will be significantly less, allowing you to focus on speed and utility in your Law selection in the face of Laws of Hope Wings of Angels.
- The remainder of your skill lineup — Steed Charge Endurance (your primary movement tool), Iron Skin Flash (auxiliary movement skill and protective value) and Akarat's Champion Prophet (your strongest self-buff) will remain unchanged between specs.
- Your passive lineup from progression brings excellent value during speed farming as well, so you can stay with Heavenly Strength, Indestructible, Finery and Long Arm of the Law. If you are doing bounties, you can consider dropping Indestructible for the improvement of Steed Charge uptime via Lord Commander.
You will still be taking advantage of the full 6-piece set bonuses of Rolands, incorporating 5 of the 6 available pieces according to your best rolls. The cubed Ring of Royal Grandeur allows you to tinker with additional bonuses, most notably the inclusion of the Sage's Journey set for Death's Breath farming. Take Sage's Ribbon and Sage's Passage for example, and then complete both bonuses with the RoRG.
When speed farming, the timing based nature of Convention of Elements will be misplaced, so you can swap to the consistent damage increase from a Stone of Jordan. It is also recommended to swap away from the Endless Walk set, as it promotes a static fighting style unfit for normal rifts; use the more offensive combo of Avarice Band and The Flavor of Time. Avarice Band's pickup radius bonus is an incredible boon during speed farming, as it benefits not only your movement speed through a socketed Boon of the Hoarder, but also negates downtime picking up progression orbs and gold. The recommended amulet is The Flavor of Time, whose revised legendary power now doubles the duration of Pylons, greatly smoothing out farming runs with these powerful bonuses.
To help you with farming the gear you need for your builds, we have two very useful guides that you can access by clicking the links below: a Salvage Guide to help you quickly check whether or not you can safely salvage a piece of gear and a Legendary Farming Guide to help you efficiently farm legendaries and set items.
Season 22 Modification
Due to the 4th Kanai's Cube slot in Season 22, replace Golden Flense and Denial as your worn weapon and offhand with the Norvald's Fervor set, Flail of the Charge and Shield of the Steed, for their additional damage multiplier. Move both of them to the Cube (one in the regular weapon power slot, and one in the 4th slot).
Bane of the Trapped remains a universally desired damage amplification gem.
During speed farming, Gogok of Swiftness will be a protective overkill and should be replaced by Boon of the Hoarder. The latter is a high utility gem that feeds you practically infinite gold, gives you a massive short-term speed boost while picking it up, and synergizes excellently with the worn Avarice Band for a sizable speed boost, and the cubed Goldwrap for near-invulnerability.
Since monster health is much more tame in the standard difficulties, you should also replace Bane of the Stricken with Bane of the Powerful for the consistent, easily sustained damage increase. If you overpower content so much that even Bane of the Powerful is unnecessary, you can consider using Wreath of Lightning for the extra speed.
|Torso and Pants||
For more information about gems, please refer to our guide on gems.
Adapting Kanai's Cube
Your Cube choices during normal rift farming will differ from those for Greater Rift progress, focusing heavily on utility and speed. In-geom should occupy the weapon slot, as its cooldown resets will come very handy and will happen with great frequency due to the fast elite kills in low difficulties. Synergizing with Boon of the Hoarder and Avarice Band, a cubed Goldwrap in the armor slot will render you practically invulnerable and allow you to focus on killing and looting without regards for your safety.
Lastly, in order to maintain the valuable 6-piece bonus of Rolands and 3-piece bonus of the Sage set, you will need to cube a Ring of Royal Grandeur in the jewelry slot.
Season 22 modifies the default recommendations above slightly. You will have to drop the In-geom to regain the valuable powers of Golden Flense, and slot Denial that you replaced from your offhand for the Norvald's Fervor set.
The Kanai's Cube can be used for much more than simply extracting Legendary powers from items. Please refer to our Kanai's Cube guide for more information.
- 18 Nov. 2020: Added S22 Cube recommendation and shifted the build to the spec temporarily made available by the season's powers.
- 30 Jun. 2020: No changes required for Season 21.
- 12 Mar. 2020: No changes necessary for Season 20.
- 19 Nov. 2019: Guide revised and updated for Season 19.
- 22 Aug. 2019: Item recommendations have been revised for Season 18.
- 15 May 2019: Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 31 Oct. 2017: Adjusted explanations following the shift of the main build to Fire damage.
- The New Battle.net Is Almost Here, Going Live in NA
- The Darkening of Tristram Returns January 3
- All Diablo 2 and Lord of Destruction Cinematics in 8K and 60 FPS
- Diablo Immortal Alpha Gameplay and a Detailed Review/Look at the Systems
- Merry Christmas from the Icy Veins Team!
- Blizzard Sending Out New Surveys About "Classic" Version of The Burning Crusade
- Activision Blizzard's Stock Reached All-Time Highs
- Diablo Immortal's Monetization Model Revealed