Unhallowed Essence Grenades Demon Hunter Speed Farming Variation
The Unhallowed Essence Grenades Demon Hunter deals with regular Rift farming decently all the way through the highest Torments, making it a viable build for the task. We have solo speed GR rankings and solo speed T16 rankings if you want to know more about which builds are best for speed farming.
Within the limited scope of regular difficulties, the necessary damage and toughness to triumph over the enemy is significantly smaller. Thus, your best course of action is to improve utility and speed.
|Grenade Cluster Grenades Shadow Power Shadow Glide 1 Vengeance Dark Heart 2 Vault Tumble 3 Companion Wolf Companion 4 Preparation Invigoration|
When you are speed farming regular rifts, parts of your playstyle will adapt to the lowered challenge and focus more on speed and utility.
In the place of the protection-oriented Fan of Knives Bladed Armor, the farming build takes the speed buff of Shadow Power Shadow Glide, and dives headfirst into the fray. The basics of the build are still the same — destroying the monsters with Grenade Cluster Grenades, while under the permanent protection of Vengeance Dark Heart. Vault will interplay with Tactical Advantage to allow you unparalleled movement speed. You will keep your resources in check with a mixture of Avarice Band-augmented pickup radius and its interaction with Blood Vengeance, and the worn Danetta's Hatred set.
Parts of the skill and passive selection will overlap with the base Greater Rift progression build, but others will have to change according to the task at hand. Ability to cross over great distances faster and more efficiently take precedence.
- Your DPS skill of choice remains Grenade Cluster Grenades, due to its superior damage dealing potential.
- A swap from Boar Companion to Wolf Companion is preferred during Torment farming.
- Vault is still a necessary addition, perhaps even more so during speed farming. Your best rune option to cross great distances is the cheap Tumble.
- Vengeance Dark Heart is an omnipresent self-buff in all versions of the build; so is Preparation Invigoration in an Unhallowed Essence set build.
- Fan of Knives Bladed Armor will be a defensive overkill in regular rifts, and is best replaced by the short movespeed buffs of Shadow Power Shadow Glide.
- During speed farming Cull the Weak, Numbing Traps and Awareness lose their progression-oriented luster, since Torment difficulties are limited in challenge. They are better replaced by utility and speed-oriented picks such as Tactical Advantage, Ambush and Blood Vengeance. Grenadier is universally useful in a Grenades build.
During Torment farm it is recommended to swap away from the Endless Walk set, as it promotes a static fighting style unfit for normal rifts; use the more offensive combo of Avarice Band and a The Flavor of Time. Avarice Band's pickup radius bonus is an incredible boon during speedfarming, as it benefits not only your movement speed through a socketed Boon of the Hoarder, but also negates downtime picking up progression orbs and gold. While any well-rolled amulet can fulfill the role for Torments, Squirt's Necklace brings an additional damage multiplier to the table, helping you with one-shotting enemies even more easily.
In speed farm, it is advisable to abandon the damage reduction from the Wraps of Clarity in favor of Warzechian Armguards, for the environment destruction speed buffs that are easily provided by the AoE of this build. The former favorites, the elite spawning Nemesis Bracers, are still very valuable, but they can now be equipped on the follower while still getting their bonus via the Emanate mechanics. You should still equip them in groups, where you cannot have a follower with you. The Nemesis Bracers value comes from the additional loot — not to mention progression — coming from the extra elite spawns. They let you finish standard rifts that much faster, and acquire the coveted GR keys in greater amounts.
Lastly, you should switch away from the toughness and utility-oriented weapon setup described above, and equip the Danetta set — Danetta's Revenge and Danetta's Spite instead. This hand crossbow duo provides unparalleled mobility by making Tumble a Hatred spender instead of Discipline, which is vital for normal rifts, and especially bounties.
To help you with farming the gear you need for your builds, we have two very useful guides that you can access by clicking the links below: a Salvage Guide to help you quickly check whether or not you can safely salvage a piece of gear and a Legendary Farming Guide to help you efficiently farm legendaries and set items.
In normal rifts, the third gem slot should be taken by Boon of the Hoarder. This high utility gem feeds you practically infinite gold and gives you a massive short-term speed boost while picking it up, automated via Avarice Band.
|Torso and Pants||
For more information about gems, please refer to our guide on gems.
Adapting Kanai's Cube
In order to maintain the valuable generator attack bonuses in the build, you will have to retain the progression setup in the armor Cube slot — either Hellcat Waistguard or Hunter's Wrath, depending on your worse rolled item. The same goes for Ring of Royal Grandeur in the jewelry slot, as it allows you to keep Depth Diggers alongside the Unhallowed Essence set bonuses.
The Kanai's Cube can be used for much more than simply extracting Legendary powers from items. Please refer to our Kanai's Cube guide for more information.
The recommended follower for this build during standard rift farming for keys is the Enchantress due to her numerous utility bonuses, allowing you to smooth out your speed runs even further.
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our Follower Guide, which contains detailed advice for choosing the skills and the gear of your follower.
The preferred potion for this build is Bottomless Potion of the Leech due to its Life per Hit bonuses, which synergize perfectly for the high attack speed and sustain-through-attacks playstyle of the build.
- 13 Apr. 2022: Guide reviewed for Season 26.
- 09 Dec. 2021: Added Season 25 Soul Shard recommendations.
- 21 Jul. 2021: No changes required for Season 24.
- 01 Apr. 2021: Minor gearing revision and added follower recommendation.
- 18 Nov. 2020: Added S22 Cube recommendation.
- 30 Jun. 2020: No changes required for Season 21.
- 12 Mar. 2020: No changes necessary for Season 20.
- 21 Nov. 2019: Overhauled the page for Season 19.
- 23 Aug. 2019: Flavor of Time is now the recommended amulet.
- Diablo Immortal Reaches Over 10 Million Downloads
- Diablo Immortal Hotfixes: June 6th
- Diablo Immortal Known Issues, Hotfixes, and Patch Notes for PC Open Beta
- Don't Forget to Turn on Auto Loot in Diablo: Immortal
- Diablo Immortal Blizzard Store Update and Health Potion Collector's Box
- New Diablo Immortal Wings and Pet in Diablo 3
- Diablo Immortal Guides and News Section Launch
- Diablo: Immortal Launch Guide: Global Release Times, PC Pre-Download and More