Necromancer Skeletal Mages Build With Trag'Oul and Jesseth Sets
Welcome to our build guide for Trag'Oul Blood Mages Necromancer in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.4 and Season 16.General Information
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our follower guide, which contains detailed advice on choosing the skills and the gear of your companion.
Grasping the essence of his own life forces with the might of the Trag'Oul's Avatar set, the Blood Mage Necromancer infuses his skeletal summons with very blood. This daring take on the summoner archetype is available in both regular Rift farming and Greater Rift solo progression variations, explained in that order.
2. Video Guide
The following video guide was created to accompany the present written guide and demonstrate how to play the build in-game.
3. Quick Reference
3.1. Skill Setup
The basic skill setup of the Blood Mage Necromancer is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Skeletal Mage Life Support Command Skeletons Freezing Grasp 1 Devour Cannibalize 2 Bone Armor Dislocation 3 Land of the Dead Frozen Lands 4 Blood Rush No rune chosen|
|Siphon Blood Blood Sucker Skeletal Mage Life Support 1 Devour Cannibalize 2 Bone Armor Dislocation 3 Command Skeletons Freezing Grasp 4 Decrepify Dizzying Curse|
4.1. Gear Setup
The required gear setup for the Blood Mage Necromancer is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution. It also includes detailed explanations for Season 16 adjustments.
- Helm: Trag'Oul's Guise
- Shoulders: Trag'Oul's Heart
- Gloves: Trag'Oul's Claws
- Chest: Trag'Oul's Scales
- Belt: Goldwrap
- Pants: Trag'Oul's Hide
- Boots: Trag'Oul's Stalwart Greaves (or Steuart's Greaves in Season 16)
- Bracers: Nemesis Bracers
- Amulet: Hellfire Amulet of Intelligence
- Ring 1: Circle of Nailuj's Evol
- Ring 2: Avarice Band
- Weapon: Jesseth Skullscythe
- Offhand: Jesseth Skullshield
4.2. Legendary Gems
4.3. Kanai's Cube
5. Role in the Current Meta
This build is ranked as a Mid Tier solo pushing build for its class in the current Season. If you are looking for a strong build that will easily finish the Seasonal Journey, but do not necessarily care for high leaderboard placement, consider using this build.
This is a versatile build, able to handle all three major activities in the game (Greater Rifts, Normal Rifts and Bounties) with the adjustments outlined in this guide. It is not recommended for group Greater Rifts past the point where every party member can handle the content on his own.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Added suggestions for the baseline Ring of Royal Grandeur for Seasonal characters.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 28 Oct. 2017 (this page): No changes necessary for Patch 2.6.1.
- 07 Jul. 2017 (this page): Guide added.
- Activision Blizzard Q4 2018 Earnings Call & Layoffs
- Activision Blizzard Layoffs to Be Announced Soon?
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #35
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #34
- Deadset's Guide Compendium for Season 16 / Patch 2.6.4
- Four New Collectible Blizzard Books Coming This Fall
- 2.6.4 Is Now Live + Patch Notes
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode 33
- Soul Harvest Witch Doctor (Patch 2.6.4)
- Necromancer Pestilence Set Dungeon
- Zunimassa and williken's fetish army
- WoL Monk (Patch 2.6.4)
- Why no Litany of the Undaunted Builds? (patch 2.6.4)
- Thorns Crusader (Patch 2.6.4)
- Above Paragon level 397 (when you have 50 Core points), is Movement Speed on boots always sub-optimal?
- Meteor Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)