Samuro Abilities and Strategy
Welcome to our Abilities page for Samuro. Here, we give you an overview of every ability in Samuro's kit. For each of them, we explain what it does, how to best use it, and how it works in combination with Samuro's other abilities. We also give you strategy tips to play Samuro efficiently.
1. Samuro's Tips and Tricks
- Use Mirror Image to tank tower shots while ganking, or to damage structures without a friendly minion wave.
- Critical Strike resets your Basic Attacks; activate it immediately after delivering a Basic Attack for optimal effect.
- Wind Walk can be used to quickly approach enemies, or to help you escape dangerous situations.
- Use Bladestorm to kill low Health enemies who may otherwise be protected by crowd control provided by thier allies.
- The Movement Speed provided by Image Transmission can be used not only to chase, but to dodge or to disengage from combat as well.
- Activate Image Transmission to engage on a Hero near one of your Images, or to return to safety when you are in danger.
2. Image Transmission (Trait)
- Cooldown: 25 seconds
Activate to switch places with a target Mirror Image, removing most negative effects from Samuro and the Mirror Image.
Basic Attacks against enemy Heroes increase Samuro's Movement Speed by 25% for 2 seconds.
Image Transmission can help Samuro to apply additional Basic Attacks onto fleeing enemies, and to dodge enemy Abilities during confrontations. More importantly, it can be activated to swap places with Images. This opens up a variety of ways to deceive or outmaneuver your opponents.
3. Mirror Image
- Cooldown: 18 seconds
Teleport a short distance in the direction of the mouse cursor, creating 2 Mirror Images for 18 seconds with 100% of Samuro's current Health that Basic Attack enemies for 9 (+4% per level) damage. Whenever an Image takes damage, it deals that amount of damage to itself, effectively doubling the damage it takes.
Maximum 2 Mirror Images can be active at at time. Using Mirror Image removes most negative effects from Samuro.
Mirror Image is Samuro's most iconic Ability. As a squishy Melee Assassin, he relies on these to take damage for him. Activating Mirror Image will remove negative effects, move Samuro slightly in the direction of the cursor, and create Images in the opposite direction. Images will spawn with the same percentage of Health that Samuro has at the time of casting, meaning that Images are most effective when cast while you are at full Health. The Images can push Minion waves, clear Mercenary camps, or confuse and damage enemy players. Images can soak many tower shots, allowing Samuro to siege without Minions. When using the Images against enemy Heroes, it is a good idea to input as little as possible. Controlling Samuro in an intelligent manner will give away the real Samuro; only do so when you are ready to disengage. If you have Illusion Master, consider moving one of the Images away. This will give you an exit via Image Transmission, or fool enemies into thinking the Image is Samuro.
4. Critical Strike
- Cooldown: 10 seconds
Samuro's next Basic Attack within 8 seconds will be a Critical Strike, dealing 50% increased damage. This also applies to Images, and does not break Wind Walk.
Passive: Samuro and his Images deal a Critical Strike on every 4th Basic Attack.
Activating Critical Strike will reset the passive portion of the Ability, so it is a good idea to use Critical Strike immediately after applying a critical via the passive. Critical Strikes activated through the passive will not expire, and can be saved for use at a later time. By quickly activating Critical Strike after a passively triggered crit, you can hit an enemy with 2 Critical Strikes in quick succession. This can help to speed up Mercenary Camps, or to kill enemy Heroes.
5. Wind Walk
- Cooldown: 15 seconds
Grant Samuro Stealth for up to 10 seconds or until he attacks, uses an Ability, or takes damage.
While Stealthed, Samuro's Movement Speed is increased by 25% and he can pass through other units. Remaining stationary for at least 1.5 seconds while Stealthed grants Invisible.
Samuro is Unrevealable for the first 1 second of Wind Walk.
Wind Walk can be used to approach enemy Heroes or to help you retreat. There are several Talents that improve the usefulness of Wind Walk.
- Cooldown: 110 seconds
Cause a Bladestorm of destructive force around Samuro for 4 seconds, making him Unstoppable and dealing 235 (+4% per level) damage per second to nearby enemies.
Samuro can move during Bladestorm, and cancel it by reactivating the Ability. Bladestorm deals a large amount of damage over time that can only be stopped by killing Samuro. It is best to use Bladestorm when you have kill potential on an enemy Hero, and in situations where you could otherwise be crowd controlled off of your target. Although it may often seem like a good idea to apply Bladestorm's damage area to as many enemy Heroes as possible, it can be dangerous. Keep in mind that Samuro can still take damage while channeling this Heroic, and factor that into your decisions.
7. Illusion Master
- Cooldown: 25 seconds
Mirror Images can be controlled individually or as a group and their damage is increased by 100%.
Passive: Samuro's Basic Attack damage is increased by 10%, and Image Transmission's cooldown is reduced to 8 seconds.
Illusion Master is a novel Heroic that is more of an extra passive, rather than an actived one. Illusion Master will increase the efficiency of your Mercenary clear, so if you are playing on a battleground where camps are very important (like Blackheart's Bay) it can be a very strong choice. If you want to try a challenging and unconventional approach focused on cunning and subterfuge, try this Heroic out! If you need to win through Hero Takedowns, Bladestorm is probably the better option.
- 14 Dec. 2017: Abilities section updated to reflect Samuro's rework.
- Weekly Collection Update: October 23rd
- Weekly Brawl - Blackheart's Revenge: October 19th
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #27
- Heroes of the Storm Patch Notes: Oct 16 & Mal'Ganis Build Guide
- Game Director Alan Dabiri Leaves Heroes Team
- Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: October 15th
- WTF Moments Episode 114
- Weekly Collection Update: October 16th
- Heroes of the Storm Mal'Ganis
- Heroes of the Storm Kerrigan
- Fever Clan Recruitment
- Heroes of the Storm Diablo
- whitemane - mana converstion burst heal guide. the nart build
- Icy Veins BattleTag exchange
- Heroes of the Storm Brightwing
- Was just told auriel is the worst healer in the game