Monk Sunwuko Lashing Tail Kick Build
Welcome to our build guide for SWK LTK Monk in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.5 and Season 17.
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our follower guide, which contains detailed advice on choosing the skills and the gear of your companion.
Following several set reworks and the addition of a handful synergistic items over the course of the Patch 2.4 lifetime, Lashing Tail Kick finally came into form for Patch 2.4.2. This high speed, visceral melee spec is available in three Greater Rift solo progression and a regular Rift farming variation, explained in that order.
2. Quick Reference
2.1. Skill Setup
The basic skill setup of the Lashing Tail Kick Monk is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Way of the Hundred Fists Assimilation Lashing Tail Kick Vulture Claw Kick 1 Epiphany Desert Shroud 2 Sweeping Wind Inner Storm 3 Dashing Strike Blinding Speed 4 Mantra of Salvation Agility|
|Lashing Tail Kick Sweeping Armada Dashing Strike Way of the Falling Star 1 Epiphany Desert Shroud 2 Sweeping Wind Inner Storm 3 Blinding Flash Faith in the Light 4 Mantra of Conviction Annihilation|
3.1. Gear Setup
The required gear setup for the Sunwuko Lashing Tail Kick Monk is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution.
- Helm: Gyana Na Kashu
- Shoulders: Sunwuko's Balance
- Gloves: Sunwuko's Paws
- Chest: Sunwuko's Soul
- Belt: The Witching Hour
- Pants: Sunwuko's Leggings
- Boots: Rivera Dancers
- Bracers: Spirit Guards
- Amulet: Sunwuko's Shines
- Ring 1: Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac
- Ring 2: Unity
- Weapon: Vengeful Wind
- Offhand: Scarbringer
3.2. Legendary Gems
- Legendary Gem 1: Bane of the Trapped
- Legendary Gem 2: Bane of the Stricken
- Legendary Gem 3: Gogok of Swiftness
3.3. Kanai's Cube
- 16 May 2019 (gear page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 16 May 2019 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 16 May 2019 (skills page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Added suggestions for the baseline Ring of Royal Grandeur for Seasonal characters.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 28 Oct. 2017 (this page): Revised the guide to reflect the dominance of the Sunwuko set for the build in this patch.
- 28 Oct. 2017 (skills page): Updated skills to reflect the build switching to Sunwuko in Patch 2.6.1.
- 28 Oct. 2017 (gear page): Switched to Sunwuko set for Patch 2.6.1.
- 30 Jun. 2017 (this page): Updated for Patch 2.6 and moved to new guide format.
- UE Multishot Demon Hunter (Patch 2.6.4)
- Necromancer Corpse Lance LON
- Farming/Crafting/Upgrading Gems
- Patch buffed gear question.
- LoN LTK Monk
- Wizard question
- Follower Guide
- Tempest Rush Monk (Patch 2.6.4)