Unhallowed Essence Grenades Demon Hunter Speed Farming Variation
On this page, we explain everything that is specific to the Speed Farming variant of Unhallowed Essence Grenades Demon Hunter. Updated for patch 2.6.8 and Season 20.
The Unhallowed Essence Grenades Demon Hunter deals with regular Rift farming decently all the way through the highest Torments, making it a viable build for the task. We have speed farming rankings if you want to know more about which builds are best for speed farming.
Within the limited scope of regular difficulties, the necessary damage and toughness to triumph over the enemy is significantly smaller. Thus, your best course of action is to improve utility and speed.
|Grenade Cluster Grenades Shadow Power Shadow Glide 1 Vengeance Dark Heart 2 Vault Tumble 3 Companion Wolf Companion 4 Preparation Invigoration|
When you are speed farming regular rifts, parts of your playstyle will adapt to the lowered challenge and focus more on speed and utility.
In the place of the protection-oriented Fan of Knives Bladed Armor, the farming build takes the speed buff of Shadow Power Shadow Glide, and dives headfirst into the fray. The basics of the build are still the same — destroying the monsters with Grenade Cluster Grenades, while under the permanent protection of Vengeance Dark Heart. Vault will interplay with Tactical Advantage to allow you unparalleled movement speed. You will keep your resources in check with a mixture of Avarice Band-augmented pickup radius and its interaction with Blood Vengeance, and the worn Danetta's Hatred set.
Parts of the skill and passive selection will overlap with the base Greater Rift progression build, but others will have to change according to the task at hand. Ability to cross over great distances faster and more efficiently take precedence.
- Your DPS skill of choice remains Grenade Cluster Grenades, due to its superior damage dealing potential.
- A swap from Boar Companion to Wolf Companion is preferred during Torment farming.
- Vault is still a necessary addition, perhaps even more so during speed farming. Your best rune option to cross great distances is the cheap Tumble.
- Vengeance Dark Heart is an omnipresent self-buff in all versions of the build; so is Preparation Invigoration in an Unhallowed Essence set build.
- Fan of Knives Bladed Armor will be a defensive overkill in regular rifts, and is best replaced by the short movespeed buffs of Shadow Power Shadow Glide.
- During speed farming Cull the Weak, Numbing Traps and Awareness lose their progression-oriented luster, since Torment difficulties are limited in challenge. They are better replaced by utility and speed-oriented picks such as Tactical Advantage, Ambush and Blood Vengeance. Grenadier is universally useful in a Grenades build.
During Torment farm it is recommended to swap away from the Endless Walk set, as it promotes a static fighting style unfit for normal rifts; use the more offensive combo of Avarice Band and a The Flavor of Time. Avarice Band's pickup radius bonus is an incredible boon during speedfarming, as it benefits not only your movement speed through a socketed Boon of the Hoarder, but also negates downtime picking up progression orbs and gold. While any well-rolled amulet can fulfill the role for Torments, The Flavor of Time doubles the duration of pylon pick ups, resulting in lightning-fast clears of entire rifts well within the buff duration.
In the limited challenges of standard difficulties, the defenses of Wraps of Clarity are likely to be excessive and can be comfortably replaced with a utility legendary like Nemesis Bracers or Warzechian Armguards, as they both speed up your clears — the former with more frequent elites, and the latter with environment destruction speed boosts.
Lastly, you should switch away from the toughness and utility-oriented weapon setup described above, and equip the Danetta set — Danetta's Revenge and Danetta's Spite instead. This hand crossbow duo provides unparalleled mobility by making Tumble a Hatred spender instead of Discipline, which is vital for normal rifts, and especially bounties.
To help you with farming the gear you need for your builds, we have two very useful guides that you can access by clicking the links below: a Salvage Guide to help you quickly check whether or not you can safely salvage a piece of gear and a Legendary Farming Guide to help you efficiently farm legendaries and set items.
In normal rifts, the third gem slot should be taken by Boon of the Hoarder. This high utility gem feeds you practically infinite gold and gives you a massive short-term speed boost while picking it up, automated via Avarice Band.
|Torso and Pants||
Adapting Kanai's Cube
In order to maintain the valuable generator attack bonuses in the build, you will have to retain the progression setup in the armor Cube slot — either Hellcat Waistguard or Hunter's Wrath, depending on your worse rolled item. The same goes for Ring of Royal Grandeur in the jewelry slot, as it allows you to keep Depth Diggers alongside the Unhallowed Essence set bonuses.
- 12 Mar. 2020: No changes necessary for Season 20.
- 21 Nov. 2019: Overhauled the page for Season 19.
- 23 Aug. 2019: Flavor of Time is now the recommended amulet.
- Challenge Rift 144 Guides
- Blizzard Provides Staff with Care Packages During Lockdown
- Rod Ferguson's Diablo 4 Tweets, Art Director Images
- Challenge Rift 143 Guides
- Best Starter Builds for Path of Exile: Delirium
- Blizzard Implementing Work from Home Policy Due to Coronavirus
- How to Launch Diablo 3 Without the Battle.net Client
- All Class Guides for Diablo 3 Season 20, Patch 2.6.8
- LoD Hydra Wizard
- Monk Sunwuko Set Dungeon
- PoJ Tempest Rush Monk
- Holy Shotgun Crusader (Patch 2.6.4)
- Uliana Monk (Patch 2.6.4)
- LoN Blood Nova Necromancer (Patch 2.6.5)
- LoD Poison Nova Necromancer
- WoL Monk (Patch 2.6.4)