Rend Barbarian Speed Farming Variation
On this page, we explain everything that is specific to the Speed Farming variant of Rend Barbarian. Updated for patch 2.6.5 and Season 17.
1. Normal Rift Speed Farming Variation
The Rend Barbarian can deal reasonably well with Normal Rift farming all the way through the highest Torment difficulties. This build variation mostly suffers from its locked down belt slot, denying it the synergistic options associated with the best speed rifting builds.
Within the limited scope of regular difficulties, the necessary toughness to triumph over the enemy is significantly smaller. Thus, your best course of action is to improve damage and utility.
2. Adapting Skills
|Furious Charge Merciless Assault Whirlwind Hurricane 1 Rend Bloodbath 2 Sprint Marathon 3 Wrath of the Berserker Insanity 4 Call of the Ancients Ancients' Fury|
In the skill selection, you will accomplish that by:
- Exchanging the healing rune Blood Funnel for the pull of Hurricane on Whirlwind.
- Since the survivability from Together as One is devalued, swap Call of the Ancients to Ancients' Fury for effortless Fury management.
- Replacing the toughness boost of Striding Giant with the pure DPS boost of Insanity on Wrath of the Berserker.
- In speedruns, where Fury is taken care of by Ancients' Fury, you can safely swap the War Cry defensive cooldown for Sprint Marathon.
- In your passives, you can change the flexible fourth slot from progression staples like Superstition to the extra damage of Brawler.
3. Adapting Gear
In normal rifts, your best option for the bracer slot becomes Nemesis Bracers, whose additional elite spawns will result in faster overall clear times.
The progression-oriented Convention of Elements should be dropped from your jewelry during speed farming, since the Rift's ease makes the timing of that ring obsolete. In its stead, use a physical damage Stone of Jordan for the consistent boost to your Rends. On an well optimized endgame character (mid to high paragons, well rolled gear), you can also replace the generic safety of Band of Might for the utility of Avarice Band (and its synergy with Boon of the Hoarder).
4. Adapting Gemming
In speed runs, Elite and Rift Guardian fights take significantly less time; thus, the value of Bane of the Stricken diminishes and it is best replaced by the well rounded toughness increase from Esoteric Alteration. This is mostly done to counteract some of the survivability lost from your rune swaps on Wrath of the Berserker and Call of the Ancients. If you feel confident in your survivability, you can also run Bane of the Powerful or Boon of the Hoarder in this slot (the latter is especially useful if you have optimized your farming setup with an Avarice Band).
|Torso and Pants||
- 13 May 2019: Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 31 Oct. 2017: Changed ring options, as in the main build.
- Diablo Immortal: Potential Monetization Model
- Season 17 Guides: All Classes
- Season 17 Guides: Crusader, Demon Hunter and Monk
- LoN Builds to Enjoy in Season 17 Part 2
- Season 17 Guides: Barbarian and Necromancer
- Challenge Rift 99 Guides
- Patch 2.6.5 Now Live + Patch Notes
- LoN Builds to Enjoy in Season 17 - Featuring Deadset
- Monk Sunwuko Set Dungeon
- Generator Necromancer (Patch 2.6.4)
- LoN Blood Nova Necromancer (Patch 2.6.5)
- Poison Dart Witch Doctor (Patch 2.6.4)
- 3 socket gear.
- LoN Solo Skeletons Necromancer (Patch 2.6.4)
- Firebats Witch Doctor (Patch 2.6.4)
- LoN Rapid Fire Demon Hunter (Patch 2.6.5)