Crusader Akkhan Blessed Shield Build
Welcome to our build guide for Akkhan Blessed Shield Crusader in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.4 and Season 16.General Information
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our follower guide, which contains detailed advice on choosing the skills and the gear of your companion.
With massive numbers buffs in Patch 2.6.1, the dedicated legendaries from several patches prior finally elevate one of the signature Crusader skills, Blessed Shield, to an endgame state. This build plays on the compelling fantasy of using the shield as a weapon, charging it with holy might and reaping an entire field of demons with a single, mighty toss. This mid range, sustained damage playstyle is available in both Greater Rift solo progression and regular Rift farming variations, explained in that order.
2. Quick Reference
2.1. Skill Setup
The basic skill setup of the Akkhan Blessed Shield Crusader is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Blessed Shield Combust Iron Skin Steel Skin 1 Laws of Valor Critical 2 Steed Charge Draw and Quarter 3 Consecration Bathed in Light 4 Akarat's Champion Prophet|
|Blessed Shield Combust Iron Skin Flash 1 Laws of Hope Wings of Angels 2 Steed Charge Endurance 3 Condemn Vacuum 4 Akarat's Champion Prophet|
3.1. Gear Setup
The required gear setup for the Akkhan Blessed Shield Crusader is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution. It also includes detailed explanations for Season 16 adjustments.
- Helm: Helm of Akkhan
- Shoulders: Pauldrons of Akkhan
- Gloves: Gauntlets of Akkhan
- Chest: Breastplate of Akkhan (or Aquila Cuirass in Season 16)
- Belt: The Witching Hour
- Pants: Cuisses of Akkhan
- Boots: Sabatons of Akkhan
- Bracers: Akkhan's Manacles
- Amulet: The Traveler's Pledge
- Ring 1: The Compass Rose
- Ring 2: Convention of Elements
- Weapon: Gyrfalcon's Foote
- Offhand: Jekangbord
3.2. Legendary Gems
- Legendary Gem 1: Bane of the Trapped
- Legendary Gem 2: Gogok of Swiftness
- Legendary Gem 3: Bane of the Stricken
3.3. Kanai's Cube
- Weapon Slot: Akkhan's Leniency
- Armor Slot: Aquila Cuirass (or Magefist in Season 16)
- Jewelry Slot: Unity
4. Role in the Current Meta
This build is ranked as a High Tier solo pushing build for its class in the current Season. If high leaderboard position without strict adherence to the meta is attractive to you, consider using this build.
This is a versatile build, able to handle all three major activities in the game (Greater Rifts, Normal Rifts and Bounties) with the adjustments outlined in this guide. It is not recommended for group Greater Rifts past the point where every party member can handle the content on his own.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Added suggestions for the baseline Ring of Royal Grandeur for Seasonal characters.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 25 Nov. 2017 (this page): Slight revision to stat recommendations.
- 01 Nov. 2017 (this page): Added new build.
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode 36
- Activision Blizzard Q4 2018 Earnings Call & Layoffs
- Activision Blizzard Layoffs to Be Announced Soon?
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #35
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #34
- Deadset's Guide Compendium for Season 16 / Patch 2.6.4
- Four New Collectible Blizzard Books Coming This Fall
- 2.6.4 Is Now Live + Patch Notes
- Twister Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)
- Why no Litany of the Undaunted Builds? (patch 2.6.4)
- Crusader Akkhan Set Dungeon
- Necromancer Trag'Oul Set Dungeon
- Thorns Crusader (Patch 2.6.4)
- Fever Clan recruiting for Season
- Support Necromancer (Patch 2.6.4)
- Frozen Orb Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)