SWK LTK Monk Speed Farming Variation
On this page, we explain everything that is specific to the Speed Farming variant of SWK LTK Monk. Updated for patch 2.6.9 and Season 21.
The Sunwuko LTK Monk deals with regular Rift farming decently all the way through the highest Torments, making it a viable build for the task. We have speed farming rankings if you want to know more about which builds are best for speed farming.
Within the limited scope of regular difficulties, the necessary damage and toughness to triumph over the enemy is significantly smaller. Thus, your best course of action is to improve utility and speed.
|Lashing Tail Kick Sweeping Armada Dashing Strike Radiance 1 Epiphany Insight 2 Sweeping Wind Inner Storm 3 Mystic Ally Air Ally 4 Mantra of Conviction Annihilation|
When you are speed farming regular rifts, parts of your playstyle will adapt to the lowered challenge and focus more on speed and utility.
Similarly to all Sunwuko builds, this LTK variant begins runs by activating Sweeping Wind, which should be kept up throughout the rift. Use your superior mobility from the Dashing Strike and Mantra of Conviction Annihilation combo to seek out enemies, destroying them in one fell swoop with the greater AoE of Lashing Tail Kick Sweeping Armada . Your Spirit needs will be taken care of with a combination of Epiphany Insight's immense passive regeneration and the active pop of Air Ally; you will make up the loss of toughness from losing Desert Shroud via Goldwrap.
For speedfarming purposes, an alteration can be made as early as the main spender — swapping your Lashing Tail Kick rune from the progression oriented, DoT-based Vulture Claw Kick to the wide, comfortable AoE of Sweeping Armada .
Other good alterations include:
- Exchanging the Way of the Hundred Fists generator for Mystic Ally in order to obtain the valuable passive Spirit regeneration and active refill from the Air Ally rune.
- Replacing the survivability of Mantra of Salvation Agility for Mantra of Conviction. Its base additive damage increase is welcome, but negligible compared to the movement speed utility of the Annihilation rune — which also affects the entire party, reinforcing its value when grouping up.
- On Dashing Strike, swapping the survivability of Blinding Speed for more utility the faster casting (due to the IAS increase) Radiance.
- Last but not least, you can consider dropping Near Death Experience from your passives for content-appropriate options like Exalted Soul to gain more resource leeway for LTK spamming.
You will still be taking advantage of the full 6-piece set bonuses of Sunwuko, incorporating the same set split as you would in progression — but instead of wearing Gyana Na Kashu and Rivera Dancers as complementary items, you will be including the Sage's Journey set for Death's Breath farming. Take Sage's Apogee and Sage's Passage, and then complete both the SWK and Sage set bonuses with a Ring of Royal Grandeur in the Cube.
Both the cooldown-over-time resets of Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac and the damage reduction of Unity greatly diminish in usefulness during Normal Rift farming. That progresion-oriented jewelry will be better replaced by a split between a Physical damage Stone of Jordan (for the permanent damage increase) and an Avarice Band (for the synergy with Goldwrap and Boon of the Hoarder).
You should also trade the excessive protection of Spirit Guards for Nemesis Bracers, whose elite spawning property will both shorten the time to the Guardian fight and provide a consistent stream of In-geom procs.
To help you with farming the gear you need for your builds, we have two very useful guides that you can access by clicking the links below: a Salvage Guide to help you quickly check whether or not you can safely salvage a piece of gear and a Legendary Farming Guide to help you efficiently farm legendaries and set items.
In normal rifts, the third gem slot should be taken by Boon of the Hoarder. This high utility gem feeds you practically infinite gold and gives you a massive short-term speed boost while picking it up, automated by a worn Avarice Band. It will also render you practically invulnerable through a worn Goldwrap.
|Torso and Pants||
For more information about gems, please refer to our guide on gems.
Adapting Kanai's Cube
During speedruns, In-geom shines over your other options by cutting 10 seconds off all your cooldowns after killing an elite, essentially nullifying resource and mobility concerns for a generous 15-second period — usually enough to keep the procs going.
In order to leave room for the Sage's set during farming, the valuable damage multiplication of Rivera Dancers will have to move to the armor slot of the Cube.
Lastly, in order to maintain the valuable 6-piece bonus of Sunwuko and 3-piece bonus of the Sage set, you will need to cube a Ring of Royal Grandeur in the jewelry slot.
The Kanai's Cube can be used for much more than simply extracting Legendary powers from items. Please refer to our Kanai's Cube guide for more information.
- 01 Jul. 2020: No changes required for Season 21.
- 12 Mar. 2020: No changes necessary for Season 20.
- 21 Nov. 2019: Overhaul of speed farming build to include the Sage's set for farming. Updated for Season 19.
- 23 Aug. 2019: Reviewed for Season 18.
- Possible Diablo 3 Season 22 Delay and Diablo 4 Q3 Update
- Diablo Lilith Statue Arrives to Buyers Ahead of October 16
- Remastered Diablo Intro Cinematic
- 10,000+ Stacks of the Seasonal Buff, With No End in Sight! Wudijo Goes Crazy Stackin'
- Double Bounties Buff Only Available to Seasonal Characters
- S21 Rank 1 4-man GR 150 Runs for US, EU and Asia: Sub-4 Minute Achieved!
- The Pacifist Run: Player Finishes Diablo 3 Story Without Doing Anything (No Attacking, Abilities or Followers)
- Diablo PC Review from 1997
- Masquerade Bone Spear Necromancer
- Mundunugu Spirit Barrage Witch Doctor
- What is the best class for doing lots of GR (greater rifts)
- PoJ Tempest Rush Monk
- Holy Shotgun Crusader (Patch 2.6.4)
- Monk Inna's Mantra Set Dungeon
- Archon Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)
- Impale Demon Hunter (Patch 2.6.4)