Spirit Barrage Mundunugu WD Speed Farming Variation
On this page, we explain everything that is specific to the Speed Farming variant of Spirit Barrage Mundunugu WD. Updated for patch 2.6.10 and Season 22.
Mundunugu's Regalia Spirit Barrage Witch Doctor Speed Farming Variation
The Mundunugu's Regalia Spirit Barrage Witch Doctor can deal excellently with Normal Rift and Bounty farming all the way through the highest Torment difficulties. The build variation is a top choice for the class for the purpose, handling both tasks with ease. We have speed farming rankings if you want to know more about which builds are best for speed farming.
Within the limited scope of regular difficulties, the necessary damage and toughness to triumph over the enemy is significantly smaller. Thus, your best course of action is to improve utility and speed.
|Spirit Barrage Manitou Summon Zombie Dogs Leeching Beasts 1 Horrify Stalker 2 Spirit Walk Severance 3 Big Bad Voodoo Rain Dance 4 Soul Harvest Soul to Waste|
When you are speed farming regular rifts, parts of your playstyle will adapt to the lowered challenge and focus more on speed and utility.
When beginning a run, start with a triple Phantasm spawn to empower your Manitou; then, Spirit Walk into enemies, pop Big Bad Voodoo into Soul Harvest into Horrify to get their respective buffs up and redo the Spirit Barrage assault. This will implode nearby enemies, resetting your cooldowns via Grave Injustice and In-geom (if applicable), and you will be ready to start the cycle anew. Keep Summon Zombie Dogs active simply for the extra movement speed of Fierce Loyalty; their damage will not be necessary. Make sure to recast your buffs regularly, especially Big Bad Voodoo when you change levels — since it does not follow you to the next map.
Adapting Skills and Passives
Parts of the skill and passive selection will overlap with the base Greater Rift progression build, but others will have to change according to the task at hand. Ability to cross over great distances faster and more efficiently take precedence.
- Naturally, you will keep Spirit Barrage as your main damage dealer, along with the extra damage rune Manitou. Another piece from the GR solo build that you will keep is Spirit Walk with Severance for the incomparable movement speed it provides.
- Soul Harvest will be kept from the progression spec, but you will alter the defense-oriented Languish rune to the pure movement speed buff of Soul to Waste.
- You will maintain Big Bad Voodoo from the main build, but simply alter the overly defensive rune Ghost Trance to the Mana regenerative Rain Dance, which, in turn, increases your damage through the Mundunugu set interaction.
- Since the kill speed in Torments is too fast for enemy grouping to occur and matter, you will be replacing Piranhas Piranhado from the main spec with Horrify Stalker for the extra movement speed. Note that this effect will also proc the legendary bonus of Rechel's Ring of Larceny, further improving mobility.
- You will be dropping the excessive damage buffs of Ring of Emptiness during speed farming for utility jewelry, which means you are free to replace Locust Swarm with something else. Our recommendation is Summon Zombie Dogs for the additional movement speed, through the interaction with Fierce Loyalty.
- As such, our passive lineup recommendation is Spirit Vessel (for a failsafe cheat death), Gruesome Feast (for the massive damage bonuses when killing large groups of enemies quickly), Grave Injustice (for the staple Cooldown Reduction), and Fierce Loyalty (for the movement speed buff from the active summons).
Most of the gear from the Greater Rift progression build will still make sense for speed farming, but a few variations will be necessary, in order to maximize your productivity and momentum during regular Rift clears.
The Mundunugu's Regalia set is still worn almost in its entirety, but it is recommended that you use the Act II bounty cache legendary Gloves of Worship as a worn piece, as the extended bonuses of even the most common Shrines can be quite valuable during speed farming, i.e. Empowered brings resource regeneration and feeds you damage bonuses through the set mechanic. They replace the Mundunugu's Rhythm and necessitate the use of Ring of Royal Grandeur in your jewelry Cube slot to complete the 6-piece Mundunugu bonus. This change, however, nets you a valuable armor Cube slot for utility bonuses — see the Cube section below.
During standard rift speed farming, the timing and debuffing-reliant bonuses of the Endless Walk set and Ring of Emptiness are greatly diminished in usefulness. In their place, try wearing a combination of an Avarice Band and a Rechel's Ring of Larceny. Avarice Band is an Act III bounty cache legendary ring that increases your gold and health globe pickup radius as you pick up gold, stacking to the massive, half-screen circle of 30 yards — all for a generous 10 second duration. Its legendary power will greatly assist you in maintaining the movement speed bonuses from both Boon of the Hoarder and the near-invulnerability from Goldwrap. Rechel's Ring of Larceny brings a massive movement speed buff any time you fear your enemies, which you will do quite often with Horrify. Lastly, complete the jewelry with Squirt's Necklace, whose glass cannon damage bonuses you can use almost without repercussion, due to the Goldwrap armor bonuses. If you are not confident to play with the dangers imposed by this amulet, you can alter to The Flavor of Time for the extended Pylon duration, or any other amulet of your choosing, as long as it has the appropriate stats.
During low tier GRs or normal rift speedruns, an optimized character can avoid the overkill of toughness in the bracer slot by swapping to Nemesis Bracers, which will cut down clear times by spawning additional elites.
To help you with farming the gear you need for your builds, we have two very useful guides that you can access by clicking the links below: a Salvage Guide to help you quickly check whether or not you can safely salvage a piece of gear and a Legendary Farming Guide to help you efficiently farm legendaries and set items.
Bane of the Trapped remains a universally desired damage amplification gem.
Boon of the Hoarder is a great speed farming inclusion, as it increases both your gold income (necessary for empowering GRs), as well as your movement speed and survivability (through its interaction with Goldwrap).
Molten Wildebeest's Gizzard is suggested in the third slot simply for the upkeep of Squirt's Necklace bonuses; if you dislike playing with that amulet, you can viably alternate to Gogok of Swiftness here.
|Torso and Pants|
For more information about gems, please refer to our guide on gems.
For more information about gems, please refer to our guide on gems.
Adapting Kanai's Cube
In-geom is a staple speedfarming selection for the weapon Cube slot, cutting all your cooldowns by 10 seconds every time you take down an elite — a bonus you will chain constantly during speed farming, ensuring smoothness of your Rift runs.
If you are mixing the Mundunugu set with utility legendaries as we suggest, you will need a Ring of Royal Grandeur in the jewelry Cube slot.
During Season 22, you are able to add Sacred Harvester from the progression build and enjoy its well-rounded utility bonuses even during speed farming.
The Kanai's Cube can be used for much more than simply extracting Legendary powers from items. Please refer to our Kanai's Cube guide for more information.
The recommended legendary potion is Bottomless Potion of the Leech, which assists the lacking sources of sustain in the build.
- 19 Nov. 2020: Added Cube recommendations for Season 22.
- 01 Jul. 2020: Guide revised to reflect the changes in pet damage calculation.
- 10 Mar. 2020: Guide added.
- A Call to Strike on Blizzard France Employees on Shadowlands Launch Day
- Which Class to Play in Diablo 3 Season 22? Solo, Group, and Speedfarm Rankings
- All Diablo 3 Season 22 Guides (Patch 2.6.10)
- Diablo 3 Season 22 Start Time
- Diablo 3 Cinematics Upscaled to 8K, 48 FPS
- Patch 2.6.10 Is Live
- Blizzard Selling Face Masks on Gear Store
- Official Preview of Season 22 in Diablo 3