Witch Doctor Helltooth Zombie Bears Build
Welcome to our build guide for Helltooth Zombie Bears Witch Doctor in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.5 and Season 17.
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our follower guide, which contains detailed advice on choosing the skills and the gear of your companion.
Reworked into a top tier Witch Doctor set in Patch 2.3, Helltooth puts a strong emphasis on spellcasting playstyles — and along with a few helpful legendaries, brings back the vanilla darling Zombie Bears build. This bursty, AoE playstyle is available in both Greater Rift solo progression and regular Rift farming variations, explained in that order.
2. Quick Reference
2.1. Skill Setup
The basic skill setup of the Helltooth Zombie Bears Witch Doctor is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Haunt Poisoned Spirit Zombie Charger Zombie Bears 1 Soul Harvest Languish 2 Spirit Walk Jaunt 3 Piranhas Piranhado 4 Wall of Death Fire Wall|
|Haunt Poisoned Spirit Zombie Charger Zombie Bears 1 Soul Harvest Soul to Waste 2 Spirit Walk Severance 3 Piranhas Piranhado 4 Wall of Death Fire Wall|
3.1. Gear Setup
The required gear setup for the Helltooth Zombie Bears Witch Doctor is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution.
- Helm: Helltooth Mask
- Shoulders: Helltooth Mantle
- Gloves: Helltooth Gauntlets
- Chest: Helltooth Tunic
- Belt: Belt of Transcendence
- Pants: Helltooth Leg Guards
- Boots: Helltooth Greaves
- Bracers: Jeram's Bracers
- Amulet: The Traveler's Pledge
- Ring 1: The Compass Rose
- Ring 2: Ring of Emptiness
- Weapon: Scrimshaw
- Offhand: Henri's Perquisition
3.2. Legendary Gems
- Legendary Gem 1: Bane of the Trapped
- Legendary Gem 2: Esoteric Alteration
- Legendary Gem 3: Bane of the Stricken
3.3. Kanai's Cube
- 17 May 2019 (skills page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 17 May 2019 (gear page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 17 May 2019 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Added suggestions for the baseline Ring of Royal Grandeur for Seasonal characters.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 27 Oct. 2017 (this page): No changes necessary for Patch 2.6.1.
- 29 Jun. 2017 (this page): Updated for 2.6 and moved to new format.
- UE Multishot Demon Hunter (Patch 2.6.4)
- Necromancer Corpse Lance LON
- Farming/Crafting/Upgrading Gems
- Patch buffed gear question.
- LoN LTK Monk
- Wizard question
- Follower Guide
- Tempest Rush Monk (Patch 2.6.4)