Monk Sunwuko Lashing Tail Kick Build
Welcome to our build guide for SWK LTK Monk in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.4 and Season 16.General Information
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our follower guide, which contains detailed advice on choosing the skills and the gear of your companion.
Following several set reworks and the addition of a handful synergistic items over the course of the Patch 2.4 lifetime, Lashing Tail Kick finally came into form for Patch 2.4.2. This high speed, visceral melee spec is available in three Greater Rift solo progression and a regular Rift farming variation, explained in that order.
2. Quick Reference
2.1. Skill Setup
The basic skill setup of the Lashing Tail Kick Monk is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Way of the Hundred Fists Assimilation Lashing Tail Kick Vulture Claw Kick 1 Epiphany Desert Shroud 2 Sweeping Wind Inner Storm 3 Dashing Strike Blinding Speed 4 Mantra of Salvation Agility|
|Lashing Tail Kick Sweeping Armada Dashing Strike Way of the Falling Star 1 Epiphany Desert Shroud 2 Sweeping Wind Inner Storm 3 Blinding Flash Faith in the Light 4 Mantra of Conviction Annihilation|
3.1. Gear Setup
The required gear setup for the Sunwuko Lashing Tail Kick Monk is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution. It also includes detailed explanations for Season 16 adjustments.
- Helm: Gyana Na Kashu
- Shoulders: Sunwuko's Balance
- Gloves: Sunwuko's Paws
- Chest: Sunwuko's Soul
- Belt: The Witching Hour
- Pants: Sunwuko's Leggings
- Boots: Rivera Dancers
- Bracers: Spirit Guards
- Amulet: Sunwuko's Shines
- Ring 1: Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac
- Ring 2: Unity
- Weapon: Vengeful Wind
- Offhand: Scarbringer
3.2. Legendary Gems
- Legendary Gem 1: Bane of the Trapped
- Legendary Gem 2: Bane of the Stricken
- Legendary Gem 3: Gogok of Swiftness
3.3. Kanai's Cube
- Weapon Slot: Rabid Strike
- Armor Slot: Cindercoat
- Jewelry Slot: Ring of Royal Grandeur (or Convention of Elements in Season 16)
4. Role in the Current Meta
This build is ranked as a Mid Tier solo pushing build for its class in the current Season. If you are looking for a strong build that will easily finish the Seasonal Journey, but do not necessarily care for high leaderboard placement, consider using this build.
This build is oriented mostly at solo Rifting (Greater and Normal). Due to its mediocre mobility on long distances, it is not recommended for Bounties. It is also not recommended for group Greater Rifts past the point where every party member can handle the content on his own.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Added suggestions for the baseline Ring of Royal Grandeur for Seasonal characters.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 28 Oct. 2017 (skills page): Updated skills to reflect the build switching to Sunwuko in Patch 2.6.1.
- 28 Oct. 2017 (this page): Revised the guide to reflect the dominance of the Sunwuko set for the build in this patch.
- 28 Oct. 2017 (gear page): Switched to Sunwuko set for Patch 2.6.1.
- 30 Jun. 2017 (this page): Updated for Patch 2.6 and moved to new guide format.
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode 36
- Activision Blizzard Q4 2018 Earnings Call & Layoffs
- Activision Blizzard Layoffs to Be Announced Soon?
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #35
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #34
- Deadset's Guide Compendium for Season 16 / Patch 2.6.4
- Four New Collectible Blizzard Books Coming This Fall
- 2.6.4 Is Now Live + Patch Notes
- Twister Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)
- Why no Litany of the Undaunted Builds? (patch 2.6.4)
- Crusader Akkhan Set Dungeon
- Necromancer Trag'Oul Set Dungeon
- Thorns Crusader (Patch 2.6.4)
- Fever Clan recruiting for Season
- Support Necromancer (Patch 2.6.4)
- Frozen Orb Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)