Nazeebo Abilities and Strategy
Welcome to our Abilities page for Nazeebo. Here, we give you an overview of every ability in Nazeebo's kit. For each of them, we explain what it does, how to best use it, and how it works in combination with Nazeebo's other abilities. We also give you strategy tips to play Nazeebo efficiently.
Nazeebo's Tips and Tricks
- Corpse Spiders are usually most effective if tossed on a single enemy target.
- Zombie Wall should be used primarily for its utility, use it sparingly. It can also be used to attract Forts and Keeps when no friendly Minions are nearby.
- Plague of Toads can be difficult to hit, use it on enemies coming towards you.
- Gargantuan allows you to stay mobile while dealing plenty of damage at the same time.
- Ravenous Spirit can kill entire enemy teams if you can channel it uninterrupted. Make sure to cast it from a location that is hard to reach for the enemies.
- IMPORTANT: Poison Minions before killing them to increase your health and Mana with Voodoo Ritual. We strongly recommend trying to reach 175 stacks before Level 20 in order to get the significant late game power spike from Vile Infection.
- Mana: 50
- Cooldown: 9 seconds
Hurl a jar of spiders that deals 50 (+4% per level) damage. If it hits at least one enemy, create 3 Corpse Spiders that attack for 38 (+4% per level) damage. Spiders last for 4 seconds.
Corpse Spiders is one of Nazeebo's main sources of damage and should be used the moment it becomes available. The pot has a very small radius of impact and can be difficult to hit if enemies are moving, so cast Corpse Spiders where you think the enemy will be, rather than where they are. The majority of Corpse Spiders' damage comes from the Spiders themselves and their ability to constantly proc Voodoo Ritual over their 4-second duration.
Corpse Spiders is very effective at applying Voodoo Ritual to targets, making it easy to regenerate health and Mana and stack Voodoo Ritual. It is also one of the best abilities to scout bushes with and interrupt objective channelling, since the Spiders are immune to damage and will relentlessly attack enemies for their full 4-second duration.
- Mana: 70
- Cooldown: 14 seconds
After 1 second, create a ring of Zombies surrounding the target area that deal 28 (+4% per level) damage and last for 3 seconds.
Zombie Wall is an extremely powerful ability. Although it is primarily used to immobilise vulnerable enemies within the ring, allowing you and your allies to easily follow up with damage, it can also be used to completely block off narrow paths, such as the Gates between Towers. Additionally, it can also be used to trap pursuing enemies, tank the attacks of neutral Mercenaries, and to soak or tank the Tower shots from Structures. Zombie Wall can be difficult to place correctly, due to its short delay before emerging, so cast it where you think the enemy will be, rather than where they currently are.
When using Zombie Wall, be aware that it is not true crowd control and that enemies still have full use of their abilities, allowing them to damage you. Additionally, many Heroes have abilities that can deal with Zombie Wall, by dispersing, killing, or simply jumping over the Zombies, such as E.T.C.'s Face Melt, Leoric's Skeletal Swing, or Muradin's Dwarf Toss, so it is sometimes better to save Zombie Wall until the enemy uses the relevant ability.
Plague of Toads
- Mana: 30
- Charges: 2
- Recharge Time: 8 seconds
Create a wave of 3 Toads that explode on contact, dealing 119 (+4% per level) damage over 6 seconds. This effect stacks.
Stores up to 2 charges.
Plague of Toads is very basic in its use and should simply be cast in the general direction of your target. Note that the Toads move very slowly, making it almost impossible to hit moving targets, so it is important to only use Plague of Toads when your target cannot avoid them, such as when they are trapped in Zombie Wall. Since the Toads all originate from the same point (directly in front of you), they can be "shotgunned" at targets adjacent to you, immediately hitting them with all 3 Toads for maximum damage.
- Mana: 90
- Cooldown: 70 seconds
Summon a Gargantuan to guard an area for 20 seconds. Deals 100 (+4% per level) damage when summoned, attacks for 140 (+4% per level) damage, and can be ordered to stomp nearby enemies.
Gargantuan deals a significant amount of damage and can effectively zone vulnerable Heroes out of a team fight by itself. If the Gargantuan lasts for its full 20 second duration, its cooldown is only 50 seconds (since the cooldown begins when it is summoned), which is extremely low. This means that Gargantuan can (and should) be used very liberally and not just for team fights. Its uses range from quickly clearing Mercenary camps alone, sieging the enemy base, and even just to trading, as long as there is not an imminent team fight. The Gargantuan's Stomp ability should be used whenever it is surrounded by enemies, so it is important to always be aware if its positioning.
- Mana: 100
- Cooldown: 90 seconds
Channel a Ravenous Spirit that deals 216 (+4% per level) damage per second. Cannot move while channeling. Lasts for 8 seconds.
When you have Ravenous Spirit, always look for a safe location to cast it from. A safe location can be behind a wall, in a bush, or behind your allies. You should use Ravenous Spirit when there are multiple enemies close together. You should use all of your Basic Abilities just prior to casting Ravenous Spirit to maximize your damage. Zombie Wall can be used to block off a path before casting, preventing enemies from interrupting you.
Voodoo Ritual (Trait)
Nazeebo's Basic Attacks and Abilities poison Non-Heroic enemies, causing them to take 67 (+4% per level) additional damage over 6 seconds.
Quest: If a Minion dies while poisoned by Voodoo Ritual, Nazeebo permanently gains 6 Health and 1 Mana.
Voodoo Ritual provides significant permanent health and Mana increase, as a single wave of 7 minions can provide Nazeebo with up to 42 health and 7 Mana. When laning with Nazeebo, try your best to make sure that all Minions that die are afflicted by Voodoo Ritual, thus maximizing your overall survivability and Mana household. This is particularly important during the early game, which lays the foundation for a strong mid and late game.
- 25 Jun. 2019: Updated Nazeebo's abilities in accordance with the latest in-game terminology.
- 04 May 2017: Fixed instance where Gargantuan's cooldown had the wrong value.
- Introducing Mastery Rings
- Heroic Deals: October 15th
- Heroes of the Storm Balance Update Patch Notes: October 15th
- Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: October 15th
- Weekly Brawl - Industrial District: October 11th
- Heroic Deals: October 8th
- Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: October 8th
- Weekly Brawl - Lost Cavern: October 4th
- Heroes of the Storm Kel'Thuzad
- Heroes of the Storm Gazlowe
- Heroes of the Storm Junkrat
- Auriel's Best Hope Bearers
- Heroes of the Storm Varian
- Heroes of the Storm Rehgar
- Heroes of the Storm Anduin
- Ana's Best Nano-Busters