Rathma Skeletal Mages Necromancer Group Speed GRs Variation
On this page, we explain everything that is specific to the Group Speed GRs variant of Rathma Skeletal Mages Necromancer. Updated for patch 2.6.10 and Season 22.
Greater Rift Group Speedfarm
The Rathma Skeletal Mage Necromancer can be adapted to be a group Greater Rift speed farmer, especially when coupled with an appropriate team composition of Support Necromancer and Support Barbarian. The build deviates in some ways from the base solo progression spec, most notably in weaponry and its approach to fights.
In post-Season 16, this group-oriented Rathma ("Rat") build lost its place in 4-man speed farming GRs, since stronger setups and builds demanded a different party composition. The build is removed from the menus, but is left on the site for documentation purposes.
|Decrepify Borrowed Time Skeletal Mage Singularity 1 Blood Rush Potency 2 Devour Satiated 3 Simulacrum Reservoir 4 Bone Armor Dislocation|
In the skill selection, you will accomplish that by:
- Replacing Command Skeletons with Bone Armor Dislocation. This change is mandated by the swap from the slower, progression-oriented Jesseth set, to the easier maintenance and comparable damage increase of Scythe of the Cycle.
- Since your Essence generation will be taken care of by the stream of health globes fed to you by your Support Necro teammate, you will take the generator Bone Spikes out of the build. In its place, run Decrepify Borrowed Time for the extra Simulacrum CDR and Dayntee's Binding protection.
- Land of the Dead uptime will be provided constantly by your Support Necro teammate, so you can safely swap this humongous cooldown for the movement utility of Blood Rush Potency.
- Again, due to the streak of health globes provided by the Support Necro, you can swap Life from Death for the extra Simulacrum CDR of Blood is Power.
Most importantly, you will be swapping away the solo progression Jesseth set ( Jesseth Skullscythe and Jesseth Skullshield) for the speedrun-oriented Scythe of the Cycle, paired with your best rolled phylactery offhand. The particular phylactery choice does not matter, since there are not any synergistic offhands for this setup.
Earlier in a Season, you might find that a protective Dayntee's Binding is a better use of your waist slot, to minimize the chances of random oneshots from a highly damaging affix or projectile. Later on, you can revert to the increased damage of The Witching Hour as you grow confident with the build.
To help you with farming the gear you need for your builds, we have two very useful guides that you can access by clicking the links below: a Salvage Guide to help you quickly check whether or not you can safely salvage a piece of gear and a Legendary Farming Guide to help you efficiently farm legendaries and set items.
Adapting Kanai's Cube
The Weapon slot in the Cube will be occupied by Reilena's Shadowhook, whose power scales your damage multiplicatively based on your maximum Essence. This places a strong emphasis on expanding your resource pool via Overwhelming Essence, maxing resource in Paragons and attaining a high max Essence in the secondary stats of Jesseth Skullscythe.
A long-standing pet staple, Tasker and Theo are cubed in the Armor slot for their 50% multiplicative Attck Speed bonus to your summons.
During Season 22, you are able to add Trag'Oul's Corroded Fang in the fourth slot of the Cube, and enjoy its damage multiplication benefits via the curses you spread.
- 19 Nov. 2020: Added S22 Cube recommendation.
- 02 Jul. 2020: No changes required for Season 21.
- 12 Mar. 2020: No changes necessary for Season 20.
- 22 Nov. 2019: Reviewed for Season 19.
- 23 Aug. 2019: Reviewed and approved for Season 18.
- 12 May 2019: Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17; its group GR speed farming variant has been archived.
- 26 Nov. 2017: Variation added.
- A Call to Strike on Blizzard France Employees on Shadowlands Launch Day
- Which Class to Play in Diablo 3 Season 22? Solo, Group, and Speedfarm Rankings
- All Diablo 3 Season 22 Guides (Patch 2.6.10)
- Diablo 3 Season 22 Start Time
- Diablo 3 Cinematics Upscaled to 8K, 48 FPS
- Patch 2.6.10 Is Live
- Blizzard Selling Face Masks on Gear Store
- Official Preview of Season 22 in Diablo 3