Monk Patterns of Justice Fresh 70 Starter Build (Patch 2.7.1 / Season 24)
Fresh 70 Build
|Blinding Flash Faith in the Light Tempest Rush Tailwind 1 Sweeping Wind Inner Storm 2 Dashing Strike Way of the Falling Star 3 Exploding Palm Impending Doom 4 Cyclone Strike Implosion|
How to Play the Build: Skills and Rotation
The Patterns of Justice set introduces you to a huge array of buffs early on, with the 2-piece set bonus giving you all the runes of Sweeping Wind to play with. This forces you to learn to manage its uptime of the skill early on, and not let the valuable buffs drop. For the sake of example, we have selected the rune Inner Storm for its Spirit restoration effect, but you will also gain the crowd control of Master of Wind, the radius increase of Fire Storm, and the vortexing effect of Cyclone — making for a formidable, utility-packed slot.
As early as the 4-piece, you will be forced to learn the other main mechanic of the set, namely — Tempest Rushing, and the associated resource management needs. To counterbalance its Spirit consumption, it will reward you with equally valuable regeneration effect and will cut incoming damage in half. Later on, you will get a massive damage dealt when you obtain the 6-piece bonus. For starters, take the Tailwind rune to improve farming speed.
Since it is fairly unlikely that Tempest Rush damage will be enough early on, we advise that you get a supplementary source of power on top. A popular of early game extra damage is Exploding Palm Impending Doom, plus the powers of Gungdo Gear — one of the easiest, most accessible gambles for Monks. You will simply have to tag a smaller trash mob with the skill and Tempest Rush it down, causing a chain reaction of detonations that will greatly improve your performance in fights. Other options for the same purpose depend on your luck and drops — i.e. if you get an early Pinto's Pride, simply adapt this slot into Wave of Light Explosive Light. If you get Cesar's Memento, you can even stick to just Tempest Rushing.
The remainder of your skillset is spread between utility and buffs. Cyclone Strike Implosion will ease grouping of enemies for your Tempest Rush barrage, while Dashing Strike Way of the Falling Star will take you across great distances with its double charges and temporary speed buff. Blinding Flash Faith in the Light can simply be perceived as an additional damage bonus, but if you happen upon a Cesar's Memento, it will become a major addition to your rotation.
Gear and Builds Using This Set
The build above is specifically created not to require any additional sets or legendary items. In order to transition to a late game-oriented spec using the same set, we have a rough list of high priority items to obtain, as well as a link to the build they pertain to.
- Patterns of Justice Tempest Rush Build — Balance (2h Daibo), Won Khim Lau (1h Fist Weapon), Cesar's Memento (Bracers), Lefebvre's Soliloquy (Shoulders).
- 23 Jul. 2021: Reviewed for Season 24.
- 02 Apr. 2021: Reviewed for Season 23.
- 20 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- Icy Veins Black Friday Giveaway!
- Activision Blizzard Announces Formation of a Workplace Responsibility Committee
- Diablo 3 Season 24 End Date: December 5th
- The Reason Behind Jen Oneal's Departure, Bobby Kotick's Knowledge of Previous Sexual Misconduct Allegations: A Wall Street Journal Report
- Diablo 3 Season 25 PTR Is Live + Updated Patch Notes
- Season 25 Compendium for Diablo 3
- Better Working Conditions for ABK Contract Workers
- All 7 Diablo 3 Season 25 Soul Shards Detailed + Hellforge Embers