Necromancer Skeletal Mages Build With Rathma and Jesseth Sets
Welcome to our build guide for Rathma Skeletal Mages Necromancer in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.4 and Season 16.General Information
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our follower guide, which contains detailed advice on choosing the skills and the gear of your companion.
Drawing from the minion-related powers of the Bones of Rathma set, this Necromancer build gorges on the Essence of the surrounding corpses and unleashes its power through mighty Skeletal Mage summons. This deliberate, skeleton-heavy, summoner playstyle is available in both Greater Rift solo progression, GR speed and regular Rift farming variations, explained in that order.
2. Video Guide
The following video guide was created to accompany the present written guide and demonstrate how to play the build in-game.
3. Quick Reference
3.1. Skill Setup
The basic skill setup of the Rathma Skeletal Mage Necromancer is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Bone Spikes Sudden Impact Skeletal Mage Singularity 1 Devour Cannibalize 2 Land of the Dead Frozen Lands 3 Command Skeletons Freezing Grasp 4 Simulacrum Reservoir|
|Decrepify Borrowed Time Skeletal Mage Singularity 1 Blood Rush Potency 2 Devour Satiated 3 Simulacrum Reservoir 4 Bone Armor Dislocation|
|Blood Rush Metabolism Skeletal Mage Skeleton Archer 1 Devour Devouring Aura 2 Land of the Dead Frozen Lands 3 Command Skeletons Freezing Grasp 4 Frailty Aura of Frailty|
4.1. Gear Setup
The required gear setup for the Rathma Skeletal Mage Necromancer is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution. It also includes detailed explanations for Season 16 adjustments.
- Helm: Rathma's Skull Helm
- Shoulders: Rathma's Spikes
- Gloves: Rathma's Macabre Vambraces (or Tasker and Theo in Season 16)
- Chest: Rathma's Ribcage Plate
- Belt: The Witching Hour
- Pants: Rathma's Skeletal Legplates
- Boots: Rathma's Ossified Sabatons
- Bracers: Reaper's Wraps
- Amulet: Haunted Visions
- Ring 1: Convention of Elements
- Ring 2: Krysbin's Sentence
- Weapon: Jesseth Skullscythe
- Offhand: Jesseth Skullshield
4.2. Legendary Gems
- Legendary Gem 1: Enforcer
- Legendary Gem 2: Bane of the Trapped
- Legendary Gem 3: Zei's Stone of Vengeance
4.3. Kanai's Cube
- Weapon Slot: Reilena's Shadowhook
- Armor Slot: Tasker and Theo (or Requiem Cereplate in Season 16)
- Jewelry Slot: Circle of Nailuj's Evol
5. Role in the Current Meta
This build is ranked as a High Tier solo pushing build for its class in the current Season. If high leaderboard position without strict adherence to the meta is attractive to you, consider using this build.
This build is oriented mostly at solo Rifting (Greater and Normal). Due to its mediocre mobility on long distances, it is not recommended for Bounties. It is also not recommended for group Greater Rifts past the point where every party member can handle the content on his own.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Added suggestions for the baseline Ring of Royal Grandeur for Seasonal characters.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 26 Nov. 2017 (group speed grs variant page): Variation added.
- 27 Oct. 2017 (gear page): Revised belt and jewelry recommendations for Patch 2.6.1.
- 27 Oct. 2017 (speed farming variant page): Adapted variant to the changes we made to the gear page.
- 27 Oct. 2017 (skills page): Adjusted skill selection according to the buffs in Patch 2.6.1.
- 27 Oct. 2017 (this page): Revised the guide to reflect its Patch 2.6.1 buffs.
- 17 Jul. 2017 (gear page): Guide updated with improved skill and gearing recommendations.
- 17 Jul. 2017 (skills page): Guide updated with improved skill and gearing recommendations.
- 17 Jul. 2017 (this page): Guide updated with improved skill and gearing recommendations.
- 17 Jul. 2017 (speed farming variant page): Guide updated with improved skill and gearing recommendations.
- 07 Jul. 2017 (skills page): Skill recommendations updated.
- 05 Jul. 2017 (gear page): Gear recommendations updated.
- 26 Jun. 2017 (this page): Guide added.
- Activision Blizzard Q4 2018 Earnings Call & Layoffs
- Activision Blizzard Layoffs to Be Announced Soon?
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #35
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #34
- Deadset's Guide Compendium for Season 16 / Patch 2.6.4
- Four New Collectible Blizzard Books Coming This Fall
- 2.6.4 Is Now Live + Patch Notes
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode 33
- Soul Harvest Witch Doctor (Patch 2.6.4)
- Necromancer Pestilence Set Dungeon
- Zunimassa and williken's fetish army
- WoL Monk (Patch 2.6.4)
- Why no Litany of the Undaunted Builds? (patch 2.6.4)
- Thorns Crusader (Patch 2.6.4)
- Above Paragon level 397 (when you have 50 Core points), is Movement Speed on boots always sub-optimal?
- Meteor Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)