DMO Arcane Orbit Wizard Speed Farming Variation
Normal Rift Speed Farming Variation
The DMO Arcane Orbit Wizard can deal reasonably well with Normal Rift farming all the way through the highest Torment difficulties. The build variation suffers from minor inconveniences compared to top tier speed farming builds, chiefly in the necessity to drop manual Slow Times on the battlefield in order to deal meaningful damage. We have speed farming rankings if you want to know more about which builds are best for speed farming.
Within the limited scope of regular difficulties, the necessary damage and toughness to triumph over the enemy is significantly smaller. Thus, your best course of action is to improve utility and speed.
|Spectral Blade Flame Blades Teleport Safe Passage 1 Diamond Skin Prism 2 Slow Time Exhaustion 3 Explosive Blast Chain Reaction 4 Storm Armor Scramble|
In contrast with the progression spec, the power of the speedfarming variation comes from the relentless Explosive Blast spam, augmented by the powers of Wand of Woh, Orb of Infinite Depth and the Slow Time amplification from the DMO set. To keep up its costs, you will be spamming Diamond Skin Prism, whose cooldown is effectively negated by In-geom procs. As a minor inconvenience of the playstyle (compared to a Flashfire build, for example) is the need to pay attention and drop Slow Time on top of every engagement. You will use Teleport for active maneuvering, and Storm Armor Scramble passively in the background for its movespeed procs. Lastly, you can use any primary skill of your liking to proc the generator requirement of the Focus and Restraint rings.
The following skill selection alterations will be necessary:
- Since the speedfarming spec completely switches away from the progression build's Arcane Orbit focus, replace Arcane Orb altogether with the resource management powerhouse of Diamond Skin Prism. Achieving permanent uptime through In-geom procs, this utility cooldown will reduce costs of all skills by the impressive 9 Arcane Power, allowing for the trademark Explosive Blast spam of Wand of Woh builds.
- Alternate the Spectral Blade rune to the minor damage amplifier of Flame Blades.
- Increase damage against enemies in the Slow Time radius by swapping to the Time Warp rune.
- In speedrunning, Teleport is equally vital to cut down rift clear times — so cover more ground with Wormhole.
- Goldwrap plus Boon of the Hoarder combo will take care of protection, so you should swap Ice Armor Crystallize for the reliable movement speed boost of Storm Armor Scramble.
- In the passives, remember that during speedfarming the Explosive Blast spam spec completely negates the benefits of the controlled DPS, progression-oriented Arcane Dynamo passive. Replace it with Evocation to further reduce time between detonations and other important cooldowns.
The biggest and most important swap in speedfarming is, of course, the weapon: instead of the Unstable Scepter, you will use the dedicated Explosive Blast legendary Wand of Woh. As a tip to circumvent the rarity of the item, it is recommended that you collect and/or craft rare level 70 Wands (Sovereign Diabolic Wand) in bulk at the Blacksmith, and then use the Upgrade Rare recipe in Kanai's Cube. The Hope of Cain recipe (1 rare item, 50 of white, blue and yellow crafting materials) will only produce legendary wands, cutting down all other one handers in the RNG pool that you would have to deal with through regular gambling at Kadala.
Understandably, both the buildup mechanic of the Endless Walk set and cycling damage bonuses of Convention of Elements are unfit for the speedy Torment difficulties, where they are best replaced by the Bastions of Will set, Focus and Restraint. These rings excel at all-out offense by offering a 2.25 independent damage multiplier as long as you alternate between a primary and spender attacks — which you do by alternating between Explosive Blast and Spectral Blade. These speedrun rings are best completed with a Hellfire Amulet of Intelligence, as it allows you to include another farm-appropriate passive like Glass Cannon.
While The Shame of Delsere bonus will be vital in Greater Rift pushes to maintain the damage reduction of a cubed Aquila Cuirass, your protection in normal rifts will be taken care of by Goldwrap. The latter supplies you with practically infinite Toughness on a good Boon of the Hoarder gold streak.
Defensive precautions like Ancient Parthan Defenders will be overkill in normal rifts; they should be replaced by the speed boosts of Warzechian Armguards. The former favorite for the slot, Nemesis Bracers, are still valuable for the build — they should be equipped on your follower, who will transfer their power over to you via the Emanate mechanic.
To help you with farming the gear you need for your builds, we have two very useful guides that you can access by clicking the links below: a Salvage Guide to help you quickly check whether or not you can safely salvage a piece of gear and a Legendary Farming Guide to help you efficiently farm legendaries and set items.
In Torment runs, Esoteric Alteration's slot is best taken by Boon of the Hoarder, whose interaction with the cubed Avarice Band and worn Goldwrap will keep you rich, safe and sped up throughout the run.
|Torso and Pants||
For more information about gems, please refer to our guide on gems.
Adapting Kanai's Cube
The weapon slot should be taken up by In-geom for the potent 10-second cut of important cooldowns.
Tucked away in the armor slot of the Cube, Krelm's Buff Belt will provide you with another source off increased movement speed during speed farming.
During regular rifts, swap the jewelry slot into the Act III cache legendary ring Avarice Band. Its unique property extends your pickup radius up to the massive 30 yards for a generous 10-second period. Triggered, maximized and constantly refreshed from the endless stream of Boon of the Hoarder gold, the ring and the gem will keep you sped up and invulnerable from the worn Goldwrap.
The recommended follower for this build during standard rift farming for keys is the Enchantress due to her numerous utility bonuses, allowing you to smooth out your speed runs even further.
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our Follower Guide, which contains detailed advice for choosing the skills and the gear of your follower.
Your recommended potion is Bottomless Potion of the Tower, whose Armor-increasing properties complement the naturally high All Resistances stat of Wizards (due to Intelligence scaling Resistances) for optimal survivability.
- 02 Apr. 2021: Added follower recommendation.
- 20 Nov. 2020: Added Cube recommendations for Season 22.
- 01 Jul. 2020: No changes required for Season 21.
- 12 Mar. 2020: No changes necessary for Season 20.
- 22 Nov. 2019: Reviewed for Season 19.
- 23 Aug. 2019: Reviewed and approved for Season 18.
- All Class Skills for Amazon, Barbarian and Sorceress in Action in Diablo 2: Ressurected
- First Dupes Found on Diablo 2: Resurrected Alpha
- Korean Diablo 2: Resurrected Alpha to Be Extended, Possibly in the West as Well?
- Diablo 2: Resurrected in Ultrawide 32:9, 5120x1440
- Blizzard Begins Monthly Collectible Series for 30th Anniversary with Lich King Statue & Concept Art Print
- Diablo II Resurrected Technical Alpha Starting April 8th
- Signs of the Diablo 2: Resurrected Alpha: Korean Test Announced
- Razor Strop Fix for Game Freezes and Connection issues