Furious Charge Barbarian Speed Farming Variation
On this page, we explain everything that is specific to the Speed Farming variant of Furious Charge Barbarian. Updated for patch 2.6.4 and Season 16.
1. Normal Rift Speed Farming Variation
The Furious Charge Barbarian deals with Normal Rift farming excellently, and can only suffer minor setbacks during Bounty farming from single target boss bounties, where the build slows down.
Within the limited scope of regular difficulties, the necessary damage and toughness to triumph over the enemy is significantly smaller. Thus, your best course of action is to improve utility and speed.
2. Adapting Skills
|Furious Charge Stamina Ancient Spear Boulder Toss 1 Battle Rage Ferocity 2 Sprint Marathon 3 Wrath of the Berserker Insanity 4 Call of the Ancients Together as One|
In the skill selection, you will accomplish that by:
- During speed farming, change the Battle Rage rune to Ferocity to add to your upfront burst (through the cubed Standoff legendary power). This rune has the added benefit of getting you from one fight to the next faster.
- In your passives, Brawler can replace Ruthless when you start oneshotting enemies in your chosen difficulty, since the latter only shines in prolonged combat.
- You can also change the flexible fourth passive slot from progression staples like Nerves of Steel to the globe-consuming Pound of Flesh to bolster your mobility and upfront damage.
3. Adapting Gear
When speed farming, you can alternate the bracer slot with Skular's Salvation (in an Ancient Spear variant) or Bracers of Destruction (in a Seismic Slam variant). Both bracers heavily augment your spender damage, adding to your upfront burst.
The progression-oriented Convention of Elements should be dropped from your jewelry during speed farming, since the Rift's ease makes the timing of that ring obsolete. In its stead, use Stone of Jordan of an element appropriate to your main damaging skill. On an well optimized endgame character (mid to high paragons, well rolled gear), you can also replace the generic safety of Band of Might for the utility of Avarice Band (and its synergy with Boon of the Hoarder).
4. Adapting Gemming
|Torso and Pants||
5. Adapting Kanai's Cube
- 31 Oct. 2017: Jewelry update.
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #38
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode 37
- Season 17 Pushed Back to May + All Season Durations
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode 36
- Activision Blizzard Q4 2018 Earnings Call & Layoffs
- Activision Blizzard Layoffs to Be Announced Soon?
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #35
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #34
- Why no Litany of the Undaunted Builds? (patch 2.6.4)
- LoN Star Pact Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)
- Twister Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)
- Whirlwind Barbarian (Patch 2.6.4)
- Rathma Mages Necromancer (Patch 2.6.4)
- Condemn Crusader (Patch 2.6.4)
- WoL Monk (Patch 2.6.4)
- Is Corpse Lance the most powerful build we have for Necromancer?