Arachyr Firebats Witch Doctor Speed Farming Variation
On this page, we explain everything that is specific to the Speed Farming variant of Arachyr Firebats Witch Doctor. Updated for patch 2.6.5 and Season 17.
1. Angry Chicken Speed Farming
By adopting Hex Angry Chicken into the build, The Arachyr Firebats Witch Doctor deals excellently with Normal Rift farming all the way through the highest Torment difficulties. With the appropriate gear modifications outlined below, it should also prove as a reliable and capable bounty farming build.
Within the limited scope of regular difficulties, the necessary damage and toughness to triumph over the enemy is significantly smaller. Thus, your best course of action is to improve utility and speed.
2. Adapting Skills
|Haunt Poisoned Spirit Locust Swarm Pestilence 1 Hex Angry Chicken 2 Spirit Walk Severance 3 Summon Zombie Dogs Life Link 4 Soul Harvest Soul to Waste|
The speedrun rotation tries to apply, detonate and re-apply the Angry Chicken as often as it possibly can, taking advantage of the huge damage multipliers of both the Arachyr 6-piece and the Manajuma 2-piece sets. During the minimal downtime of the avian form, you can refresh your Ring of Emptiness buffs with a few quick Haunts. Before you enter your next Angry Chicken form, you can Soul Harvest for the additional movement speed from Soul to Waste, as well as apply another huge movement speed buff from Spirit Walk Severance. Last but not least, Summon Zombie Dogs to accompany you during your farming, as they will speed you up through the Fierce Loyalty passive.
In the skill selection, you will accomplish that by:
- Hex turns from a utility cooldown into the centerpiece of the build for the speedfarming spec, transforming the Witch Doctor into an Angry Chicken. The standard 2-second duration of the Angry Chicken form is extended to the generous 15 seconds through the Manajuma set, and receives two major damage multipliers from both Arachyr and Manajuma. In a dense fight, the player-controlled detonations will trigger additional detonations from slain enemies, effectively oneshotting trash and elites alike.
- In speedruns, you will be losing Vile Hive to Manajuma's Gory Fetch, necessitating that you use Locust Swarm Pestilence on your bar.
- You can also consider dropping Firebats as a whole, since Angry Chicken should do more than enough damage. In its stead, you can take Summon Zombie Dogs Life Link for some upfront mitigation, as well as a proc for the Fierce Loyalty movespeed increase.
- Make a mental note to pop Spirit Walk right before adding another 100% movement speed from Angry Chicken (due to the Manajuma set) to send yourself flying through rifts and bounties — especially useful for bad RNG, empty maps.
- Swap the Soul Harvest rune from Languish to Soul to Waste for yet another movement speed boost.
- In your passives, you can consider swapping Confidence Ritual out for the movespeed increase of Fierce Loyalty, but you will ideally include both passives via a well-rolled Hellfire Amulet of Intelligence.
- Slot Tribal Rites instead of Creeping Death, as it will cut the cooldown of Hex by 25%, ensuring you get back into Angry Chicken form as soon as possible.
- Finally, you should replace Creeping Death with Gruesome Feast — the strongest damage passive for Witch Doctors due to its true multiplier, it grants you a 10% increase of Mana and Intelligence when you pick up a health globe, stacking up to five times.
3. Adapting Gear
The buildup mechanic of the Endless Walk set is unfit for speedruns; you should use Stone of Jordan and a Hellfire Amulet of Intelligence instead. A poison-rolled Stone of Jordan is a straightforward damage addition to the build, preferable to the rotation-based Convention of Elements due to its consistency and on-demand damage during farming. Optimally, you will pair this ring with a crafted Hellfire Amulet of Intelligence with good rolls and a solid fifth passive like Gruesome Feast or Fierce Loyalty.
As you will not rely on Firebats at all during speedrunning, two farming staples fill out the aforementioned gear slots. The recommended legendary in the wrists slot are the Nemesis Bracers, which will spawn an additional elite for every Shrine or Pylon that you pick up, cutting down time spent looking for elites in Rifts. For Torment farming, a strongly suggested belt swap is the Goldwrap. Synergizing with Boon of the Hoarder and Avarice Band, Goldwrap will render you practically invulnerable and allow you to focus on killing and looting without regards for your safety.
The mandatory weapon and offhand swap for speedrunning are the Manajuma's Way set, Manajuma's Carving Knife and Manajuma's Gory Fetch. They are essential to the farming playstyle by providing Hex damage multiplication, AoE potential and movement speed bonuses. Rolls-wise, aim for high Damage and Cooldown Reduction on Manajuma's Carving Knife and high Damage range, Intelligence, Crit Chance and CDR on Manajuma's Gory Fetch.
4. Adapting Gemming
In regular Rift farming, damage-oriented gems that scale with time spent fighting ( Bane of the Stricken) or density ( Pain Enhancer) will prove too slow and inefficient to be worth the socket. In their place, use farming staples like Bane of the Powerful for the generic damage increase, and Boon of the Hoarder for its synergy with an equipped Goldwrap and cubed Avarice Band.
|Torso and Pants||
5. Adapting Kanai's Cube
Your jewelry Cube slot will be taken by Avarice Band: an Act III cache legendary ring, whose unique property extends your pickup radius up to 30 yards for a generous 10-second period. Triggered, maximized and constantly refreshed from the endless stream of Boon of the Hoarder gold, the ring and the gem will keep you sped up throughout the rift.
- Diablo Immortal: Potential Monetization Model
- Season 17 Guides: All Classes
- Season 17 Guides: Crusader, Demon Hunter and Monk
- LoN Builds to Enjoy in Season 17 Part 2
- Season 17 Guides: Barbarian and Necromancer
- Challenge Rift 99 Guides
- Patch 2.6.5 Now Live + Patch Notes
- LoN Builds to Enjoy in Season 17 - Featuring Deadset
- Poison Dart Witch Doctor (Patch 2.6.4)
- LoN Solo Skeletons Necromancer (Patch 2.6.4)
- Demon Hunter Natalya's Vengeance Set Dungeon
- LoN HotA Barbarian (Patch 2.6.5)
- Wizard question
- Grasp Witch Doctor (Patch 2.6.4)
- LoN LTK Monk
- Acid Cloud Witch Doctor (Patch 2.6.4)